Home

Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015

This is a discussion on Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV
Yes, change them all. Whether I change something on the sheet is just a change from seanjeezy's 14 sheet, not what SCEA has in game. The only thing you shouldn't add/change are the pitches with the font struck out.
Gotcha. Once again, thanks dude. I have been inputting the teams I will be playing in the next few series in my Franchise.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:31 AM   #50
Rookie

MrMojoRaisin's Arena

OVR: 0

Someone who probably needs looked at is Shelby Miller. He's all but removed the changeup from his repertoire for 2015. According to Brooks Baseball he's only throwing it 0.43% of the time this year, which is a small enough number that it could just be mis-categorized pitches of other types. He's replaced the changeup with a sinker. Hopefully the sample size for this year is large enough for some concrete ratings to be made for him.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #51
Pro

The amount work put into this is simply amazing! I think, these changes are possibly more important than changing the every day player ratings. I do have one question, though. Is there a downloadable roster from the vault or do we each need to input them manually?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #52
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRaisin
Someone who probably needs looked at is Shelby Miller. He's all but removed the changeup from his repertoire for 2015. According to Brooks Baseball he's only throwing it 0.43% of the time this year, which is a small enough number that it could just be mis-categorized pitches of other types. He's replaced the changeup with a sinker. Hopefully the sample size for this year is large enough for some concrete ratings to be made for him.
If I did a later pass using '15 data it would be out. Luckily removing pitches is trivial so if you wanted to take it out of your chosen roster set it's not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
The amount work put into this is simply amazing! I think, these changes are possibly more important than changing the every day player ratings. I do have one question, though. Is there a downloadable roster from the vault or do we each need to input them manually?
The amount of total work is pretty daunting but breaking it down into manageable chunks has made it workable. There's no roster yet but I know ilstu was thinking about adding them to his and I know individual people have been adding them to their own rosters. Whether they're doing it to an ongoing franchise or an actual set I don't know. When Willard releases his roster we have a skeleton of a plan to put them in there.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 27

Just curious what the reasoning is for having so many pitchers Changeups switched to Circle-Change?
Old 05-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #54
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRaisin
Yeah I spotted this as well. The Braves are one of the teams I finished.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #55
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Just curious what the reasoning is for having so many pitchers Changeups switched to Circle-Change?
The movement on the circle change is more pronounced, the regular changes aren't as impressive, especially in terms of horizontal movement. Also, a lot of those guys actually throw circle changes, the base rosters don't have enough of them in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #56
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas7
Question Only. Great work, first of all. If you use more Circle Changes and the CPU use it motions to the max, much better then the regular Change. Will this have the same effect as it is now? I know you GOT THE ANSWER. GREAT WORK
Not sure what you mean.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »