Home

MLB 16 Prospect Stances/Motions

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Prospect Stances/Motions within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 16 Prospect Stances/Motions

Prospect Pitching Motion 1 – Mark Appel

My reasons: Glove position, leg posture, and overall rhythm of motion
Old 06-07-2016, 08:20 PM   #18
Rookie

vessel29's Arena

OVR: 0

As a Rangers fan I am about 99% sure that Prospect Stance 14 is Nomar Mazara. And I think that Prospect Stance is Lewis Brinson, at least that is what I use for him anyway.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7

He just made his debut today, but what do you think about Prospect 1 being Tim Anderson? Looks similar enough, just not as crouched. Bat wiggle is similar.

Edit: Nope, doesn't look like it. Checked the live roster and Almora has Prospect 1 assigned to him. Both have similar stances though.

Last edited by statdude; 06-11-2016 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:05 AM   #20
Rookie

Okay so first time poster, but big baseball fan and big on prospects I thought maybe some of these ideas can help. Now these are by no means perfect, but I think they are solid alternatives or possibly correct. These all fit the alphabetical order also. Here is my list:
-Orlando Arcia for stance 2(not great admittedly)
-Andrew Benintendi for stance 3 (I don't think Barreto matches it as you didn't seem sure anyway)
-David Dahl for stance 6 (better than devers imo)
-Jorge Mateo seems to fit stance 10 (Judge seems similar to Stanton honestly)
-Austin Meadows for stance 13
-Brett Phillips for stance 16 (AJ Reed might fit this one as well)

No clue on 9, 11 or 17. Or 14 for that matter if it's not Mazara.

Thanks, and hope maybe one of these will help you all out!
Old 06-11-2016, 02:13 AM   #21
Rookie

Also, I have possibly Ryan McMahon for stance 12 (like a C grade on this one but fits alphabetically if you take meadows over Margot at 13.)

Assuming 8 is Happ and 10 is Judge, I couldn't find many great prospects whose name would fit in between those. Possible fits among top 100 were Ke'bryan Hayes and Alex Jackson. Their batting stances didn't seem to match but I'm js their name fits.

Same applies to 17 as I believe 16 is Phillips and 18 seems to be Rogers. Possible name fits in between these are Victor Robles, Cornelius Randolph & Roman Quinn (using MLB . Com's top 100.) is Reed is 16 instead than only Robles would fit but his stance didn't seem to match 17 at all. So I'm out of ideas lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKralle7277
Also, I have possibly Ryan McMahon for stance 12 (like a C grade on this one but fits alphabetically if you take meadows over Margot at 13.)

Assuming 8 is Happ and 10 is Judge, I couldn't find many great prospects whose name would fit in between those. Possible fits among top 100 were Ke'bryan Hayes and Alex Jackson. Their batting stances didn't seem to match but I'm js their name fits.

Same applies to 17 as I believe 16 is Phillips and 18 seems to be Rogers. Possible name fits in between these are Victor Robles, Cornelius Randolph & Roman Quinn (using MLB . Com's top 100.) is Reed is 16 instead than only Robles would fit but his stance didn't seem to match 17 at all. So I'm out of ideas lol
Great work! I'll have to check some out. Just remember that a few stances from last year's game carried over as well, so if there was a top prospect that fell off the radar, they could have a stance
Old 06-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #23
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKralle7277

Awesome work! Updated the first post with your suggestions.

As far as Judge goes, I kind of feel Stanton has been a sort of lazy comparison by many. They see him as a similar player as far as body type and physical strength, but I saw a video on MLB.com from spring training and it was closer to prospect 10 than the one I had originally thought (which had reminded me of Stanton's stance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude
Great work! I'll have to check some out. Just remember that a few stances from last year's game carried over as well, so if there was a top prospect that fell off the radar, they could have a stance
Yeah thats why I have Colin Moran and Jesse Winker on this list. I recognized those from last years version

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 06-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #24
Rookie

I had seen somewhere (actually thought it was here), and after watching video it seems fairly legit, that Sean Newcomb is prospect windup 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »