Home

Eliminating or severely cutting back retirements in Franchise

This is a discussion on Eliminating or severely cutting back retirements in Franchise within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4
Eliminating or severely cutting back retirements in Franchise

So you have a roster you like and you'd like to use it when MLB THE SHOW 16 comes out. However, you have to sim the 2015 year to be able to use accurately in 2016. The problem is when you sim the 2015 year the game retires a ton of players due to age, ability and poor free agent market. Anyone discovered how you can eliminate or cut that retirement down severely?

If I gave everyone a 2 year contract would that work? Some pretty good players were retired (David Ortiz, RA Dickey, Ichiro, Aaron Harang and 30 others) due to age and a butt load of guys due to Poor Free Agent Market - including two that I had given 2 year contracts to (which really confused me!).

Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #2
Rookie

JDiaz1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Eliminating or severely cutting back retirements in Franchise

I generally just edit the contracts and add a year or two and so far it has worked for me
Old 02-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1
I generally just edit the contracts and add a year or two and so far it has worked for me
Thanks JDiaz1... when you say "edit the contracts" do you lower some of the bigger salaries and add a year or two or do you just leave them the same amount add years? I'm assuming that for example if Dickey was given another years contract that even though he's 40 they won't retire him.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #4
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

This obviously doesn't help the first batch of retirements but it will for every other. One thing you could try is edit players from the new draft class. What I do is change their ages to 45 and potentials to F to assure they'll retire instead. It's a bit tedious but it works if you have time.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #5
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
This obviously doesn't help the first batch of retirements but it will for every other. One thing you could try is edit players from the new draft class. What I do is change their ages to 45 and potentials to F to assure they'll retire instead. It's a bit tedious but it works if you have time.
Hey Bacon96... thx. You are right about having those "created 45 yr olds" - they definitely retire but I haven't yet got it to where they retire instead of guys like Ortiz, Harang, Ichiro, Rollings, Dickey, etc. Grrrr...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2016, 08:47 AM   #6
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbraves
Hey Bacon96... thx. You are right about having those "created 45 yr olds" - they definitely retire but I haven't yet got it to where they retire instead of guys like Ortiz, Harang, Ichiro, Rollings, Dickey, etc. Grrrr...
How about playing the 2015 season and pretending it's 2016? Problem solved. We used to pretend all sorts of things back in the 80's and 90's.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskr21
How about playing the 2015 season and pretending it's 2016? Problem solved. We used to pretend all sorts of things back in the 80's and 90's.
LOL
I'm pretty sure I'm pretending in a lot of areas still in the 2010's!
Old 02-13-2016, 11:53 AM   #8
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbraves
LOL
I'm pretty sure I'm pretending in a lot of areas still in the 2010's!
I know a guy posted about it earlier but I have had the best success in limiting the number of retirements by editing the contracts of players to have a 2nd year on them. I don't know if it's something within the game that doesn't let players retire with years/money left on their contract but I have given R.A. Dickey, Bartolo Colon, David Ortiz, and Ichiro each another year on their contract and at the end of the year they didn't retire. So that might be your best bet!
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »