Home

OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Realism Roster for MLB 15 The Show

Any update on the progress of these rosters?
Old 07-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #50
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizzle062
Any update on the progress of these rosters?
Same as it's been: "near future." Not gonna get caught up in the whole ETA thing, sorry.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Same as it's been: "near future." Not gonna get caught up in the whole ETA thing, sorry.
Yet you posted 10 days ago claiming your roster would be released in the near future....what did you expect? Or did you just need the whole "look at me" satisfaction?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #52
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #53
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The dude abides"
Yet you posted 10 days ago claiming your roster would be released in the near future....what did you expect? Or did you just need the whole "look at me" satisfaction?
First of all, I think you're out of line here. Let me just say that. Let me remind everyone that this is volunteer work that you don't pay for or help with, so anyone being "snippy" about it or feeling "wronged" is kind of funny/sad from my end. There are plenty of other rosters out there in the meantime and just because a few people are getting impatient really doesn't affect me or make me feel like I'm doing something wrong. People bring that anxiety on themselves. Unfortunately then I feel the need to make a post like this.

Secondly, people can interpret the ETA however they like. Maybe 10 days is not "near future" to you...maybe to somebody else it is. Again, there's a reason that I don't like and/or do solid ETA's because: 1. people then get mad when you don't meet their "expectations" (case in point) and 2. the nature of roster editing and working with other people is sometimes unpredictable. If you're counting the days that closely, I'd suggest you find something else to occupy your time.

Third of all, I hope you enjoy the roster when it comes out. It's gonna be a good one.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #54
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
First of all, I think you're out of line here. Let me just say that. Let me remind everyone that this is volunteer work that you don't pay for or help with, so anyone being "snippy" about it or feeling "wronged" is kind of funny/sad from my end. There are plenty of other rosters out there in the meantime and just because a few people are getting impatient really doesn't affect me or make me feel like I'm doing something wrong. People bring that anxiety on themselves. Unfortunately then I feel the need to make a post like this.

Secondly, people can interpret the ETA however they like. Maybe 10 days is not "near future" to you...maybe to somebody else it is. Again, there's a reason that I don't like and/or do solid ETA's because: 1. people then get mad when you don't meet their "expectations" (case in point) and 2. the nature of roster editing and working with other people is sometimes unpredictable. If you're counting the days that closely, I'd suggest you find something else to occupy your time.

Third of all, I hope you enjoy the roster when it comes out. It's gonna be a good one.

I don't think it matters how long ahead of time you post a thread - months or weeks, there is an expectation by a certain group of users who want things yesterday. This is why I do mine as soon as work begins on it, and for the most part ignore or have fun with the when will it be done questions.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 07-15-2015, 10:55 PM   #55
Rookie

callahan24's Arena

Quote:

I agree with you on most of your point's but when your ETA is Future(near future) you do ask for the ETA question after a week or so. For someone like you who hates ETA stuff why not just put ETA in the works or something in that area.

Also if you know the roster is still 2 weeks or how ever long away why make a thread now you know people are gonna start bugging you.

Last thing you always bring up the fact that you don't get paid for this we already know that and on numerous occasions people have offered to give something through paypal for all the hard work and you always say no so not really sure why you always bring that up.

I could care less either way just trying to give some prospective on people who are waiting for them and are clicking refresh every hour guilty lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 12:00 AM   #56
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I don't think it matters how long ahead of time you post a thread - months or weeks, there is an expectation by a certain group of users who want things yesterday. This is why I do mine as soon as work begins on it, and for the most part ignore or have fun with the when will it be done questions.
Everyone has their own way of going about things. I personally just think it's sad that this entitlement behavior is accepted and 'the norm' around here. This is why I slant to the complete opposite of not having a thread at all--though I always enjoy your Monty Python references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callahan24
I agree with you on most of your point's but when your ETA is Future(near future) you do ask for the ETA question after a week or so. For someone like you who hates ETA stuff why not just put ETA in the works or something in that area.

Also if you know the roster is still 2 weeks or how ever long away why make a thread now you know people are gonna start bugging you.

Last thing you always bring up the fact that you don't get paid for this we already know that and on numerous occasions people have offered to give something through paypal for all the hard work and you always say no so not really sure why you always bring that up.

I could care less either way just trying to give some prospective on people who are waiting for them and are clicking refresh every hour guilty lol
1. I disagree. People are projecting what they 'think' "near future" means. I didn't say anything about a day or a week etc...that's been completely invented by other people. The problem is no matter what you give for ETA people will try their hardest to squeeze it out from you. If you say "in the works," then people will ask even more about what that really means. The only real method to avoid this is to not make a thread at all (or you could go all Monty Python like Willard likes to do, lol). I've actually been pretty impressed though because up until today there has only been a single ETA question, and that was even asked respectfully, which is pretty good considering what OS is usually like when it comes to being patient about things.

2. The reason for making a thread at all is to let people know what's coming. I didn't want to make it so far in advance that it's just a 100-page troll thread of ETA questions/responses, but I wanted to stir up a bit of awareness/enthusiasm at the same time. There's always the hope that there will be pertinent questions and intelligent discussion. You can certainly debate on what the "optimal time" is to set up a thread before you release a roster, but, again, my position is that people are making it painful on themselves. They project their own timeline onto things and then get mad when it doesn't line up with what their speculation was. By merely making a roster and saying it's coming in the near future I really haven't said/done anything to provoke anyone. And I haven't promised anything I haven't been able to deliver.

3. First of all, I don't always bring that up. But, here's the disagreement. You can't offer to pay for something that's not for sale. Just offering to pay for something doesn't make ridiculous entitlement behavior and being demanding on people "ok" all of a sudden (to be clear, I am not saying that you are being ridiculous or entitled, but generally speaking). Most people understand that this is done out of enjoyment for the game and wanting to share. It shouldn't even be thought of as goods and services and it's always going to be on the editor's terms, not the peanut gallery's. Few things grind my gears harder than people chiming in on something they literally have no involvement in and acting like they have juice/call the shots. Editing is a hobby that I just happen to share with people. It's not a job. Only some people actually contribute to the community on OS, but everyone is a critic, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »