Home

MLB on FOX: 2016 OPENING DAY ROSTERS RELEASED

This is a discussion on MLB on FOX: 2016 OPENING DAY ROSTERS RELEASED within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you prefer when it comes to your rosters?
I rather have all the players who were once on the game before they started getting removed. 12 60.00%
I rather have the height & weights, age, location etc correct and make the players that were removed. 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #81
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB on FOX: MLB THE SHOW 16 CAPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
I dont have a time set for release because working on it with one other person and I half to import triple a, double a etc....and plug in ratings and pitch edits and not the WTNY pitch edits either. I am sticking with seanjeezys work.

I work on these everyday and its time consuming as you know, but not going to release anything or rush myself and make mistakes. I dont put updates out or several versions it will be 1 version and it will be a FINAL VERSION.

With that being said I'm on course making pretty good progress already. Most of the players I will import are already done from last year so that really helps. I am not going to put as much detail in some of the players in the minors as I have for the 25 man rosters, but they still look pretty good.
I will release these when all steps are completed. I was hoping today's update 5/02/16 by SCEA would have been worth using to have the correct height & weights in this set along with some players added back that were once on the game so I was trying to hold off a little this past week, but after waiting and being disappointed once again with SCEA weekly roster updates with them not adding anyone back and instead removing even more real players. We are up to about 33 players removed since they started doing the roster updates this year. Last weeks update was 28 players removed and today's update another 5 players. So with that being said I am 100% moving forward with what I have been working on using the DEFAULT roster and by the voting on the POLL seems the way to go. I am all about accuracy and would love to have my height & weight changes in this set as well but it's something I will have to get over and move past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 08:08 PM   #82
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
re: MLB on FOX: 2016 OPENING DAY ROSTERS RELEASED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Any idea on when you're gonna post the roster?
Just like Houston stated, he isn't going to post anything until all steps are complete. Have you not taken a look at the 1st post in this thread? It's specifically stated there are 10 steps & these 2 guys are on like step #3 so wouldn't you think it would still be a good while?

Not trying to sound difficult but if people would read the 1st post of most of these roster sets threads they would get their answers to questions like this. All it takes is a little more reading sometimes. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-03-2016, 01:39 AM   #83
MVP

Houston's Arena

Let's please act like adults here and be civilized with each other. I do not want this thread turning into the way OSFM usually is with everyday someone asking when are they going to be available and I would like to see all of us getting along not attacking one another. I am one person working on the rosters by myself I might be getting some help from Bacon96 with equipment when the time comes, but until then I am by myself doing them as fast as I can.

Yes I will be updating the steps as there done and you will also be able to check the front page to see what's currently being worked on when you see. "In PROGRESS".

I do my rosters in steps as the front page says and by levels and currently wrapping up the MLB level. The next phase will be the AAA level doing them exactly how the MLB level was done. I will update every one on what level we are on or you can keep up with the status by viewing the front page. Again if your in a hurry to play with these you might want to try other roster sets out, because like I mention I am working on these alone so the time frame can be a little longer than other roster sets because they have a team in place.

Last edited by Houston; 05-03-2016 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #84
MVP

Houston's Arena

All MLB pitching rotations and bullpens have been set. I am currently doing the secondary positions now for all MLB players.

Update - I got ORIOLES - ASTROS secondary positions done today.

Last edited by Houston; 05-03-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #85
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
This roster project called MLB on FOX: 2016 Opening Day Rosters are done by only 2 people working on them so of course our release date can be a little longer to get everything than done than your OSFM rosters.
What happened to that other guy that was supposed to help you out? Man, being a former roster creator myself, doing all of what you're doing on your own is crazy. That's a lot of stuff you're doing buddy. Thanks for all of your effort being put into this.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #86
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
What happened to that other guy that was supposed to help you out? Man, being a former roster creator myself, doing all of what you're doing on your own is crazy. That's a lot of stuff you're doing buddy. Thanks for all of your effort being put into this.
He went to Cancun on vacation right at the beginning of this. Once I get to Triple A things will be a little quicker and easier for me with most of those players being available on my roster file from last year I just half to do a lot of importing and updating there ages, location etc. I will still need to make some players obviously that should have been on this years game that played last year who were on last years game, but other than that I don't mind putting in the work.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #87
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
All MLB pitching rotations and bullpens have been set. I am currently doing the secondary positions now for all MLB players.

Update - I got ORIOLES - MARINERS secondary positions done.
What are you basing backup positions of off? Is there a cutoff for X games played or does it depend for each player?

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 05-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #88
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
What are you basing backup positions of off? Is there a cutoff for X games played or does it depend for each player?

Well I am hoping this doesn't become a huge debate or position war, but in MLB 16 positions are really important especially the backup position now. Like SCEA had said in the streams you just cant play anybody anywhere anymore.

I believable if a player has ever played a certain position he should have it, but keep in mind age does play a factor and can he play that position now? and again if they played there before I try to give it to them as much as I can, I also look at MiLB and where they have played down there and make my decision where I can and if I can with some position restrictions SCEA puts on us still.

It all depends on certain factors of course if it's just 1 game in MLB I probably wouldnt give it to them, but if that's the only backup position they played I don't see the harm giving it to them when available.

There are sometimes I just cant give a certain position to players without messing up the multiple positions already given so I leave the player how SCEA has them. Example even though Ryan Braun hasn't played 3B in years but he could still play there if he had to im sure, but SCEA gave him main LF how it should be and only backup is RF where he played last few years. I will not be able to give him any other backup positions because you would half to make him a 3B and all OF or just LF to do that. So he will remain with what he has.

All in all I have my own way of doing it and not going to change it, I do use MiLB to give backup positions although they haven't played that in the MLB and seen others don't agree with my selection in the PAST, but like I said if they have played there at some point in there career regardless if its MiLB or the Majors I will always try to give them that position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »