Home

Fictional Roster?

This is a discussion on Fictional Roster? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 09:27 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Fictional Roster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DNDJK2
Big fan of your work in NBA 2k and was inspired by that roster to do these. But I play a watered-down version of your roster on 2k. I don't like superstars I rather play and whoever becomes a superstar so be it.

Hi 2DND,

I downloaded the roster and took a look. I really like what you have done. I just have a few questions, if you don't mind?

Did you download any real players and use them as a base?

Why are the players so young?

I noticed some players have much more detail in their face than others, what was your method making players?

Are the pitchers realistic with their pitch types and speeds?

Thats it, great job, I'm just interested in your methods of making this.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:53 PM   #50
Rookie

2DNDJK2's Arena

OVR: 0

Actually cant really explain the method because it just came to me as I was doing it. But to try: 1st I saved the initial roster then saved the live roster. Created Joe Randoms for each position(SP Joe Random, 1B Joe Random, RF Joe Random, etc) then replaced each real player with the Joe Random that correspond with their position(SP Joe Random for Chris Hale). After EVERY real guy was replaced even the digital real guys I exported AAA down A ballplayers over the Joe Randoms. For instance a AAA 3B ballplayer Mike Kelly would be imported over a 3B Joe Random. Weird right? But it worked out. To answer your question about detail yeah I tooked my time on some players for instance the Reds and some other guys. The whole Reds 25 man roster is my AA team from 14 and 15 and this way with players being no higher than 75 a can basically play with them now rather wait til they progress or others retire. To make matters worse I wrote down how they looked meaning HT. WT. head shape nose shape everything so I have them. Some other guys in the league are the same way. In where they would be tomorrow stars on other rosters they can be today's stars on mines. The reason for their age is just that they are a bunch of the best AAA AA and A ballplayers basically put together in almost a ''by chance draft'' in which I didn't intentionally put guys on a specific team only my team and the Red Sox(my brother's team and some of his minor league players). If that team had SP Joe Random they got the next SP that was on the list to get imported. Hope this explains it a lil. But download the one that says EDGAR BAGWELL b/c that's the one me and my brother play with.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:13 PM   #51
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

Quote:
Actually cant really explain the method because it just came to me as I was doing it. But to try: 1st I saved the initial roster then saved the live roster. Created Joe Randoms for each position(SP Joe Random, 1B Joe Random, RF Joe Random, etc) then replaced each real player with the Joe Random that correspond with their position(SP Joe Random for Chris Hale). After EVERY real guy was replaced even the digital real guys I exported AAA down A ballplayers over the Joe Randoms. For instance a AAA 3B ballplayer Mike Kelly would be imported over a 3B Joe Random. Weird right? But it worked out. To answer your question about detail yeah I tooked my time on some players for instance the Reds and some other guys. The whole Reds 25 man roster is my AA team from 14 and 15 and this way with players being no higher than 75 a can basically play with them now rather wait til they progress or others retire. To make matters worse I wrote down how they looked meaning HT. WT. head shape nose shape everything so I have them. Some other guys in the league are the same way. In where they would be tomorrow stars on other rosters they can be today's stars on mines. The reason for their age is just that they are a bunch of the best AAA AA and A ballplayers basically put together in almost a ''by chance draft'' in which I didn't intentionally put guys on a specific team only my team and the Red Sox(my brother's team and some of his minor league players). If that team had SP Joe Random they got the next SP that was on the list to get imported. Hope this explains it a lil. But download the one that says EDGAR BAGWELL b/c that's the one me and my brother play with.
His rosters are great. I customized 4 to 5 players per teamonth and raised their rankings anywhere from 80 to 95. Every team now has "superstars " with more realistic faces and equipment to identify them on the field. I found the offense to just be kinda sputtering along with out some better players to ignite both me and the cpu. 2-2 in 4 games and I love these rosters.

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #52
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

To clarify, I used 2Ds. Sorry for typos, I'm on mobile.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #53
Rookie

2DNDJK2's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Fictional Roster?

I appreciate it Greg. Who did u end up playing with? But to give u a lol insight if u play with as if(but I understand your way) superstars would raise up. Just think about how u would normally play and check stats in AAA or AA and so and so would be batting. 345 35hr 119rbi, that's would what eventually happen with those guys u just don't know right off the bat who it would be which is basically the reason, YOU DON'T KNOW YET!
Old 05-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #54
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

Quote:
I appreciate it Greg. Who did u end up playing with? But to give u a lol insight if u play with as if(but I understand your way) superstars would raise up. Just think about how u would normally play and check stats in AAA or AA and so and so would be batting. 345 35hr 119rbi, that's would what eventually happen with those guys u just don't know right off the bat who it would be which is basically the reason, YOU DON'T KNOW YET!
Very true, I raised most great players ages in the mid and late 20s. Lowered potential of a lot of guys and adjusted rating to compensate for growth of skills over time. You did all the hard stuff and for that I can't thank you enough. I'm still tweaking the specifics (sliders and ratings? but it's so damn good brother.

You really provided a substantial template for me to customize to my own specific alternate universe. I didon't a fantasy draft to spread the talent out. Still working out the kinks on my personal gameplay congruent to this roster set.

I'd be happy to upload if someone wants to peep them, but 99.5% of the credI'd goes to you good sir.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregNilles
Very true, I raised most great players ages in the mid and late 20s. Lowered potential of a lot of guys and adjusted rating to compensate for growth of skills over time. You did all the hard stuff and for that I can't thank you enough. I'm still tweaking the specifics (sliders and ratings? but it's so damn good brother.

You really provided a substantial template for me to customize to my own specific alternate universe. I didon't a fantasy draft to spread the talent out. Still working out the kinks on my personal gameplay congruent to this roster set.

I'd be happy to upload if someone wants to peep them, but 99.5% of the credI'd goes to you good sir.

Please upload, I've love to take a look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #56
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoalure
Please upload, I've love to take a look.
OK I'm midgame...I'll do it right after and let ya know when it's up.

I assume it's cool 2d?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »