Home

Uploading/Exporting players and 2016

This is a discussion on Uploading/Exporting players and 2016 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4

This has been my first full year on PS4 with The Show. Loved it. It's also been my first year to get kind of involved in tweaking players and rosters. I used OSFM last year and it was great. So excited to know it's being done again. Kudos!!

Okay... here's my question and my confusion. When I work on a player and then export/upload him in 2015 will that player be available for the 2016 game?

I noticed in the OSFM thread where somehow the guys doing OSFM are doing this work on the roster set in 2015 and then porting it over to 2016. Is that correct? If so, if I work on a player, for example to get him just right, and upload him in 2015 will it all be for naught because he can't be used in 2016?
Maybe OSFM has some special dispensation to do this but am wondering if it's a waste of time doing any personal work on a player or roster thinking I might be able to use it in 2016? (Hope that makes sense)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbraves
This has been my first full year on PS4 with The Show. Loved it. It's also been my first year to get kind of involved in tweaking players and rosters. I used OSFM last year and it was great. So excited to know it's being done again. Kudos!!

Okay... here's my question and my confusion. When I work on a player and then export/upload him in 2015 will that player be available for the 2016 game?

I noticed in the OSFM thread where somehow the guys doing OSFM are doing this work on the roster set in 2015 and then porting it over to 2016. Is that correct? If so, if I work on a player, for example to get him just right, and upload him in 2015 will it all be for naught because he can't be used in 2016?

Maybe OSFM has some special dispensation to do this but am wondering if it's a waste of time doing any personal work on a player or roster thinking I might be able to use it in 2016? (Hope that makes sense)

We have a cheat in 15 in which you create an MLB 14 franchise with CPU roster control ON and in MLB 15 you could save all the created players in the franchise on your hard drive so you could export/import them to a roster, we are hoping that SCEA keeps that for MLB 16 and players or rosters in the VAULT doesn't transfer from year to year, the year to year saves are just for franchises.

MLB 15 The Show
Roster Name: JRFM 2016 3.0
User: Jros22

NBA 2K16
Roster Name: National Teams/FIBA

Statcast 90 ft times converted to MLB The Show Ratings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 02-05-2016, 11:45 AM   #3
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Re: Uploading/Exporting players and 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
We have a cheat in 15 in which you create an MLB 14 franchise with CPU roster control ON and in MLB 15 you could save all the created players in the franchise on your hard drive so you could export/import them to a roster, we are hoping that SCEA keeps that for MLB 16 and players or rosters in the VAULT doesn't transfer from year to year, the year to year saves are just for franchises.

MLB 15 The Show

NBA 2K16
Thanks JROS22... forgive me for being slow... but for my clarification.
1. Any players uploaded to vault in 15 WILL NOT be available in 16. (Totally different vaults right?)
2. To do this the first step is to take the roster I've worked on and start an MLB 15 franchise with CPU control on.
3. If I do #2 and IF SCEA allows this as it did last year, the players (not the roster) in the Franchise that I've tweaked to my liking and exported will be able to be imported into 2016?
4. -or- Are you saying that you can export the entire player pool from your Franchise (I was under the impression your created or exported players were limited) to your hard drive because the Franchise roster is now available is on the hard drive because of the CPU Control on "catch"?
5. If I've understood this anywhere close to right, is there some special way to make sure your players are on the hard drive? Are all/any exported players available under your PS4 settings in your settings/hard drive?

Sorry if my "newbie" is showing but I'm really interested in how this could work. Why? Because I'm a process guy and love this kind of stuff. (nerd, I know) but also because I'd like to take any work I've done on my own created and saved players and use them again not just lose them. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbraves
Thanks JROS22... forgive me for being slow... but for my clarification.

1. Any players uploaded to vault in 15 WILL NOT be available in 16. (Totally different vaults right?)

2. To do this the first step is to take the roster I've worked on and start an MLB 15 franchise with CPU control on.

3. If I do #2 and IF SCEA allows this as it did last year, the players (not the roster) in the Franchise that I've tweaked to my liking and exported will be able to be imported into 2016?

4. -or- Are you saying that you can export the entire player pool from your Franchise (I was under the impression your created or exported players were limited) to your hard drive because the Franchise roster is now available is on the hard drive because of the CPU Control on "catch"?

5. If I've understood this anywhere close to right, is there some special way to make sure your players are on the hard drive? Are all/any exported players available under your PS4 settings in your settings/hard drive?

Sorry if my "newbie" is showing but I'm really interested in how this could work. Why? Because I'm a process guy and love this kind of stuff. (nerd, I know) but also because I'd like to take any work I've done on my own created and saved players and use them again not just lose them. Thanks.

Exactly how you wrote it in 1, 2 and 3

MLB 15 The Show

NBA 2K16

Old 02-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #5
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Quote:

MLB 15 The Show

NBA 2K16
Thanks so much Jros22!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

Quote:

MLB 15 The Show

NBA 2K16
Ok, I'm a newbie at this as well. So if we start a franchise in '15, we can then take the rosters from '15 and use them in '16?

Or we can just use the Franchise file?

Would we be able to port in '16 SCEA players into that roster file?
Indiana Pacers
Old 02-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUThor40
Ok, I'm a newbie at this as well. So if we start a franchise in '15, we can then take the rosters from '15 and use them in '16?

Or we can just use the Franchise file?

Would we be able to port in '16 SCEA players into that roster file?

Just the franchise file, The Show doesn't have year to year roster but if it's like MLB 15 you could export the created players from that file to a roster offline.

MLB 15 The Show

NBA 2K16

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »