Home

Classic Teams - MLB 16

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - MLB 16 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #57
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Classic Teams - MLB 16

I came on for the sole reason of checking on these rosters. Definitely checking this out!!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Mr. Gahden,

Perhaps you could help me. I love this game, and your rosters look incredible. The only problem is, I've wanted to run a season of GREAT TEAMS for a long time (30 years maybe), and I think your rosters give me the best chance at that...but some teams are on different versions. I could never play without the '27 Yankees or the '75 reds (what's the point?), but they are on different rosters.

I've been out of the roster game a long time, but how would I go about getting all of the teams I wanted on the same roster? This is such a great opportunity, but I'm confused on how to get teams from all 3 rosters to the same one for my league. Aside from the "Gas House Gang" of '34 St.L., and the Incredible Cubs of '29, you seem to have pretty much everything I am looking for.

Seriously, I've never seen anyone do rosters with things like the '49 Red Sox, '79 Expos or '77 Royals. I think those are excellent choices for each of those particular franchises, and am impressed by your work and choices.

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for the time put in on these rosters.

Last edited by 41_Tom_Seaver_Fan; 06-10-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 21

Obviously, you will have a set that has most of the teams already in there which will be the base for your final set...so you are really loading up the other rosters one at a time that have the few teams you want to add to the final set.

You then have to load up one roster set at a time that has a team, or teams, that you want to add to final set, and export EACH player from the roster.

Then, you load up your base final set and you have to import each player over the current player at each position for each team you want to overwrite with new players..

That's the mechanic anyway...others here can probably tell you the exact way to do it to ensure no problems in your final set.

C
Old 06-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #60
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41_Tom_Seaver_Fan
Mr. Gahden,

Perhaps you could help me. I love this game, and your rosters look incredible. The only problem is, I've wanted to run a season of GREAT TEAMS for a long time (30 years maybe), and I think your rosters give me the best chance at that...but some teams are on different versions. I could never play without the '27 Yankees or the '75 reds (what's the point?), but they are on different rosters.

I've been out of the roster game a long time, but how would I go about getting all of the teams I wanted on the same roster? This is such a great opportunity, but I'm confused on how to get teams from all 3 rosters to the same one for my league. Aside from the "Gas House Gang" of '34 St.L., and the Incredible Cubs of '29, you seem to have pretty much everything I am looking for.

Seriously, I've never seen anyone do rosters with things like the '49 Red Sox, '79 Expos or '77 Royals. I think those are excellent choices for each of those particular franchises, and am impressed by your work and choices.

Thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for the time put in on these rosters.
Thanks and what Capa said above is pretty much the procedure to follow. I'll actually be adding the '29 Cubs and the '34 Cardinals in a subset later on in the summer once I finish v 3.0.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75
Old 06-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #61
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Just had a exciting see-saw affair in Game #3 of my NLDS that saw the '54 Giants go up 2-1 on the '57 Braves.

After the Braves enjoyed an early 1-0 lead on a homer by Wes Covington, the hometown Giants came roaring back in the third. After a three base error by Hank Aaron that allowed Giants starter Ruben Gomez to scamper to third, Whitey Lockman drove him in with a single. Al Dark then belted a two run shot and Monte Irvin added a two out blast to make it 4-1.

The Braves exploded in the sixth for 6 runs highlighted by a grand slam by Eddie Mathews. The inning started with Johnny Logan getting plunked, and Del Crandell followed with a single. Bob Hazle delivered an RBI single pinch hitting for Braves starter Bob Trowbridge. Red Schoendiest beat out a bunt to load the bases for Mathews' granny. After adding one more run on a fielder's choice, the score stood 8-5.

Monte Irvin was chosen the game star, and he led the charge in the bottom of the fifth. He clubbed and RBI triple into right center to score Willie Mays. Mays later counted on a RBI ground out by Don Mueller to close the gap to 8-7.

In the seventh, Irvin got things going again for the Giants, hitting his second triple of the game and was plated by a Wes Westrum sac fly to tie the game. The Giants would go ahead for good in the eighth on a passed ball. With one out Lockman and Dark would hit consecutive singles to put runners on the corners. Lockman would score on an errant offering by Braves' reliever Taylor Phillips for the winning run.

I also have the AL for v 3.0 done. Should be ready for release by month's end.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 06-20-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 0

Once a podna of mine over at MVPMods did an analysis of which decade had the most Hall of Famers and the '50s won hands down.

Thus I reckon your mod reflects the quality of those '50s Teams!

GREAT Job !
Old 06-20-2016, 05:37 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can't wait to get the V3 with the 1991 Twins! Any timelines? I just got the game for Father's Day and am pretty new to this whole thing, so I am going to practice a little while I wait. Is it hard to download and install the rosters?
Old 06-20-2016, 10:37 PM   #64
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Congrats on getting the game! Downloading and loading rosters are a cinch. If you want to mix teams from the 3 different versions there's a bit more involved, but it's nothing difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdhen
Can't wait to get the V3 with the 1991 Twins! Any timelines? I just got the game for Father's Day and am pretty new to this whole thing, so I am going to practice a little while I wait. Is it hard to download and install the rosters?

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »