Home

Old 08-31-2015, 04:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Talking ratings

I understand that the ratings take some time to build up, and seem to also include not just potential but statistical backing for player attributes. That said, some of the lessor like own players/teams (?) Need some minor tweaks with all due respect.

Players like Corey Spangenberg with a 70 grade (on the 20-80 scale scouting) on speed. He's at I believe 63? Low 60's. When other players have shown less that are more hyped prospects immediately have high ratings with little to no playing time?

Yes, I am a biased Padre fan, but I believe the Padres always get slighted for obvious reasons.

Colin Rea, and Travis Jankowski have been added to the roster for sometime, and they're yet to be added. I hope they're on the new update? Jankowski, like Spangenberg, has closer to 80 grade speed. And should have a slap style batting style at the plate.

Colin Rea, touches 95mph, but has a true cut-fastball. Much like Nick Vincent on the game. Two-seam, four-seam FB, sweeping curveball, cutter, and a developing slow change.

Also, I think Tyson Ross has been very underappreciated as well. His slider is one of the best on baseball, and it near u hitting. His swing and miss rate the last two years is among the best in all of MLB, and his groundball ratio due to his tremendous movement on his two seam FB induces an incredible amount of grounder. He also now has a cutter. I can provide a link to his arsenal if you'd value that?

Yangarvis Solarte has more HR's at 3B (11) than Chase Headley does in 60 or so more AB's. They have comparable Avg, and obviously Headley is a superior defender. That said, Solarte is getting snubbed big time. This guy can rake. Matt Kemp's resurgence shout put him where he was on the beginning of the year. As he's having an arguably better year after his atrocious May/June. Since then he's been a better player. Vastly improved, and hit the 1st Padre cycle in history, along with the most go-ahead RBI in MLB.

This maybe the one that gets me the most. Derek Norris is know to be on offensive catcher. However, he's the best in baseball at CCS (catchers caught stealing) over Molina, or anyone else. He has a very strong and accurate arm. And while he hits lefties well, he also has hit righties. The power is there, and admittedly the avg has slumped. But that defense.... and he has the most infield singles on the Padres. He's probably beat out more infield singles than I can ever remember doing in MLB in recent years, if ever. He easily has above avg speed. Brando Maurer (before going on the DL) was unbelievable for a much longer stretch than he slumped. But because he did so closer to the update his ratings didn't improve? Touches 95mph and has more than 3 pitches.

Jedd Gyorko has been hitting since his return from the minors. I understand that major drop in his attributes, but he's hitting at a better clip since his return than his rookie campaign. Power and a higher avg. He's also seen time at SS. I hope that will be added, as he might spend more time there.

As for possible September call ups, Hunter Renfroe has had two seasons in a row at AA-AAA now (combined) where he's put together a 28-22 HR 60 grade+ power (20-80 scale). He has well above avg speed and a cannon in RF prototypical for right. However, he can handle CF due to his athleticism. He was loosely compared to Nike Trout in the draft when the Padres signed him.

Please take a good look at the Padres roster, and if you have any questions,I'd be willing to pass along any info to the MLB players and some of the MLB players themselves to get a thorough report on their arsenal, batting stances, tendencies, etc.

End rant.

Thanks,

@mickeykoke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

Re: ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeykoke
I understand that the ratings take some time to build up, and seem to also include not just potential but statistical backing for player attributes. That said, some of the lessor like own players/teams (?) Need some minor tweaks with all due respect.

Players like Corey Spangenberg with a 70 grade (on the 20-80 scale scouting) on speed. He's at I believe 63? Low 60's. When other players have shown less that are more hyped prospects immediately have high ratings with little to no playing time?

Yes, I am a biased Padre fan, but I believe the Padres always get slighted for obvious reasons.

Colin Rea, and Travis Jankowski have been added to the roster for sometime, and they're yet to be added. I hope they're on the new update? Jankowski, like Spangenberg, has closer to 80 grade speed. And should have a slap style batting style at the plate.

Colin Rea, touches 95mph, but has a true cut-fastball. Much like Nick Vincent on the game. Two-seam, four-seam FB, sweeping curveball, cutter, and a developing slow change.

Also, I think Tyson Ross has been very underappreciated as well. His slider is one of the best on baseball, and it near u hitting. His swing and miss rate the last two years is among the best in all of MLB, and his groundball ratio due to his tremendous movement on his two seam FB induces an incredible amount of grounder. He also now has a cutter. I can provide a link to his arsenal if you'd value that?

Yangarvis Solarte has more HR's at 3B (11) than Chase Headley does in 60 or so more AB's. They have comparable Avg, and obviously Headley is a superior defender. That said, Solarte is getting snubbed big time. This guy can rake. Matt Kemp's resurgence shout put him where he was on the beginning of the year. As he's having an arguably better year after his atrocious May/June. Since then he's been a better player. Vastly improved, and hit the 1st Padre cycle in history, along with the most go-ahead RBI in MLB.

This maybe the one that gets me the most. Derek Norris is know to be on offensive catcher. However, he's the best in baseball at CCS (catchers caught stealing) over Molina, or anyone else. He has a very strong and accurate arm. And while he hits lefties well, he also has hit righties. The power is there, and admittedly the avg has slumped. But that defense.... and he has the most infield singles on the Padres. He's probably beat out more infield singles than I can ever remember doing in MLB in recent years, if ever. He easily has above avg speed. Brando Maurer (before going on the DL) was unbelievable for a much longer stretch than he slumped. But because he did so closer to the update his ratings didn't improve? Touches 95mph and has more than 3 pitches.

Jedd Gyorko has been hitting since his return from the minors. I understand that major drop in his attributes, but he's hitting at a better clip since his return than his rookie campaign. Power and a higher avg. He's also seen time at SS. I hope that will be added, as he might spend more time there.

As for possible September call ups, Hunter Renfroe has had two seasons in a row at AA-AAA now (combined) where he's put together a 28-22 HR 60 grade+ power (20-80 scale). He has well above avg speed and a cannon in RF prototypical for right. However, he can handle CF due to his athleticism. He was loosely compared to Nike Trout in the draft when the Padres signed him.

Please take a good look at the Padres roster, and if you have any questions,I'd be willing to pass along any info to the MLB players and some of the MLB players themselves to get a thorough report on their arsenal, batting stances, tendencies, etc.

End rant.

Thanks,

@mickeykoke

Check my thread about Speed rating edits, Cory Spangenberg is on my list:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-ratings.html

Statcast 90 ft times converted to MLB The Show Ratings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Jros22; 08-31-2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 08-31-2015, 12:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
Check my thread about Speed rating edits, Cory Spangenberg is on my list:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-ratings.html
87 is fair. Probably right where he belongs. Now is that just for a downloaded update? When will the show update those ratings for say, Dynasty and online play?

And my worry about Jankowski and Colin Rea not being added solidifies my cocemres or gripes. Rea has been up for weeks.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeykoke
87 is fair. Probably right where he belongs. Now is that just for a downloaded update? When will the show update those ratings for say, Dynasty and online play?

And my worry about Jankowski and Colin Rea not being added solidifies my cocemres or gripes. Rea has been up for weeks.

Those ratings are recommendations and they will be on a Roster am creating, we don't know if they are going to update the players you posted but at least SCEA has updated some players that are on my list.

Statcast 90 ft times converted to MLB The Show Ratings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Jros22; 08-31-2015 at 12:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »