Home

WTNY's 2016 Pitch Edits

This is a discussion on WTNY's 2016 Pitch Edits within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2016, 08:26 PM   #49
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: WTNY's 2016 Pitch Edits

Decided to update Ross Stripling and Robert Stephenson after their MLB debuts. I also took the opportunity to get John Gant in there as was mentioned above. This is probably it for updates until more interesting rookie starters debut later on. The spreadsheet is up to date.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:38 PM   #50
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

You still adding new guys as they come up? (Sorry if this has been addressed already) Matthew Bowman for the Cardinals, the rule V pick from the Mets pitches two innings the other day.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 04-09-2016, 11:54 PM   #51
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstu24
You still adding new guys as they come up? (Sorry if this has been addressed already) Matthew Bowman for the Cardinals, the rule V pick from the Mets pitches two innings the other day.
Not really adding everybody. I've just been putting in some guys (mainly heralded rookie starters) that interest me or guys that broke camp with the team on Opening Day. So far that amounts to Oh, Bowman, Gant, and updates to a few others.

I just put Bowman in there for you, although I don't want to give out the wrong idea that I'm gonna be taking requests all year long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 10:52 PM   #52
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

thanks, sorry man. I get it. thanks for doing it though! appreciate it.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 04-13-2016, 11:13 PM   #53
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

OVR: 2

Regarding pitch speed, is the speed that you have listed on the spreadsheet the absolute fastest speed achievable in the game or is it padded a little bit for occasional higher speeds? Like if a guy has 95 listed on your spreadsheet, when using him in game, would it be possible for him to occasionally reach 96 or 97 MPH? I thought I recall this being the case at one time in previously years, but I can't remember.

Also, just a small thing I noticed because I happen to be watching the Brewers play and looking at your spreadsheet at the same time, Tyler Thornburg as been regularly reaching up to 95-96 MPH this season. He lost some speed last year, but rehabbed extensively in the off season and got his velocity back. I saw on the spreadsheet you have him at 92.85 MPH. Not a big deal if you don't want to change it, just wanted to mention it because he's one of my favorites on the team.

Thanks for your hard work!
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent

Last edited by Kevin82485; 04-13-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #54
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin82485
Regarding pitch speed, is the speed that you have listed on the spreadsheet the absolute fastest speed achievable in the game? Like if a guy has 95 listed on your spreadsheet, when using him in game, would it be possible for him to occasionally reach 96 or 97 MPH? I thought I recall this being the case at one time in previously years, but I can't remember.

Also, just a small thing I noticed because I happen to be watching the Brewers play and looking at your spreadsheet at the same time, Tyler Thornburg as been regularly reaching up to 95-96 MPH this season. He lost some speed last year, but rehabbed extensively in the off season and got his velocity back. I saw on the spreadsheet you have him at 92.85 MPH. Not a big deal if you don't want to change it, just wanted to mention it because he's one of my favorites on the team.

Thanks for your hard work!
To answer your main Q...the pitch velocity given is the average pitch speed. In the game, pitchers can usually get 1-3 mph faster in the early innings depending on the pitch effort and stick skillz.

So to answer your second Q...if Thornburg's velo is ~93 mph, he will hit 95-96 on occasion in the game but not all the time. It's true that his velocity has increased this season (I just checked), but it's only 47 pitches so I'll probably leave it. You can change it on your end pretty easily though. Brooks Baseball has him sitting at 95.07 mph so far this year if you want to edit him.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:34 AM   #55
Rookie

dnr720's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey WTNY quick question when entering these edits for velocity do you raise velocity slider until there mph average is acheived or do you enter lets say the velocity listed is 92.87 enter 93 on the velocity slider for a given pitch? Hope i made sence with that question. Also incredible job gathering this info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 11:43 AM   #56
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnr720
Hey WTNY quick question when entering these edits for velocity do you raise velocity slider until there mph average is acheived or do you enter lets say the velocity listed is 92.87 enter 93 on the velocity slider for a given pitch? Hope i made sence with that question. Also incredible job gathering this info
Each "click" on the velocity bar is worth 0.2 mph. So to achieve 92.87 mph, I go to 92 mph on the velocity bar and click 4 times to the right: 92 + 4 x 0.2 = 92.80 mph. Sometimes, if I am feeling dangerous or in a mood, I will go all the way to 93 mph and then click back to the left once: 93 - 1 x 0.2 = 92.80 mph.

If you come across something right in the middle (92.90 mph is exactly in the middle of 92.80 and 93.00 mph) it's your choice and it might come down to whether you like that pitcher or not. I don't really apply hard core rounding rules (even/odd rule, lol) as it's just a game.

By the way, the "change up glitch" is still there. So for CAPs, you will see your movements on one pitch's velocity slider affect all the other ones. This means you have to do some tweaking to get them all to stick where you want them. Impossible to explain this any further so you'd just need to play around with it to see what I mean.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »