Home

MLB on FOX: 2015 Opening Day Rosters

This is a discussion on MLB on FOX: 2015 Opening Day Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB on FOX: 2015 Opening Day Rosters

Isn't there a group on the forums already days away from a complete roster overhaul?? Faces, Contracts, Rosters, Pitch Edits, Stance and Gear.... Why or how will this one be any different that we might want to wait even longer?

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Old 05-30-2015, 06:55 PM   #18
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
This roster sounds great, as I was planning on backdating Ridin's V2 of the OSFM, once 55 got WTNY's pitch edits in. Since this is going to be a Opening Day roster, Im seriously considering waiting for it, just so I don't have to do all that backdating, as that's a real pain to do,lol.

I do have a question since you are rerating all players and it sounds like your using the Hybrid roster ratings? I did use that roster and sim stat wise it cant be beat, but a couple things I never liked was how they did players speed, as slow guy like Yadia Molina would be rated way to high on speed, and the other issue I had was LH/RH splits in several cases I felt was too close together, for some guys who hit one pitcher handedness a lot better than they did the other. Other than those things, I felt that roster was amazing.

Its definitely giving me something to think about now, although not sure I want to wait that long before I start my chise, but Im definitely not looking forward to doing all the backdating and setting of lineups and rotations.

1 other question, are you going to take out legends and add in more real life players into the FA pool, like Ridin did for V2? IMO this was huge what he did, and I loved it, as the Legends took up FA pool space, so by doing what Ridin did, we now have a lot more players in FA like International prospects and even some of the highly rated player that will be in the 15 draft.

Whether I end up using these or not, they sound like they will be great rosters, and there is nothing wrong with having more to choose from. I envy all you guys that make or help make rosters, as I do not have near enough patience or the desire to make rosters, but as great as MLBTS is each yr, if it wasn't for the OSFM rosters each yr, I wouldn't get as much use out of this game, as having real MILB players really does make the game, along with pitch edits with as bad as SCEA does at them.
I first want to thank you for stopping by and checking this thread out. On the re-rates every player pretty much was reworked and doesn't have same same ratings they had originally on the hybrid v3 rosters last year. WTNY hybrid rating chart and numbers were updated during the off season and spring training. I believe teeds and willard also helped imputing the ratings for that chart so credit to those guys.

As far as Yadier Molina he did get ratings changes as his speed will be 41. I will also be removing the LEGENDS as to me as well was a waste of roster space. Also for the splits what WTNY has came up with this year is outstanding and again most if not all players have been reworked with all new ratings since the hybrid v3 last year. We imputed all the new ratings from this years chart.

I hope this answer your concerns. These will be opening day rosters and all the backdate will be done for you if you choose to wait and use these.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #19
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
Isn't there a group on the forums already days away from a complete roster overhaul?? Faces, Contracts, Rosters, Pitch Edits, Stance and Gear.... Why or how will this one be any different that we might want to wait even longer?
The guys who worked with willard did an outstanding job as always and not to say anything bad about them guys or even OSFM who all contribute to that project, but what can you expect to be different is mainly the created players faces to me and just my own opinion or just more detailed. Yes this set will be a lot like what they already done but just me and and a good friend work on this file of ours so I know exact whats been changed, edited and touched. When you have a large group working on a project to to help get it out faster sometimes things can be over looked and players over rated etc. I am not saying anything is wrong with how they did there's but I simply just like to know whats all been changed.

I can promise you not 1 player was passed up or over looked every single player was rated based of the new hybrid rating chart, every pitcher will have pitch edits. One of the things that makes this set different also is every year around opening day I always copy the active 25 man roster, the 40 man roster, triple A, Double A and single A for every MLB team. Then when making these rosters every player thats included on a roster of any of those teams and affiliates teams will be on the rosters. I dont care if there a career minor league player I dont keep a player off just to make room for a draftee or some other young player. If they are on the roster that I save at that time they will be on there team.

These rosters will have every player exactly on every team that I have saved on opening day for every MLB team and there affiliate teams from AAA-AA. I use Single A for injured guys and some prospects that are not on the previous levels. If there is room in free agency I will include unsigned free agents and maybe a few international players. Any players not listed on any of the teams (including all minor league teams) I saved once this is completed will be put into free agency.

Final Note* the created faces in my personal opinion are more detailed than in other roster projects like OSFM etc. Nothing taken away from guys who took the time to make the faces this year. I started doing this project last year and did a lot of hideous work on faces and things then that helps with this years rosters. I am still reworking the faces on 14 currently that will be transferred onto 15 when I start placing the players on the correct teams.

This is taking me a long time to do but I love the outcome of how much better the faces look after putting in my numbers. This project is a 2 man show so its taking us longer but these are being made so we can build upon this with year to year saves and make work for the future less to do.

Last edited by Houston; 05-30-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #20
MVP

Houston's Arena

Will use this later.

Last edited by Houston; 06-01-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:46 AM   #21
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
The guys who worked with willard did an outstanding job as always and not to say anything bad about them guys or even OSFM who all contribute to that project, but what can you expect to be different is mainly the created players faces to me and just my own opinion or just more detailed. Yes this set will be a lot like what they already done but just me and and a good friend work on this file of ours so I know exact whats been changed, edited and touched. When you have a large group working on a project to to help get it out faster sometimes things can be over looked and players over rated etc. I am not saying anything is wrong with how they did there's but I simply just like to know whats all been changed.

I can promise you not 1 player was passed up or over looked every single player was rated based of the new hybrid rating chart, every pitcher will have pitch edits. One of the things that makes this set different also is every year around opening day I always copy the active 25 man roster, the 40 man roster, triple A, Double A and single A for every MLB team. Then when making these rosters every player thats included on a roster of any of those teams and affiliates teams will be on the rosters. I dont care if there a career minor league player I dont keep a player off just to make room for a draftee or some other young player. If they are on the roster that I save at that time they will be on there team.

These rosters will have every player exactly on every team that I have saved on opening day for every MLB team and there affiliate teams from AAA-AA. I use Single A for injured guys and some prospects that are not on the previous levels. If there is room in free agency I will include unsigned free agents and maybe a few international players. Any players not listed on any of the teams (including all minor league teams) I saved once this is completed will be put into free agency.

Final Note* the created faces in my personal opinion are more detailed than in other roster projects like OSFM etc. Nothing taken away from guys who took the time to make the faces this year. I started doing this project last year and did a lot of hideous work on faces and things then that helps with this years rosters. I am still reworking the faces on 14 currently that will be transferred onto 15 when I start placing the players on the correct teams.

This is taking me a long time to do but I love the outcome of how much better the faces look after putting in my numbers. This project is a 2 man show so its taking us longer but these are being made so we can build upon this with year to year saves and make work for the future less to do.

Looking forward to checking your roster out. The more I think about it the more I like your idea of the MILB teams being accurate to the start of the season. Its a shame SCEA don't atleast give us more slots for players in A ball since its not playable. I would love to see al MILB teams in an playable but if that's not possible for them to do, hopefully they will bump up the slits in A ball, so you can have AAA and AA accurate rosters, and then have A ball to put in prospects that have not reach AA or AAA.

Curious as to when you think your roster will be done? That's a heck of a lot of editing for only 2 guys to do, but I can see where there is less of a chance of making mistakes when there is only a couple guys working on it.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 02:08 AM   #22
MVP

Houston's Arena

Just an update as I have revised the first page with update status and whats being worked on. We are trying our best to get these done by July 1st. Please keep in mind that is and always has been just 2 individuals working on this project and very proud what we have accomplished this far with just being just 2 of us.

Currently entering in pitch edits for all real SCEA players. I decide not to use WTNY pitch edits and go with a more traditional way we have used for about 3 years now and stick with seanjeezys pitch edits.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:06 AM   #23
MVP

Houston's Arena

I started doing the pitch edits on June 15th and already have the AL done.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #24
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
Just an update as I have revised the first page with update status and whats being worked on. We are trying our best to get these done by July 1st. Please keep in mind that is and always has been just 2 individuals working on this project and very proud what we have accomplished this far with just being just 2 of us.

Currently entering in pitch edits for all real SCEA players. I decide not to use WTNY pitch edits and go with a more traditional way we have used for about 3 years now and stick with seanjeezys pitch edits.

Glad to hear your going with the way seanjeezy did his pitch edits, nothing against WTNY, he did a nice job, I just prefer the way jeezy did his control ratings better.

That's quite a feat with just 2 of you doing this roster, looking forward to checking it out. Its probably going to be the roster I use after all, since your planning on getting rid of the legends and using that extra space for prospects,a nd the fact that you have all MILB teams rosters right as of opening day.

I played some games with Williards ratings and I liked how it played, but he didn't take out legends, and I would like to have them gone and extra prospects you can actually use in your franchise available.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »