Home

OSFM 2016: New York Yankees

This is a discussion on OSFM 2016: New York Yankees within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #17
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: OSFM 2016: New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice27
Mike Axisa's top 30 prospects for the Yanks, just FYI

http://riveraveblues.com/2016/02/201...spects-132446/
Ha, just finished reading that actually. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #18
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Ha, just finished reading that actually. Thanks.
Yeah, this is how I usually decide who I want on my roster pre-Franchise mode. I do the 40-Man, all of the Triple-A guys, and then whoever ends up on the Top 30 list and then maybe some guys I'm high on. Glad to see Hoy Jun Park made his list this year, because I had to make him last year and I'm terrible at creating asian faces for some reason.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #19
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Possible other Yankees to create/carry over to 2016:

SP Ty Hensley
SP Domingo German
SP Austin DeCarr
SP Gabe Encinas
SP Joey Maher
SP Chaz Hebert
SP Jonathan Holder
SP Jordan Foley
SP Daniel Camarena
RP Giovanny Gallegos
RP Tyler Jones
IF Gosuke Katoh
IF Thairo Estrada
IF Donny Sands
IF Chris Gittens
IF Kyle Holder
OF Frank Frias
OF Leonardo Molina
OF Jhalan Jackson
OF Kendall Coleman
OF Carlos Vidal

Obviously a lot of depth at SP, most of the IF/OF are guys who are quite far away.
Out of that list, Jhalan Jackson was ranked 15th by Baseball America, I believe. Just a snippet from the site:

Quote:
"Breakout Candidate: The Yankees were very pleased with Jhalan Jackson’s pro debut in the short-season New York-Penn League, showing profile right field tools. He’ll have to show a bit more plate discipline for his raw power to shine through in 2016, but he has the present strength to produce in his first full pro season."
They also identified Donny Sands as a sleeper (not ranked though), while Austin DeCarr was ranked in the lower tier of that same Top 30.

Mike Axisa really likes Leonardo Molina and has for a few years now, but with a bunch of OFs ahead of him it might be difficult to get him in, I would think.

Last edited by jkra0512; 02-15-2016 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added some supporting information on Jackson
Old 02-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #20
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Out of that list, Jhalan Jackson was ranked 15th by Baseball America, I believe. Just a snippet from the site:

They also identified Donny Sands as a sleeper (not ranked though), while Austin DeCarr was ranked in the lower tier of that same Top 30.

Mike Axisa really likes Leonardo Molina and has for a few years now, but with a bunch of OFs ahead of him it might be difficult to get him in, I would think.
It's always a struggle to know how you want to keep some of these younger guys in the game. I really wish they'd make a 25-Man High-A team and a 15-Man Low-A team to get all of these guys into the games because all those extra players are nice to have since so many guys don't pan out.

I've already started making up my list of how I'll be adjusting OSFM for my own personal needs, knowing someone people prefer different things. I know that I'll be using some version of the following to keep all of the guys I want, knowing that not everyone does it this way. Some people will prefer to keep some of these guys I'll have at Double-A at Single-A, but I like to play a few games with some of those guys and end up letting them repeat Double-A even if they're ready to move up to the next level in 2017.

MLB

C - McCann
1B - Teixeira
2B - Castro
3B - Headley
SS - Gregorius
LF - Gardner
CF - Ellsbury
RF - Beltran
DH - Rodriguez

C - Sanchez
INF - Refsnyder
INF - Ackley
OF - Hicks

SP - Tanaka
SP - Severino
SP - Pineda
SP - Eovaldi
SP - Sabathia

CL - Chapman
SU - Betances
SU - Miller
MRP - Pinder
MRP - Shreve
MRP - Nova
MRP - Lindgren

AAA (Starters determined by wanting some guys to get everyday at-bats)

C - Corporan
1B - Austin (I know what Cashman says, but what better option do they have?)
2B - Torreyes
3B - Diaz
SS - Kozma
LF - Gamel
CF - Williams
RF - Judge
DH - Heathcott

C - Romine
INF - Romero
INF - Solano
OF - Adams

SP - Cessa
SP - Green
SP - Lail
SP - Mitchell
SP - Swarzak

RP - Pazos
RP - Goody
RP - Barbato
RP - Yates
RP - Pestano
RP - Rumbelow
RP - Moreno

AA (This is usually where it gets changed up because I want to be able to play games with certain players, and put top prospects as full-time guys.)

C - Torrens
1B - Wilkerman Garcia (Doesn't play 1B, will change that so he gets at-bats.)
2B - Avelino
3B - Andujar
SS - Mateo
LF - Fowler
CF - Molina
RF - Amburgey
DH - DeLeon

C - Hiashioka
INF - Dermis Garcia
INF - Park
OF - Puello

SP - Kapriellian
SP - Clarkin
SP - Finley
SP - Delano
SP - Acevedo

RP - Adams
RP - Cloyd
RP - Bleir
RP - Olson
RP - Webb
RP - Jordan Montgomery
RP - Decarr

A (Basically the guys that are fillers or top prospects or injured players.)

C - Valle
C - Rodriguez
C - Nessy
1B - Bird
SS - Estrada
SS - Holder
OF - Vidal
OF - Jackson
SP - Campos
SP - German

That would leave five spots left over, but that's where I'm personally at right now with my own post-OSFM adjustments that I have planned. I will be adjusting it, but thought I'd post it since I too often struggle with the different between having the exact levels and also wanting top prospects and interesting prospects.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #21
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu12
It's always a struggle to know how you want to keep some of these younger guys in the game. I really wish they'd make a 25-Man High-A team and a 15-Man Low-A team to get all of these guys into the games because all those extra players are nice to have since so many guys don't pan out.

I've already started making up my list of how I'll be adjusting OSFM for my own personal needs, knowing someone people prefer different things. I know that I'll be using some version of the following to keep all of the guys I want, knowing that not everyone does it this way. Some people will prefer to keep some of these guys I'll have at Double-A at Single-A, but I like to play a few games with some of those guys and end up letting them repeat Double-A even if they're ready to move up to the next level in 2017.

MLB

C - McCann
1B - Teixeira
2B - Castro
3B - Headley
SS - Gregorius
LF - Gardner
CF - Ellsbury
RF - Beltran
DH - Rodriguez

C - Sanchez
INF - Refsnyder
INF - Ackley
OF - Hicks

SP - Tanaka
SP - Severino
SP - Pineda
SP - Eovaldi
SP - Sabathia

CL - Chapman
SU - Betances
SU - Miller
MRP - Pinder
MRP - Shreve
MRP - Nova
MRP - Lindgren

AAA (Starters determined by wanting some guys to get everyday at-bats)

C - Corporan
1B - Austin (I know what Cashman says, but what better option do they have?)
2B - Torreyes
3B - Diaz
SS - Kozma
LF - Gamel
CF - Williams
RF - Judge
DH - Heathcott

C - Romine
INF - Romero
INF - Solano
OF - Adams

SP - Cessa
SP - Green
SP - Lail
SP - Mitchell
SP - Swarzak

RP - Pazos
RP - Goody
RP - Barbato
RP - Yates
RP - Pestano
RP - Rumbelow
RP - Moreno

AA (This is usually where it gets changed up because I want to be able to play games with certain players, and put top prospects as full-time guys.)

C - Torrens
1B - Wilkerman Garcia (Doesn't play 1B, will change that so he gets at-bats.)
2B - Avelino
3B - Andujar
SS - Mateo
LF - Fowler
CF - Molina
RF - Amburgey
DH - DeLeon

C - Hiashioka
INF - Dermis Garcia
INF - Park
OF - Puello

SP - Kapriellian
SP - Clarkin
SP - Finley
SP - Delano
SP - Acevedo

RP - Adams
RP - Cloyd
RP - Bleir
RP - Olson
RP - Webb
RP - Jordan Montgomery
RP - Decarr

A (Basically the guys that are fillers or top prospects or injured players.)

C - Valle
C - Rodriguez
C - Nessy
1B - Bird
SS - Estrada
SS - Holder
OF - Vidal
OF - Jackson
SP - Campos
SP - German

That would leave five spots left over, but that's where I'm personally at right now with my own post-OSFM adjustments that I have planned. I will be adjusting it, but thought I'd post it since I too often struggle with the different between having the exact levels and also wanting top prospects and interesting prospects.
That's a good start for sure. What is your thought process with leaving Campos in A ball over, say, Delano in AA? One of my few changes would be to put Campos and Adams into the AA rotation and move Delano and Finley out.

I, too, like to get my prospects some regular ABs even if they doesn't match up with RL. Your AA lineup is prospect heaven, haha!! If that what was given to me, I would move Dermis Garcia down and wait for Mateo/Andujar to graduate before moving him back up, and even then you have Wilkerman Garcia to contend with.

I love these types of discussions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #22
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
That's a good start for sure. What is your thought process with leaving Campos in A ball over, say, Delano in AA? One of my few changes would be to put Campos and Adams into the AA rotation and move Delano and Finley out.

I, too, like to get my prospects some regular ABs even if they doesn't match up with RL. Your AA lineup is prospect heaven, haha!! If that what was given to me, I would move Dermis Garcia down and wait for Mateo/Andujar to graduate before moving him back up, and even then you have Wilkerman Garcia to contend with.

I love these types of discussions
Honestly, it has to do more with me not being very high on Campos and thinking that he's probably a DFA candidate in the very near future while also thinking Degano could be one of the breakout guys in 2016. Campos has been hurt so much that if he wasn't on the 40-Man, he might not make the cut to make it into the game for me. If they put him into the bullpen full-time, that might change.

I could move the Double-A bench around quite a bit. Sometimes what I like to do is if there is an obvious natural platoon split, I'll do something with that to get everyone in the lineup. I also like to go through the MILB rosters a little closer to Opening Day and then add a few guys I think might jump to Triple-A from Double-A when certain guys are promoted (this was more last year when I thought Bird, Judge, Severino, Sanchez, etc. might get promoted. This year the obvious Triple-A promotions are outfielders and relievers and the Double-A roster can compliment that reasonably well as is.). That could knock some prospects down to Single-A as I'll want to fill out the whole 90-Man roster.

Some old favorites might jump in like Michael O'Neill, Dante Bichette, Jaron Long, Cito Culver, Jonathan Holder, Mark Montgomery, and Gosuke Katoh, though most of those guys will never get to the big leagues.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:53 PM   #23
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Yankees sign Chris Parmalee
Old 02-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #24
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Yankees sign Chris Parmalee
Thanks, saw that this morning when I woke up. First post is now changed to reflect this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »