Home

Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015

This is a discussion on Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV
I don't know about OSFM v1 but I plan on putting them into Willard's roster and going to town.

Finished up the re-edits tonight. Some book keeping stuff left to do on RFBs and forkballs and a whole bunch of guys to create but the real time consuming piece is now done!
Are they already going to be in Willard's roster when released or are you just inputting them yourself after it is released?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #66
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Are they already going to be in Willard's roster when released or are you just inputting them yourself after it is released?
Will be after.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Will be after.
Ok. I saw you said you made some changes to the sheet. Were any of them the Braves, Marlins, Mets or Cardinals? I have already input the edits for those teams. Just seeing if I need to redo anything for them.

Last edited by PhilliesFan13; 05-12-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #68
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

So this on topic but sort of a sideways issue. I'm into 2021 in my offline franchise and I have been forced to edit pitcher ratings and potential to maintain the integrity as far as A,B.C,D players etc..

so I have been editing changes to the 10-12mph FB-CH spd differential.. any systems/formulas for lack of better terms for movement and control based on WHICH pitch the change is

..example circle/ 2nd over say square/4th so by rights the guy with change as their 2nd pitch has better ratings than the guy with his change as the 4th or 5th best pitch? Obviously they would be better just trying to determine by how much..thoughts?
Old 05-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #69
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Ok. I saw you said you made some changes to the sheet. Were any of them the Braves, Marlins, Mets or Cardinals? I have already input the edits for those teams. Just seeing if I need to redo anything for them.
Just the guys with running fastballs if you did the teams after they turned green on the progress page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
..example circle/ 2nd over say square/4th so by rights the guy with change as their 2nd pitch has better ratings than the guy with his change as the 4th or 5th best pitch? Obviously they would be better just trying to determine by how much..thoughts?
I think there probably should be some small correlation between usage % in real life and command rating in game... ie a guy throws a pitch more often because he knows he can put it where he wants to. But I think making that the only factor would be overly simplistic.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #70
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I think there probably should be some small correlation between usage % in real life and command rating in game... ie a guy throws a pitch more often because he knows he can put it where he wants to. But I think making that the only factor would be overly simplistic.
I Understand what you are saying but I am talking 4 year plus into franchise mode when the crazy pitcher attribute progression kicks in you have lots of guys with bugs bunny type changes as their 3rd, 4th or 5th pitch and the game doesn't give you pitch usage stats. I was just looking for a little guidance or thoughts on how to combat in a way that's too complex..

I was thinking something like 3rd pitch mvmt and control is no higher than say 65, 4th pitch 50, 5th 40 something along those lines and this is just for change ups keep in mind. your thoughts?
Old 05-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #71
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
I Understand what you are saying but I am talking 4 year plus into franchise mode when the crazy pitcher attribute progression kicks in you have lots of guys with bugs bunny type changes as their 3rd, 4th or 5th pitch and the game doesn't give you pitch usage stats. I was just looking for a little guidance or thoughts on how to combat in a way that's too complex..

I was thinking something like 3rd pitch mvmt and control is no higher than say 65, 4th pitch 50, 5th 40 something along those lines and this is just for change ups keep in mind. your thoughts?
Gotcha. Something simple like 1st/2nd pitch max = OVR, 3rd/4th pitch max = OVR-30, 5th/6th pitch = OVR-45 might suffice for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 05:04 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 55

If we don't hear back from seanjeezy soon, I will volunteer to input the edits into OSFM v2 since the TC is concentrating on the Willard/hybrid roster. I have a ton of time off work coming up so I could probably hammer them out in a matter of a few days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »