Home

Workaround for Locked Cleat edits

This is a discussion on Workaround for Locked Cleat edits within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Workaround for Locked Cleat edits

Not sure if this has already ben posted or discussed, but I came across a way to edit the cleats for players that are on teams that have shoe editing locked (ie: Dodgers, Cardinals, Royals, Phillies).

If you take a player (ie: Jimmy Rollins) and demote him to the minors, you can go and edit all categories for their cleats that were previously locked on the Majors roster.

After making the desired changes, save and simply add the player back to the roster and the changes will remain.

So far I've updated several Dodgers players and a few Cardinals and Cubs. For someone that is a stickler for equipment edits, stances and the like, it definitely makes a big difference.

Putting the Trout cleats with the right colors on Rollins, Kendrick and Crawford looks so much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 11:43 PM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Workaround for Locked Cleat edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikiboy
Not sure if this has already ben posted or discussed, but I came across a way to edit the cleats for players that are on teams that have shoe editing locked (ie: Dodgers, Cardinals, Royals, Phillies).

If you take a player (ie: Jimmy Rollins) and demote him to the minors, you can go and edit all categories for their cleats that were previously locked on the Majors roster.

After making the desired changes, save and simply add the player back to the roster and the changes will remain.
So far I've updated several Dodgers players and a few Cardinals and Cubs. For someone that is a stickler for equipment edits, stances and the like, it definitely makes a big difference.

Putting the Trout cleats with the right colors on Rollins, Kendrick and Crawford looks so much better.
This workaround was found about 2 weeks ago by Cujomatty and myself.. Thanks for sharing though.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Did this for my A's franchise also. Just remember if your making an in-season trade to edit the player before you trade for him.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:53 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 27

I forgot to edit cleats for the Phillies before starting my franchise. If I want to send Hamels to AAA for example, he is out of options and needs to clear waivers. I will have to test sim this and make sure he doesn't get claimed. Also should do it right after a start so he can come up before his next one.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #5
LETS GO METS!!!

Sheamazin's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I forgot to edit cleats for the Phillies before starting my franchise. If I want to send Hamels to AAA for example, he is out of options and needs to clear waivers. I will have to test sim this and make sure he doesn't get claimed. Also should do it right after a start so he can come up before his next one.
If your controlling all 30 teams I believe you can go into CPU control roster and move him there and doesn't affect his options.
NCAAF: Rutgers Scarlet Knights/Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB: Michigan Wolverines
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
If your controlling all 30 teams I believe you can go into CPU control roster and move him there and doesn't affect his options.
I decided not to run with 30 team control this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »