Home

anyone doing a 25man for osfm?

This is a discussion on anyone doing a 25man for osfm? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #41
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: anyone doing a 25man for osfm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball321
Lisac, I listen to the Giants' games but don't follow the other teams closely, and I'm not an expert at using MLBTS or downloaded rosters. I have MLBTS 2015 on a PS3. I only play offline franchise mode. I'd like to describe my goal and how I tried to do it last year, then ask you some questions.

The goal is to play the Giants' opening day roster against the other teams' opening day rosters for an entire seaon. I play every game by hand and don't use injuries. I play 3-6 games every other night while drinking wine. I realize this isn't very "realistic" but I don't want to spend the time researching and making roster changes to all 30 teams during the year. I figure the MLB clubs chose their best guys for opening day and that's what I want to simulate. If a guy like Mazarro comes up and outperforms expectations, I'll miss out on that. But if his numbers in the game aren't as good as the guy's he replaced, he probably won't do as well over the course of the season IN THE GAME. The ideal would be that you guys would update Mazarro's numbers as he outperforms expectations, but since we can't import players into an ongoing Franchise, I'd still have to download your updated rosters, then manually go into my Franchise and edit Mazarro.

SO: What I did last year was download the OSFM opening day rosters. Before starting the franchise mode:
GIANTS: Put any ML player starting on the DL into the 25 man roster on the ML team. Put any other DL player into a minor league team. Remove any player from the 40 man roster who is not on the ML team.
ALL OTHER TEAMS: Remove all players from the DL, putting them wherever their overall number puts them. (An 88 overall would replace an 85 overall, even if the 85 was the team's choice for opening day.) Remove any player from the 40 man roster who is not on the MLB team.
Removing the non-opening day players from the 40 man roster is so they don't get charged with a "send-down" and so the game won't change the rosters at the end of the preseason.

Question 1) It sounds like that's almost exactly what you're doing, except you are putting DL players onto minor league (A) teams. What would I need to do after downloading your 25 man roster to achieve my goal?

Question 2) What will your roster be called? Any current thoughts on when it might be available?

Question 3 - off-topic) As I said, I'm not knowledgeable about MLBTS. Haven't they released a 2016 roster? I don't see one when I go into COMMUNITY -> VAULTS -> ROSTER VAULTS -> BROWSE ROSTER. I thought the game automatically downloaded rosters that the devs provided, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks and regards!
furball
To answer your questions the best I can
Q1- it basically comes down to what YOU the user wants to do with it, everyone is diff.
(I do 32 team control and put anybody whos longer than 15 day DL in minors and do all the call ups and roster moves as the season go's on)
Q2-its called OSFM 25man via RosterResource name -Jr-Griffey 25- and as i say every year I take NO credit for these what so ever. All the credit goes to ALL the guys that make this roster year in and year out!
Q3- with not knowing when they will drop i will give you a best case scenerio example-
(im on call til Tues morn so working late thru Mon night)
So say rosters drop Mon i would have them out the latest Thurs night.
I will also be doing a 2nd roster as its been requested, that roster will have all players on 60day DL and longer in single A and also with have batting stance adjustments as needed.
Again as example if Roster is dropped Mon and i drop first Roster by Thurs the latest id have this Roster up by that Sun.the latest.
Hope i answered your questions and if you have anymore please feel free to ask!
Thanks Guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #42
Rookie

Does anyone know if this prevents the cou being able to call up 40 guys in September of a franchise mode? I've never noticed whether or not it does or doesn't because they only have 25 men on the 40 man roster at the start of the season. Or do they add guys in September automatically to call guys up?

I'm pretty anal about having perfect rosters and used to update the OSFM rosters every day using the mlb . Com transactions for every team in all organizations. It can be a little un-fun at times lol

I wish they would implement a way to load in rosters from outside of your franchise if you have the 30 team roster control on. That would make my life so much easier! And I'd enjoy my season a lot more!!
Old 04-15-2016, 04:03 PM   #43
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRiMETiME559_ps4
Does anyone know if this prevents the cou being able to call up 40 guys in September of a franchise mode? I've never noticed whether or not it does or doesn't because they only have 25 men on the 40 man roster at the start of the season. Or do they add guys in September automatically to call guys up?

I'm pretty anal about having perfect rosters and used to update the OSFM rosters every day using the mlb . Com transactions for every team in all organizations. It can be a little un-fun at times lol

I wish they would implement a way to load in rosters from outside of your franchise if you have the 30 team roster control on. That would make my life so much easier! And I'd enjoy my season a lot more!!
If you use 30 team roster control and put roster transactions to manual the CPU will NOT add guys to your roster! (FYI I also play as realistic as possible so I put my settings to ALL manual) the only thing is if you want to transfer from 1yr to the next you have to put Roster Control as CPU!
Old 04-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #44
Rookie

Does the OSFM roster have some players as free agents, or is everyone assigned to a team?
Old 04-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #45
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wins9484
Does the OSFM roster have some players as free agents, or is everyone assigned to a team?
OSFM roster always has some players in FA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #46
Rookie

furball321's Arena

Thanks, Lisac. And thanks to all those working on the rosters!
Old 04-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #47
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball321
Thanks, Lisac. And thanks to all those working on the rosters!
Anytime guys! And again feel free to ask any question and I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #48
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Ok guys just in case you didnt they are releasing OSFM rosters on Sun at 6pm EST
What this means for 25man (and this all depends if I get called into work Sun or Mon night) is I intend to get 1st roster out on Wed evening instead of Thurs. I will continue to update you guys on progress!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »