Home

Operation Sports Full Minors 2016 (RELEASE ANNOUNCED! Sunday at 6 PM ET!)

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Full Minors 2016 (RELEASE ANNOUNCED! Sunday at 6 PM ET!) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2016, 08:58 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 27
re: Operation Sports Full Minors 2016 (No ETA as of 4/6, please don't ask for one)

Looking forward to another great set for sure. Phillies minor leagues should be fantastic in the game this year.

Not looking forward to seeing the "when will it be finished" questions a million times until release. Such is The Show forum this time of year though..

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2016, 09:15 PM   #10
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
re: Operation Sports Full Minors 2016 (No ETA as of 4/6, please don't ask for one)

Back for another year. Will give whatever help I can

Main source of expertise with the Reds but I know quite a lot about prospects around the majors too. Just let me know what is needed of me.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #11
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0

Cannot wait for this set to come out, you guys always do such phenomenal work. Let me know if you need any help! My main area of knowledge is within the ranks of the Red Sox system but I helped Willard get all accurate contracts into his set last year for 100% of the MLB and a good portion of AAA guys where information was available. Willing to help in whatever way needed this year.
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #12
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4

Knight,

What are your thoughts on the importance of a players overall rating?
Should we be overly concerned about their OVR as opposed to defining a players skill in individual ratings?

I'm afraid I'm not explaining this very well...

For instance:
If a AA shortstop is a defensive wizard but a light bat, and you input his ratings this way, his OVR may be higher than the shortstop in AAA or even the MJR.

The CPU seems to look solely at a players OVR, thus you may find a 20 year old shortstop in AAA while the 30 year old shortstop is in AA or even A ball.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #13
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe
Knight,

What are your thoughts on the importance of a players overall rating?
Should we be overly concerned about their OVR as opposed to defining a players skill in individual ratings?

I'm afraid I'm not explaining this very well...

For instance:
If a AA shortstop is a defensive wizard but a light bat, and you input his ratings this way, his OVR may be higher than the shortstop in AAA or even the MJR.

The CPU seems to look solely at a players OVR, thus you may find a 20 year old shortstop in AAA while the 30 year old shortstop is in AA or even A ball.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Not Knight but for me I let the ratings speak for themselves, and I wouldn't intentionally gimp a player's current ability just to hit a certain threshold. Its true that the CPU heavily favors overall but the logic has been improving over the years, and hopefully that continues this year. I think the way overall ratings are calculated was much improved last year, and there seems to be a stronger drop-off in overall if a player is exceptionally poor in one of the major ratings for his position. To put it simply, balance is becoming more important to achieve a significantly higher overall, so a SS with 70's/80's fielding and arm but low 20's contact/power will still have an overall in the mid/low 50's (got a couple of those guys in the M's system). If an AAA or MLB player is in the mid/low 50's then he is definitely being rated off of some poor SS sample size and should be bumped up.

Also, its hard to talk about overall without talking about potential, especially when we start discussing the top prospects, A's and B's, etc. And it gets exceptionally more complicated when discussing ceilings vs floors and the limitations of the current progression system. Patiently waiting for that franchise blog to see how much love franchise gets this year lol
Old 02-01-2016, 01:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Checking in to say that I can handle the Royals again.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #15
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Back for the White Sox as usual.

May I offer a suggestion since it is still fairly early? One of the biggest flaws with last years OSFM in my opinion was player's service time and career stats. We were finally given the ability to carry over rosters - lets use that to it's full potential. With that said, we are now 2 games deep with exporting ability... Can we please make sure that players who removed from MLB 15 & 16 but included in the set have their accurate career stats and service times? This is easily accomplished by exporting the replacement player from a cloud saved franchise into the set.

I know it's an absolute PITA to re-create the faces but if we are striving for accuracy this only makes sense. Maybe a few of us can volunteer with helping identify and exporting players into the vault for everyone to use? I would gladly help, but this is not something one person can get done by themselves.

Transferring faces is easily accomplished with pictures of each screen. I did this with both Matt Davidson and Rob Brantly. When Brantly was called up, I didn't even have to worry about importing over the OSFM version because his stats and service time were already 100% accurate.

Accurate service time is also not that hard to accomplish for players removed 3-4 years back. Just more tedious and time consuming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #16
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Guys....for those who are working on teams....please P.M. both Willard76 and RidinDwnKingsley.

The 2016 roster has been being worked on for a while now(in 2015 MLBTS obviously) off of your work from last year.

If you guys touch base....and tell them what you guys want to work on ....and they will tell you what they have...it will go a lot smoother and less duplicate work.

Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »