Home

1975 updated w/ RBU ratings and expanded rosters (now in vault).

This is a discussion on 1975 updated w/ RBU ratings and expanded rosters (now in vault). within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
1975 updated w/ RBU ratings and expanded rosters (now in vault).

I've just uploaded an expanded version of Knight's roster into the vault.

The roster now includes all players who were in the minors in 1975 and eventually made it to the majors, placed on the team they broke in with. This gives most teams anywhere from 45 to 65 players. The rest are generic placeholders.

I used three-year weighted ratings: 25% from 1974, 50% from 1975, and 25% from 1976.

I made some minor adjustments to a few faces before I realized that I'm not very good at face editing. Equipment was left largely untouched. Expansion teams have been filled with generic players set to league average ratings. I'll leave it up to others if they want to do anything with them.

The free agent list is filled with 120 real-life players who retired the year before (or played their last major league game).

This was another test for my RBU utility and I'm fairly pleased with the results. If you plan on using this roster I'd recommend swapping rosters for either the Diamondbacks or Rockies with an NL Central team, and either the Rays or Blue Jays with an AL central team to spread out the generic teams.

League-wide batting averages hovered around .263 to .265 for the seasons I simmed, which is a little high (actual was about .257 I think). I chalk this up to a number of factors, but most importantly is the fact that 4-man rotations and longer manager leashes can't really be reflected in the game. This means a larger number of innings thrown by inferior pitchers, both starters and relievers. Most other statistics I looked at were pretty much spot on for the era.

Anyway, enjoy. And a very special thanks to Knight for all his hard work.

Last edited by JTommy67; 06-27-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 1975 updated w/ RBU ratings and expanded rosters (now in vault).

I think possibly you uploaded the wrong roster set as I have downloaded it twice and it appears to be a very modern roster in the vault under your name as 1975 RBU Version.

This is a really a great idea and will be fun to play.

Oh, and are those weighted ratings used for ONLY minor leaguers and not those that played most of the time in the majors ?

Thanks,
Don
Old 06-26-2016, 10:42 PM   #3
Pro

Yikes. After exiting franchise mode I forget that it loads default/live rosters and saved that over my work.

I have a backup copy but need to make a few edits. Will upload tomorrow evening as its getting late for me now.

The weights used are for all MLB players. The players in the minors have their single-season rookie ratings adjusted according to how many years away from the majors they are. So if a guy's rookie season was in 1980 then he gets adjusted downward a little more than the guy who's rookie year was 1977, for example.

Sorry for jumping the gun. Check again tomorrow evening.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:33 PM   #4
Pro

Okay the file is up now.

A quick note on the expansion teams. They are filled with generic players so it'll be up to the user to figure out how to use those team slots or rename/edit the players.

I did, however, attempt to rate the players so these teams would be competitive, yet not too good. How they do really depends on the division they're in.

Enjoy.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #5
Banned

Great Roster Set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2020, 11:45 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Thanks for this, they sim out very realistically.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-25-2020, 12:38 PM   #7
MVP

What years vault is this set in?
Old 02-25-2020, 12:51 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
What years vault is this set in?
A&S has it under 19 in the List of Classic Seasons & Historical Roster thread.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »