Home

Sock It To Me!!! 1968 tigers in the vault!!!!

This is a discussion on Sock It To Me!!! 1968 tigers in the vault!!!! within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 03:34 AM   #1
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
Talking Sock It To Me!!! 1968 tigers in the vault!!!!

Hi Guys,
I took Hoozier Daddy's Wonderful 1967 Complete Roster and a couple of players from Setcropper's fantastic "early 60's" roster to put together the 1968 Detroit Tigers World Series Championship Team.
All of the other teams are still Hoozier Daddy's 1967 Complete Roster.
It would be cool if somebody wanted to work on the other teams to make them 1968 as well.

I adjusted the lineups and pitching rotations to reflect what was listed here as Lineups and Rotations:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...g-orders.shtml

I primarily focused on a hybrid lineup towards the end of the Tigers 1968 season because Al Kaline got hit by a pitch earlier in the year, broke his arm, and missed a great portion of the season injured.

For Right Handed Opposing Pitcher Lineups, I looked at who the opposing pitcher was on a given day late in the 1968 season to find a righty, and did the same for lineups vs Lefty Opposing Pitchers.

I spent hours looking at windups and batting stances from videos on you tube doing my best to get all of the tigers as absolutely authentic as is possible with the choices given in the MLB15 Player Editor.

I made sure that all of the tigers uniform numbers are correct and will stick when you start a postseason or a season with this roster.

There are only two tigers numbers that, no matter WHAT the hell you do simply won't translate to post season or season:

a.) Earl Wilson #16...He defaults to #19. Hal Newhouser's number 16 was retired and the game will not let you use it
b.) Bill Freehan #11...He defaults to #12.

I went through every single "Joe Random" player in AAA, AA, and A ball and gave them all numbers above Daryl Patterson's #43 to try and force the game to use 11 and 16 for Freehan and Wilson, but it still didn't work.
That's ok, I have gained acceptance of Freehan NOT being 11, but it wan't easy.
I just do my best to ignore it, but it's hard.

I gave all of the teams 4 pitcher Rotations by taking the 5th starter and putting him in the bullpen to make the roster "playoff ready".

To build a good Postseason Playoff Tree, go here:
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/#19680929

Take the top five teams from the AL and the NL from that year, and build a post season, giving the pennant winners (DET in the AL and STL in the NL) the bye.

The Roster in the Vault is called:
68 Tigers from 67
Type:
HISTORIC
Owner
Crash_Spielman
Date Created:
04/16/15

All hail Hoozier Daddy and Stecropper for the fantastic player models and ratings. I DID however edit some of the player models on the Tigers to get them even closer...Wait till you see Willy Horton!...ha.
Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sock It To Me!!! 1968 tigers in the vault!!!!

I'm on my way to the vault now!!! I am from Michigan and a HUGE Tiger fan as well. That's why the first roster I made was '84 (Bless You Boys!!) I was 7 years old in '68 and LOVED the Tigers. Cant wait to see this one. Thanks SM27!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »