Home

Easier(??) roster port

This is a discussion on Easier(??) roster port within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:51 AM   #9
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Easier(??) roster port

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
This is from ShowTyme in the OSFM thread.
So I'm redownloading 15 now while I am at work and will work on loading the latest roster from 15 and use the steps listed by showtyme to export players in 16. I'm thinking about doing season mode this time around so I'm hoping the export import process won't be as painful and time consuming. Just wanted to know what is the best way to determine a real player vs a fake player.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #10
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
So I'm redownloading 15 now while I am at work and will work on loading the latest roster from 15 and use the steps listed by showtyme to export players in 16. I'm thinking about doing season mode this time around so I'm hoping the export import process won't be as painful and time consuming. Just wanted to know what is the best way to determine a real player vs a fake player.
If you use my roster, it's all real guys.
In general, just type their names into Baseball Reference and check out their page to see if they're active.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 03-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #11
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
If you mean created players or Real built in game SCEA players. if there is no export option then they are built into the game and can't be exported and no need to be.

One issue I am having with this is exporting players you can't get rid of the R tag even if you sim 2 seasons, I slimmed a season to export Dylan Bundy and the stupid R stays on his name no matter what even with a year of service time! and he is no longer a rookie, so going to have to find a edible service time guy, I am pretty sure Bundy is not classed as a rookie anymore because he was in the majors in 2014 and was on DL most of last year?

Last edited by ninertravel; 03-30-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
If you mean created players or Real built in game SCEA players. if there is no export option then they are built into the game and can't be exported and no need to be.

One issue I am having with this is exporting players you can't get rid of the R tag even if you sim 2 seasons, I slimmed a season to export Dylan Bundy and the stupid R stays on his name no matter what even with a year of service time! and he is no longer a rookie, so going to have to find a edible service time guy, I am pretty sure Bundy is not classed as a rookie anymore because he was in the majors in 2014 and was on DL most of last year?
Nope, he still qualifies as a rookie. He would have to spend 45 days on an ACTIVE MLB roster (not D.L.) or have 50 innings pitched to lose his rookie status.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info...egulations.jsp
Old 03-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #13
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Nope, he still qualifies as a rookie. He would have to spend 45 days on an ACTIVE MLB roster (not D.L.) or have 50 innings pitched to lose his rookie status.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info...egulations.jsp
Oh cool didn't realize that, thought he was on DL longer, anyhow this is a bug with exporting that could be a problem can't think of any other players this could be a problem for though
Old 03-30-2016, 10:42 PM   #14
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Oh cool didn't realize that, thought he was on DL longer, anyhow this is a bug with exporting that could be a problem can't think of any other players this could be a problem for though
What would it take to allow the buyer to edit contracts and service time of SCEA made players? Maybe I'm missing some kind of legal thing but I never have understood some of the restrictions on editing real players after you buy game.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:53 PM   #15
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbraves
What would it take to allow the buyer to edit contracts and service time of SCEA made players? Maybe I'm missing some kind of legal thing but I never have understood some of the restrictions on editing real players after you buy game.
it's probably a licence thing if you look at madden now created players can only be rookies there too never used to be that way for 20 years, suddenly change.

as for service time as long as the stupid R tag isn't on a player that isn't a rookie and going for rookie of the year I am happy,

My work around is say Jacob Turner for example find the fake player he turned into on the import export it and BOOM no more rookie tag, I don't care if career stats are off or service time isn't exact as long as R tag is gone and a vet isn't going for rookie of the year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 04:36 PM   #16
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4

Just wish that was possible in Franchise when a veteran comes out of retirement or long term injury. No editable non rookies usually available.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »