Home

Official Rosters

This is a discussion on Official Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2016, 07:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOMODE
Need to add Dae-Ho Lee in the Mariners. He's a starter and can't believe he's not in the roster.

Also, all of the rookies seem to be from Alaska. Is this traditional?

SCEA needs a better team for making rosters.
He's the platoon for everyday starter Adam Lind is he not? Oh well, idk why I'm arguing I'm frustrated about the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 12:47 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
He's the platoon for everyday starter Adam Lind is he not? Oh well, idk why I'm arguing I'm frustrated about the same thing.
Yeah, he just hit a walk-off HR tonight.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:25 PM   #43
Rookie

How many players are real when doing a franchise. Is it a mixed of actual players and fake players? The online franchise rosters consists of 90 players per team. Aren't the official rosters made up of 40 man rosters for each team?
Old 04-14-2016, 01:57 PM   #44
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

The official rosters have all the guys in the major leagues and any minor leaguers with MLB service time for the most part. That is going to vary from team to team. The entire 40 man roster isn't complete, because every team has guys on their 40 who haven't had MLB service time yet, and those players can't be included in the rosters.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
The official rosters have all the guys in the major leagues and any minor leaguers with MLB service time for the most part. That is going to vary from team to team. The entire 40 man roster isn't complete, because every team has guys on their 40 who haven't had MLB service time yet, and those players can't be included in the rosters.

I see. So when doing a franchise where do all the prospect names come from? Is it random fake prospects?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 04:10 PM   #46
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wins9484
I see. So when doing a franchise where do all the prospect names come from? Is it random fake prospects?
Yes, any player that is not a part of the MLBPA will be generated/fake. This is one reason why so many people wait for the OS Full Minors roster, as it will have real players created for the minor league teams that are as accurately represented as the current roster format allows.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #47
Banned

Can they please just release the roster for the sake of my mental sanity!
Old 04-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Yes, any player that is not a part of the MLBPA will be generated/fake. This is one reason why so many people wait for the OS Full Minors roster, as it will have real players created for the minor league teams that are as accurately represented as the current roster format allows.

But there will still be some generated/fake players even when using the OSFM right? I figure this because you need 90 players per team so 90x30= 2700 players. I don't think the OSFM has 2700 players. I think it was around 2200 last year. Am I right, that there will still be some fake players to complete the rosters even with OSFM being used?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »