Home

Pitch Edit Roster - Any1 want to assist?

This is a discussion on Pitch Edit Roster - Any1 want to assist? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pitch Edit Roster - Any1 want to assist?

Alright Folks.

I have taken the BASE OSFM ROSTER (All credit goes to the many MANY who worked on that file) and cut every team to 25m. It is semi fantasy I guess, as I have placed every player from every organization into the team I feel they belong ... You will see Kris Bryant and others who I THINK are worthy of MLB status on the big league clubs.... I have also edited ALL lineups for all teams, so it is not going to match RL lineups in most cases... Again, all my opinion!

All of my roster moves are strictly MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION... Change what you don't like if you choose to use, but don't come on here telling me I am out of line for this move or that ... I will ignore you!

That said, I want to complete this roster set by adding in pitch edits from this spreadsheet ...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=811071569
(Props to Quest for posting and doing the work)
I am only placing in edits for SCEA players .... Any player made from scratch I am leaving as is!!!

I am currently 3 teams in (Braves, Nats, Marlins) .... If any1 wants to help by placing in the edits for other teams, I will gladly import them .... PM ME if interested in helping... Would make this process much faster, as I am currently taking care of a new-born, so my time is sometimes abruptly taken away.....

I usually do this roster for my own enjoyment (to prevent haters), but I am itching to be done and begin playing!!!

Thanks OS Community!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pitch Edit Roster - Any1 want to assist?

PROGRESS:

NL EAST:
Braves
Marlins
Nationals
Phillies
Mets

NL Central:
Cubs
Reds
Brewers
Pirates
Cardinals

NL West:
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Dodgers
Padres
Giants

AL EAST:
Orioles
Red Sox
Yankees
Rays
Blue Jays

AL Central:
White Sox
Indians
Tigers
Royals
Twins

AL West:
Angels
A's
Mariners
Rangers
Astros

Red Teams are complete and in the File

Last edited by braves2011; 05-06-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:10 PM   #3
Rookie

ASGaming6's Arena

OVR: 1

Can I ask what exactly you're trying to do? I might be interested but I'm not sure 1, what I have to do and 2, what the final product will do to the game
Old 05-04-2015, 11:42 PM   #4
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

I can help out but can you explain to me how I put these numbers into the game

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 05-04-2015, 11:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Too many running fastballs. The 4-seamer has movement like it's supposed to have this year. Running fastballs in this year's game are 2-seamers that have less sink on them, which is what they were meant to be all along.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASGaming6
Can I ask what exactly you're trying to do? I might be interested but I'm not sure 1, what I have to do and 2, what the final product will do to the game
Basically, take the pitch edits found in the spreadsheet and plug them into the game for SCEA created players. EX: In the spreadsheet, Alex Sanabia is #1 .. Within the game I would load up the roster file I am using, then edit Sanabia to have the pitches shown in the chart ... along with the correct velocity, control, and movement ... The final product will make it so pitchers you face have more correct arsenal of pitches and speed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
I can help out but can you explain to me how I put these numbers into the game
Relatively easy ... We would need to pass the Roster file back and forth depending on our available time to work ... Then load the game, load the roster, edit said pitchers, save the file with new edits ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Too many running fastballs. The 4-seamer has movement like it's supposed to have this year. Running fastballs in this year's game are 2-seamers that have less sink on them, which is what they were meant to be all along.
This maybe true (I have no idea how all this stuff works), but it doesn't bother me personally. I will admit to not knowing every MLB pitchers arsenal, nor do I have the time (unfortunately) to study it all as some of the great contributors here do .... That being said, as long as they have a fastball with adequate velocity, cntrl, movement as listed in the chart .. I am pretty happy. NO more 20MPH difference changeups, plus correct arsenals ... Plenty good enough for me while others continue their work to make things more accurate... When that happens, we can all go in and update any changes we deem necessary. Viola!

If anyone is interested still, please PM.

Last edited by braves2011; 05-05-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #7
Rookie

Edited the progress (post) to refelct the newly discovered changes found by Quest ... Follow his thread for details...

He is doing YEOMAN'S WORK!!!!

I will progress my edits into my roster along with him. AL will be completed first, starting with the east. Love what I am seeing with Baltimore edits....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »