Home

The Game's Community Ratings Calculator

This is a discussion on The Game's Community Ratings Calculator within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #353
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The Game's Community Ratings Calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusaleen1
Ok so I got it to work perfect on my Mac. Just needs about 3 min to completely open and then everything works perfect.

Quick question, some of the ratings are over 99. For example, seen a few like 110 and 111. Is this normal, should I just set them to 99?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I set them to allow for going above 99 to aid in the weighted rating, which is what I recommend using. It takes into account the 4 year totals, but with emphasis weighed towards 2016-2017. And better yet, it's all weighted based on ABs or IPs. So a player isn't going to have as much of an effect on his rating if he has low ABs or IPs. In those cases, the weight goes towards the 4 year totals.

Calculator does take longer to load now due to how I'm calculating the player multiplier. For minor league players, they are having a multiplier applied but with numbers of ABs or IPs at each level to calculate that player's multiplier. So if a guy had 200 ABs this year at AAA and 100 ABs in AA, he'll get a higher multiplier based upon his time spent at AAA vs other levels.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:50 PM   #354
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
Yep, I set them to allow for going above 99 to aid in the weighted rating, which is what I recommend using. It takes into account the 4 year totals, but with emphasis weighed towards 2016-2017. And better yet, it's all weighted based on ABs or IPs. So a player isn't going to have as much of an effect on his rating if he has low ABs or IPs. In those cases, the weight goes towards the 4 year totals.

Calculator does take longer to load now due to how I'm calculating the player multiplier. For minor league players, they are having a multiplier applied but with numbers of ABs or IPs at each level to calculate that player's multiplier. So if a guy had 200 ABs this year at AAA and 100 ABs in AA, he'll get a higher multiplier based upon his time spent at AAA vs other levels.

Thanks for the thorough explanation. Love the calculator. Love the process of inputting the updates ratings too.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:25 AM   #355
MVP

OVR: 10

Just playing with this for the first time to create some teams from an independent league. Is it necessary that you have stats for every field in the Manual Calculator tab? The stats I have don't give me splits, extended, or SABRE stats. Just the basics. Will I not be able to use the calculator then?
Consequently, what is HR/550?
Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #356
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Just playing with this for the first time to create some teams from an independent league. Is it necessary that you have stats for every field in the Manual Calculator tab? The stats I have don't give me splits, extended, or SABRE stats. Just the basics. Will I not be able to use the calculator then?
Consequently, what is HR/550?
Thanks for any help.
I believe HR/500 is 550/ABs x HR ...roughly
Old 11-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #357
Rookie

I had a question about scaling for minor leaguers ... I did the manual calculator for Jo Adell ... but with his small body of work and that fact he has only played in the Rookie Leagues, it has him as contact of 99 for both RHP and LHP. How do I scale his stats down appropriately?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:03 AM   #358
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Game... Will you be adding 2017 season to your calculator?

Your calculator really improves my enjoyment of the game.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #359
Rookie

zkiesel's Arena

I'll add my voice to those who would love for the 2017 season to be added. OSFM plus these ratings would equal the perfect roster!
Old 02-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #360
Rookie

Nate497's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
Latest version of the MLB the Show Ratings Calculator is now available for download!

First, a special thanks to patsen29, who helped really take this thing to the next level. So many of the changes and improvements couldn't have been done without his expertise.

Second, there was a ton of data to sift through. I did more quality control for this version than ever before but if you encounter problems, please post them here.

So what will you get with this ratings calculator?

- Statistically based ratings for almost every rating in the game for nearly every player
- Pitch edits with special thanks to MBMavs & WTNY
- Minor league ratings for nearly any minor league player in the game
- Estimated player potential based on scouting, age, and current ability
- Batting tendencies for MLB the Show 17

Contracts are also included, but the batch source for these are not the best. Some players are correct, while others are not. It's best to double check these and if you know of a better source for contracts that I can copy in bulk, it will really help.

Lastly, if you like this MLB the Show Ratings calculator, please give the thread 5 stars.

Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!jxgRWKQS!DdeC_1byf...h0XZObUL0L3IDs
OMG this is awesome!! Especially when I realized about the manual calculator! which means we can do this for legends too for created rosters of the past. Right? I am right? Awesome!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »