Home

Roster based on OOTP ratings

This is a discussion on Roster based on OOTP ratings within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Roster based on OOTP ratings

Sounds good
Old 05-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #10
Rookie

Plus I found a ootp ratings for Japanese and Taiwan ratings but they are different system than the show. I think the scale only went up to 80 and the ratings were off when I changed them. Can you choose a 0-100 rating scale on ootp so it's similar to the show?
Old 05-25-2016, 10:56 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbcfan
Plus I found a ootp ratings for Japanese and Taiwan ratings but they are different system than the show. I think the scale only went up to 80 and the ratings were off when I changed them. Can you choose a 0-100 rating scale on ootp so it's similar to the show?
Yes, OOTP allows you to select a 1-100 scale versus their default of 80 scale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #12
Rookie

I purchased OOTP 2 years ago and sent ratings to a couple of the guys that created foreign players for The Show and it seemed to work well with the 1-100 scale. The CAPs this year for the top guys seem really low to me. Despaigne for instance was on the level of Cespedes and Jose Abreu when they all played together. Shohei Otani is laughably underrated as well. He compares to Darvish and Tanaka on the mound and is hitting .342, with 8 HR in 73 ABs this year. (1.164 OPS)
Old 05-26-2016, 05:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Despaigne has been mediocre in Japan
Old 05-27-2016, 07:50 PM   #14
Rookie

I've completed a roster set based on OOTP with great results. MOST of the applicable ratings are there as are pitches and movement. I probably wouldn't mix players from different eras, 20's & 60's. A historical season would work better I believe since all the historical players are being rated on the same scale. Using baseball reference you should be able to create an accurate roster. Just adjust the POWER & CONTACT sliders until tour results are what you expect.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:30 PM   #15
Rookie

Ootp ratings and the show ratings differ greatly. It's almost impossible for pitchers. Yuki yanagita one of the top players in Japan came out to a 62 when I used ootp ratings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 04:17 AM   #16
Rookie

Beyond the box score had an article last year projecting NPB hitters to MLB, here is what they had on Yanagita. 62 actually seems pretty legit....

The seventh-ranked batter on the list is outfielder Yuki Yanagita. He possesses top-notch athleticism and the power/speed combo to do some damage. His plate discipline can be improved though, and his 2014 season was enhanced by an enormously unsustainable .396 BABIP. Like others, he would likely walk less often, hit home runs at half the rate of before, and experience a drop in BABIP and isolated power. Because strikeout rate is not normalized in a single direction, Yanagita improves in that regard. His projection points to a Daniel Nava type of performance in the big leagues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »