Home

WILLARD's 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER (formally Hybrid). ETA - in the works

This is a discussion on WILLARD's 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER (formally Hybrid). ETA - in the works within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2015, 12:02 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WILLARD's 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER (formally Hybrid). ETA - in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76

Audio names will be fixed, I created Burns myself, can't believe I missed that.

Contracts are still something that needs looking at.

Ok great, definitely looking forward to this. Thanks for the quick response!
Old 04-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #34
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Maybe the best resolution will be what I used to do with multi versions - 1 with pitch edits, 1 without. If we can get yourself and a couple others to help enter them in, I am very open to the idea

It will be an OD set in V1

Audio names will be fixed, I created Burns myself, can't believe I missed that.

Contracts are still something that needs looking at.

Me too
I'd recommend asking tabarnes19 about the contracts. As is known using real life values ruins the teams budgets and free agency. tabarnes took Millineum's 40 man roster and updated the length of contracts to be more accurate. He is probably the most knowledgeable about franchise mode I'd definitely like to have his edits to this roster. Also +1 for a version with pitch edits!

EDIT: Also I skimmed through but didn't see, is this going to be a 25 man or 40 man roster? There are lots of options for ways to create rosters, I hope there aren't too many fragmented versions.

I don't get why anyone would be against the main version of the roster having pitch edits, all they do is enhance the gameplay. I know the pitch break was improved in the base game but having accurate pitch repertoires and pitch speeds is vital and the best of that always comes from the community. But that is my opinion of course.

Last edited by BrianU; 04-20-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:14 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I'd recommend asking tabarnes19 about the contracts. As is known using real life values ruins the teams budgets and free agency. tabarnes took Millineum's 40 man roster and updated the length of contracts to be more accurate. He is probably the most knowledgeable about franchise mode I'd definitely like to have his edits to this roster. Also +1 for a version with pitch edits!

EDIT: Also I skimmed through but didn't see, is this going to be a 25 man or 40 man roster? There are lots of options for ways to create rosters, I hope there aren't too many fragmented versions.

I don't get why anyone would be against the main version of the roster having pitch edits, all they do is enhance the gameplay. I know the pitch break was improved in the base game but having accurate pitch repertoires and pitch speeds is vital and the best of that always comes from the community. But that is my opinion of course.
I input pitch edits last year. I think I was able to do 2 teams an hour. If we can get a team of 3-5 guys going on the pitch edits, they can be pumped out in less than three days. We would just copy Seanjeezy's edits into our own Excel sheet, and as we go we just highlight the ones we have done. As for the roster, we pass it back and forth and there is the potential to have one of us working on it about 8-10 hours a day (maybe like, 1-2 hour shifts) and its out like that.

Last year, we had I think 4 guys doing it, and one dude pulled an all nighter and we finished in in a day and a half. So the team stuff is very effective.

New York Yankees/New York Giants/New York Knicks

Last edited by cultbuscus; 04-20-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: moar information
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #36
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

I'd also be willing to help input pitch edits as it seems like they'll be one of the keys to enjoying this year's franchise mode long-term.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #37
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

To expand on the April 20th update question, you are using the update to export OSFM onto and do your re-rates on correct? I know you mentioned concerns over the last update having missing players and the hope some secondary position fixes were added. Love that it will still be an OD set btw...
Old 04-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #38
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
To expand on the April 20th update question, you are using the update to export OSFM onto and do your re-rates on correct? I know you mentioned concerns over the last update having missing players and the hope some secondary position fixes were added. Love that it will still be an OD set btw...

I haven't seen the update yet but that is the plan

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 04-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #39
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

I could input pitch edits for some teams. The teams I'm most familiar with are the Cubs, white sox, Indians, Tigers and reds so you can sign me up for at least those 5. After attempting to play the Cubs/pirates game on the show live today I remembered how vital the edits are as scea has Jake arrieta's repertoire completely screwed up. No sinker and a cutter instead of his filthy slider.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #40
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Oh, one last thing I wanna add, and I think seanjeezy is in agreement with me on this is that the running fastballs will be cut back alot this year now that 4-seamers actually move properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »