Home

What to do with expansion Teams Historical Rosters

This is a discussion on What to do with expansion Teams Historical Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What to do with expansion Teams Historical Rosters

I am a Cub and would love to play with the 84 Cubs while I wait on all the current player movements so I can start a 2016 Franchise File. My question is this: In 1984 there were only 26 teams.....what do we do to account for the Rockies, Marlins, DBacks and Rays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
Pro

Re: What to do with expansion Teams Historical Rosters

Still looking and hoping for a response to this question. If I start a Season, say, with the 1984 Cubs.......what happens to the expansion teams? Do they have fake names/rosters?
Old 01-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #3
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Why don't you just start a season and find out....
Old 01-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #4
Pro

I did, but the roster I downloaded appeared to have players on those teams with a 1 rating.......I though there had to be a better way roster makers have don't it, so I decided to ask. I was hoping to get a good answer from someone that has played seasons successfully utilizing historic rosters
Old 01-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

It depends on what the roster creator did with those teams. The set you dl seems to have the players ratings reduced so that they do not show up in any league leader categories, and the teams are usually easy wins for the other teams in league.

Roster guys do that or some may populate the teams with Negro league players...or any players that may have played on the team's first year of existence in the league. It's all up to what the roster creator wants to do.

So it depends on whose roster you downloaded and are playing with. Simple as that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I like to fill those 4 teams with players who retired in previous 2 seasons. Give 'em zero potential & make their attributes at 70% what they would normally be. Oh, & only give those 4 teams a 20 man roster instead of 25.
#44Syracuse
Old 01-16-2016, 10:49 AM   #7
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
I did, but the roster I downloaded appeared to have players on those teams with a 1 rating.......I though there had to be a better way roster makers have don't it, so I decided to ask. I was hoping to get a good answer from someone that has played seasons successfully utilizing historic rosters
Download the fictional roster, which had absolutely no generic or current players on the teams or free agents and then import the 84' Cubbies over the fictional Cub players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »