Home

Q on Rookies

This is a discussion on Q on Rookies within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

OVR: 0
Q on Rookies

Why are some players, like Noah Syndergaard, not officially in the game yet with audio for name, etc.? Some guys seem to be added instantly but others aren't. I'm new to The Show this year and wondering.
Indiana Pacers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Q on Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUThor40
Why are some players, like Noah Syndergaard, not officially in the game yet with audio for name, etc.? Some guys seem to be added instantly but others aren't. I'm new to The Show this year and wondering.

I may be wrong but I believe it is because the developers record all the audio for first and last names before the season actually starts and they don't do every single prospect in the game because 1) they don't have the legal right to include the player's likeness and 2) because that would add a lot more names to the list. They stick to major league guys
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 06-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Also, guys who are not part of the MLBPA wont be added. So keeping with Noah for an example..we wasnt in the game to start because he was still in the minors, thus not part of the MLBPA. Once he officially was called up he was added to the MLBPA and thus could be included in the game. SECA updates their rosters every Monday(and I believe the previous Thursday is the cut off for players to be added..meaning if a team calls a guy up on a Friday, he wont be added to the game the next Monday, but the FOLLOWING Monday he will be).
Old 06-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not necessarily. They have to submit their paperwork, etc.That's why McCullers hasn't been added yet, he hasn't submitted his paperwork to be part of MLBPA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM207
Also, guys who are not part of the MLBPA wont be added. So keeping with Noah for an example..we wasnt in the game to start because he was still in the minors, thus not part of the MLBPA. Once he officially was called up he was added to the MLBPA and thus could be included in the game. SECA updates their rosters every Monday(and I believe the previous Thursday is the cut off for players to be added..meaning if a team calls a guy up on a Friday, he wont be added to the game the next Monday, but the FOLLOWING Monday he will be).
Old 06-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #5
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I meant to add that but the wife got talking to me and distracted me haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »