Home

OSFM v2 w/ Pitch Edits - ETA 5/27

This is a discussion on OSFM v2 w/ Pitch Edits - ETA 5/27 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2015, 01:50 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: OSFM v2 w/ Pitch Edits - ETA 5/27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
I've ran into a bit of a hiccup. When adding a circle change to the repertoire of a pitcher who doesn't already have one, it completely screws up the velocity of all of his other pitches. Luckily, I caught this after only doing two divisions. I will handle this on a case by case basis for the other four divisions left to go, but I am going to have to go back and double check everyone in the NL Central and NL West after I complete everything else. This is going to put us behind at least a day, but this should still be done by the weekend.
I just checked the two teams I finished yesterday on my roster and I am not seeing the same thing you are. All the velocities are the same as they were on the sheet even after adding the circle-change for some pitchers. Don't know why the other pitches are changing velocity for you though. That is strange.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:55 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I just checked the two teams I finished yesterday on my roster and I am not seeing the same thing you are. All the velocities are the same as they were on the sheet even after adding the circle-change for some pitchers. Don't know why the other pitches are changing velocity for you though. That is strange.
Are you just looking at them, or are you actually clicking them to the right (especially on 4 seam fastballs) and seeing if they jump?

They're not changing by 10 MPH or anything, only by 1-3 depending on the pitch. That's not good enough in my eyes.

My goal for today is to get the entire NL finished and double checked. That way, I can take my time with the AL to make sure there isn't an issue.

EDIT- you are also editing a franchise file and not a roster file so that might make a difference.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Are you just looking at them, or are you actually clicking them to the right (especially on 4 seam fastballs) and seeing if they jump?

They're not changing by 10 MPH or anything, only by 1-3 depending on the pitch. That's not good enough in my eyes.

My goal for today is to get the entire NL finished and double checked. That way, I can take my time with the AL to make sure there isn't an issue.

EDIT- you are also editing a franchise file and not a roster file so that might make a difference.
I am checking it out by editing the Nationals now. I am not seeing anything other pitches change velocity when inputting the circle-change. They stay at the numbers I have input.

Just did Drew Storen. Before pitch edits his pitch types in order were Sinker, Slider, 4 Seam FB and Changeup. After pitch edits his pitch types in order are 4 Seam FB, Slurve, 2 Seam FB and Circle-Change.
I watched the screen when I input the Circle-Change an no other pitch velocities changed at all. Still stayed the same as I had input.

Could be the franchise file. I will check it out outside of franchise to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #36
Banned

You're not understanding what I'm saying at all. They don't change right before your eyes, but they definitely do change. I'm never going to explain this correctly by typing it out. I'll start a party once I log back in. Been working offline today.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #37
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah there's a display bug that happens any time you edit the velocity of a pitch. Doing so changes the velocity of all other pitches but it doesn't display unless you change the velocity of that pitch. After adding a pitch, put it up to the desired velocity. Then click right one on the velocities of all your other pitches - the display will change by a few MPH and you can set it to what you need.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #38
Banned

I am not seeing this at all. Everything I have input has not changed.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55

Sounds like your doing good work 55, keep it up! Appreciate you doing the edits looking forward to using them. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV
Yeah there's a display bug that happens any time you edit the velocity of a pitch. Doing so changes the velocity of all other pitches but it doesn't display unless you change the velocity of that pitch. After adding a pitch, put it up to the desired velocity. Then click right one on the velocities of all your other pitches - the display will change by a few MPH and you can set it to what you need.
Thank you. That was a much more succinct explanation than I could have given. I'm much better with audible words than with text for some reason!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »