Home

OSFM Red Sox 2016 Discussion

This is a discussion on OSFM Red Sox 2016 Discussion within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
OSFM Red Sox 2016 Discussion

This will be the thread for Red Sox OSFM stuff - I'll be doing the Red Sox again this year

I'll be using my knowledge of the Sox system s well as leaning on this as my guideline

http://www.soxprospects.com/

http://www.soxprospects.com/2016.htm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 11:17 PM   #2
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM Red Sox 2016 Discussion

Happy to see you back on the project for another year TNK! Sox system is looking good, I didn't think the Kimbrel trade hurt them nearly as much as everybody else seemed to. Excited to have him and Price in the fold this year!
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 03-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
Rookie

What're your guys thoughts on Moncada and how he'll look in this roster? Clearly the #1 prospect in the organization and on the best in all of baseball so that clearly warrants an "A" potential. However, he's still an A/AA guy so his overall can't be terribly high. Yet, SoxProspects projects him to be with the big club next year. My question is basically, how do you give him a realistic overall in the roster but make sure he see's the progression that's expected of him? A 20 year old jumping from AA to the Majors in one season seems hard to replicate in the game unless he's given an absurd overall to begin with.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #4
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues61
What're your guys thoughts on Moncada and how he'll look in this roster? Clearly the #1 prospect in the organization and on the best in all of baseball so that clearly warrants an "A" potential. However, he's still an A/AA guy so his overall can't be terribly high. Yet, SoxProspects projects him to be with the big club next year. My question is basically, how do you give him a realistic overall in the roster but make sure he see's the progression that's expected of him? A 20 year old jumping from AA to the Majors in one season seems hard to replicate in the game unless he's given an absurd overall to begin with.
He is rated A
Old 03-07-2016, 11:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
He is rated A
Sorry, TNK. I think I phrased my question poorly. I think its a given that Moncada deserves an "A" potential. My question was more about what his overall will start at given that he's only played A ball so far but projects to be in the majors next year. If his overall is 65-67 he likely wont make the ratings jump in franchise to justify a big league spot in 2017. But if he's a 73-74, he'll light up AA ball and thus hurt the realism. So my question is essentially, what is his overall going to look like?

Thanks for answering and thanks for all the work you do with this roster and your sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Jason27's Arena

Great news! Out of curiosity, will you be adding full Triple A & Double A's teams? And do you plan to focus Single A players to the players in high A ball? Thanks for doing this every year!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #7
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Need help with the roster? Just curious as to what your thoughts are on the roster!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #8
Rookie

Berserker2020's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
This will be the thread for Red Sox OSFM stuff - I'll be doing the Red Sox again this year

I'll be using my knowledge of the Sox system s well as leaning on this as my guideline

http://www.soxprospects.com/

http://www.soxprospects.com/2016.htm
Great to see you back at it again this year. Always an excellent job. Like last year I will drop in every now and then with stance & equipment suggestions if I find something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »