Home

RBU version 16 now available

This is a discussion on RBU version 16 now available within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
RBU version 16 now available

Here is the new link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?vcl8jc6pw15od38

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes made to this year's version:

1) Draft class compilation: You now have the option of running a draft class for any year of your choosing. The "draft class" will include anyone drafted in the selected year (or signed as an undrafted free agent) who made it to the major leagues. Players will be placed on the team they broke into the majors with, and ratings adjusted with respect to how many years away from their rookie season they are (denoted by a negative sign in front of the "Yrs" column.

2) More accurate inclusion of minor league players: The "add future rookies" option has been eliminated and the compiler will add minor leaguers based on draft and free agent signings as discussed above. This will make for more accurate rosters. I obtained draft and signing information from the web but that information becomes more incomplete the further back in time we go (prior to 1950 or so), so if I had no info I simply made his "draft year" whenever he was 18 to 20 or so.

3) Reworked ratings: Made some minor tweaks to ratings calculations. Bunting ratings are now in line with the new scales they're using but I'm still doing work on this. I did, however, adjust the top end of the scale downward slightly to account for the ease of bunting found in the game. Defensive ratings now use team pitching totals (strikeouts, balls in play) to account for range factors and other metrics. Potential ratings have been reworked to account for longevity much the same way the actual game does. This means that a players potential will rise with age if he still has many years left in the majors.

4) Minor glitches and calculation errors corrected: I was able to solve (at least for me), the problem found in later versions of excel where the drop down menus were disappearing. I know some others were running into this, so please post here if you have additional issues.

*Also, you may notice some longer loading times. The yearly player files are much larger due to the addition of draftees, so it will take a little longer to compile roster files.

A special thanks to those in the community who have supported and encouraged this project. Again, please post if you have any questions.

Cheers,

JT

Last edited by JTommy67; 06-10-2016 at 09:50 PM. Reason: formatting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: RBU version 16 now available

Link updated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »