Home

Official Rosters

This is a discussion on Official Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2016, 05:23 PM   #49
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by wins9484
But there will still be some generated/fake players even when using the OSFM right? I figure this because you need 90 players per team so 90x30= 2700 players. I don't think the OSFM has 2700 players. I think it was around 2200 last year. Am I right, that there will still be some fake players to complete the rosters even with OSFM being used?
Every team gets a full roster. If there are any fake players, they will be in the free agency pool.

The good news, is that OSFM doesn't make players for those already on the roster (IE - They don't need to add Miguel Sano, because he's already in the game).

With the new system thanks to the PS4, it makes it much easier to do, too, since they can import/export players with relative ease.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
Every team gets a full roster. If there are any fake players, they will be in the free agency pool.

The good news, is that OSFM doesn't make players for those already on the roster (IE - They don't need to add Miguel Sano, because he's already in the game).

With the new system thanks to the PS4, it makes it much easier to do, too, since they can import/export players with relative ease.

I'm planning to do an online franchise with a fantasy draft. The draft is 50 rounds and the computer automatically fills in the remaining 40 players so that each team has 90 players total. How do the undrafted prospects get distributed among the teams? Do these remaining players go to their respective teams even though the franchise is employing a fantasy draft? Or do they randomly get distributed?
Old 04-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #51
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
But there will still be some generated/fake players even when using the OSFM right? I figure this because you need 90 players per team so 90x30= 2700 players. I don't think the OSFM has 2700 players. I think it was around 2200 last year. Am I right, that there will still be some fake players to complete the rosters even with OSFM being used?
Not that I know of. Now, I can't speak to the numbers you brought up (full disclosure, I do my own rosters and haven't used OSFM in a couple of years), but perhaps that 2200 you mention is the number of players created for the roster? I dunno.

In fact, the issue is usually the reverse as there aren't enough roster spots in-game to cover an organization's full roster. In other words, the issue is more of deciding who gets left out when sorting the bottom end of rosters. So, there are usually decisions between a couple of low-level young prospect who may or may not impact the roster in a few years, or perhaps deciding between the future and the now, such as one of those prospects who is long-term vs an aging veteran who could see a call up in the current year.

In either case, generated players are replaced with actual prospects for OSFM.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 04-14-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Not that I know of. Now, I can't speak to the numbers you brought up (full disclosure, I do my own rosters and haven't used OSFM in a couple of years), but perhaps that 2200 you mention is the number of players created for the roster? I dunno.

In fact, the issue is usually the reverse as there aren't enough roster spots in-game to cover an organization's full roster. In other words, the issue is more of deciding who gets left out when sorting the bottom end of rosters. So, there are usually decisions between a couple of low-level young prospect who may or may not impact the roster in a few years, or perhaps deciding between the future and the now, such as one of those prospects who is long-term vs an aging veteran who could see a call up in the current year.

In either case, generated players are replaced with actual prospects for OSFM.

Thanks. But how do these prospects get distributed in an online franchise running a fantasy draft? The draft is 50 rounds, so 40 additional players are filled in by the computer for you. How does it decides which prospects from the OSFM to give you?
Old 04-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #53
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Thanks. But how do these prospects get distributed in an online franchise running a fantasy draft? The draft is 50 rounds, so 40 additional players are filled in by the computer for you. How does it decides which prospects from the OSFM to give you?
Sorry, I didn't see your follow up post about online fantasy draft. I haven't used either one, so someone else will have to chime in on how that works. I was just speaking in general.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker07
Talk about lazy lol

The official update has Story (aka Joe Random) with the #1 standard face and they forgot to add the commentary names even though they are in the game. Instead of adding the audio they just left it at "none"
How did I get a warning for this? lol
This forum has some of the most ridiculous rules on bans and warnings. Even some dictators allow for more criticism.

/banned

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »