Home

OSFM Opening Day 40Men V1

This is a discussion on OSFM Opening Day 40Men V1 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #9
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: OSFM Opening Day 40Men V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Shark
Is this based off the first release or the correction one that was released later?
From my understanding, the corrections were not released yet. This set looks to be from the initial release I believe.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #10
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

This is before the corrections. Millennium will work on the corrected set 40 man tonight after he uploads them I believe.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:44 AM   #11
Rookie

Boss Rousseau's Arena

OVR: 0

Can anybody give a brief pro/con of using a the 25 man roster versus the 40?

Seems like there are so many layers to this lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 11:17 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Rousseau
Can anybody give a brief pro/con of using a the 25 man roster versus the 40?

Seems like there are so many layers to this lol.
Full disclosure....I am a 40 man, no injury roster advocate. Honestly, I do not understand the desire to play with the 25 man roster, other than being guaranteed to have the exact lineups and rotations as the real MLB teams. That's cool....for opeing day, but what about the rest of the franchise? Other than that, I see no benefit. The 25 man roster sends injured players to Single A Ball and removes them from the 40 man. Well, the CPU will not add these players or call them up to the big leagues once your franchise gets rolling. I guess the argument the 25 man advocates have is 'realism'. But, here is the hiccup in that thought......What happens when you have an injury in your Show Franchise? That injury isn't reflected on the real big league club. I don't see the reason to use this roster, unless you play your Show Franchise at the same pace as the Real MLB....AND you make all the roster changes and Injuries each day to match. I am going to use LEOMODEs Non Injury, 40 man rosters .........I let the CPU manage their lineups and call ups as they see fit. I love the OSFM rosters because they have all the prospects. But, I also think some of the complaints about the very minor details for the prospects or equipment is unneeded. Since, I believe many players do not play every game of a franchise for multiple seasons to really warrant the complaints.

Last edited by Fcshuckers73; 04-18-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #13
MVP

Is there. Non injury roster coming out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2016, 11:28 AM   #14
Pro

That is what LEOMODE has uploaded and Millennium is going to upload into the vault..... All the good players will be on the 40 man roster, regardless of their real life injury status. Then when you start a franchise, the CPU will call them up. The 25 man rosters have limited ability to allow them to 'breathe' as the season progresses.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #15
MVP

That sounds great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #16
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
Full disclosure....I am a 40 man, no injury roster advocate. Honestly, I do not understand the desire to play with the 25 man roster, other than being guaranteed to have the exact lineups and rotations as the real MLB teams. That's cool....for opeing day, but what about the rest of the franchise? Other than that, I see no benefit. The 25 man roster sends injured players to Single A Ball and removes them from the 40 man. Well, the CPU will not add these players or call them up to the big leagues once your franchise gets rolling. I guess the argument the 25 man advocates have is 'realism'. But, here is the hiccup in that thought......What happens when you have an injury in your Show Franchise? That injury isn't reflected on the real big league club. I don't see the reason to use this roster, unless you play your Show Franchise at the same pace as the Real MLB....AND you make all the roster changes and Injuries each day to match. I am going to use LEOMODEs Non Injury, 40 man rosters .........I let the CPU manage their lineups and call ups as they see fit. I love the OSFM rosters because they have all the prospects. But, I also think some of the complaints about the very minor details for the prospects or equipment is unneeded. Since, I believe many players do not play every game of a franchise for multiple seasons to really warrant the complaints.
This is exactly how I feel. Ik they went off the roster update SCEA but ill think they'll think twice about that next year. SCEA's update literally did nothing this year except for add maybe 20 guys. Every year I start a franchise I want everyone 100% healthy going into the season and then I turn injuries on. The way they came out this year everyone who wanted everyone healthy had to do hardcore edits to get regular starters into the active roster and those who wanted to DL those still had to go through and make the necessary edits. Im not hating on the OSFM guys because Im so happy I got opening day out of the way already, but everyone was so happy to get the roster and (to be honest) it was unplayable for franchise mode for everybody. Just my 2 cents. Ik these guys do it out of their free time, family time, and for no profit, but I think next year they will just use the initial SCEA roster and make changes accordingly. It wasnt a probelm last year because, if I recall, the roster was out before the 1st SCEA update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »