Home

OSFM Hybrid Ratings/Potential Tweak

This is a discussion on OSFM Hybrid Ratings/Potential Tweak within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0
OSFM Hybrid Ratings/Potential Tweak

First off, I don't want to take any credit with this roster. 100% all credit goes to the guys who worked on the OSFM and the Hybrid rosters. I'm just here to tweak something that I see is a big deal. Basically, OSFM did the dirty work, hybrid did the huge tweaks, and I am here for the finishing touches. So yes, this roster is using th Hybrid 2.0 as a base.

The things I will be changing in this roster are the CON v L/R, POW v L/R, Plate Vision, Discipline, and Potential. In doing this I will also be tweaking the overalls. A quick explanation on my reading. In NBA 2k16, their potential rating dictates what the players overall will be in the future. They almost always reach their potential. In MLB the Show however, they don't always reach their potential. It depends on how close they are to it and their performance. So it more or less simulate a ceiling. So, the goal of this roster is to have prospects make more of a future impact, as the game still has the league dominated by current players 4 years into the future. The three things that bother me and my OCD self with the Hybrid roster are (and again, this couldn't be made without them):

1. A ball prospects being MLB ready (i.e. Anderson Espinoza being a 75 overall) Also, almost all singnificant pitching prospects are called up in the first season. I will fix that. This also applies to hitters. I want the MLB ready to be MLB ready, and the raw to be raw. Another example of tweaking pitchers is that it seems like all of the Dodgers pitching prospects are 80+ overall. Not anymore. I will use the current FV grade on Fangraphs' preseason prospect grades for the current ratings.

2. To compensate for the raw prospects, I will do a full potential rework via Fangraphs' preseason prospect grades again, but this time, the ceiling. For those unfamiliar with these grades, they put in 3 grades. Current, likely outcome, and ceiling. With this roster I will have the current grades in, the ceiling and the potential, and the players will come out near the middle likely outcome.

3. Lastly, this is the part where I could really use a parter in crime. I want to rerate some of the MLB players and potentials. I hate seeing MLB players with 30 contact. This is unrealistic. I would love to work on a ratings formula and then have a partner cover or at least help with inputting.

Now, I know that 99.9% of people are well into their franchises, including me. But my OCD self saw these issues and scrapped my franchise to work on an improved roster. But basically, I was going to do this roster for myself, so why just make it for me. If anyone would want to use it, I want them to. Also, I would love help. Now, I would suggest this over the Hybrid or OSFM rosters because it is more refined, but again, all credit to those guys.

Again, I would love help on this. With some help, I think these could be released in two weeks. If not, maybe a bit longer. But I strongly suggest that you stick with me. This thread will be updated constantly on my progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: OSFM Hybrid Ratings/Potential Tweak

Will this roster be brought up to date as far as where the teams will be at for playoffs? In other words, will these be like a playoff edition which would be absolutely awesome BTW.

PSN: BODYBAGCENTRAL
NBA 2K16: BEST ROSTER 2K17
Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

What rating do you give for a hitter who hits .263 and 18.4 ab/hr against righties and .281 and 19.1 ab/hr against lefties?
Old 08-16-2016, 12:49 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

I don't see how the potential ratings in OSFM Hybrid can be improved upon, frankly.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-17-2016, 04:23 AM   #5
Banned

Your partner in crime should prolly be Bravesfan. His steve marshall update of the osfm rosters are rerated using Jimbo's calculator and a combination of last years and this years stats, favoring the present more than the past. He's working on a new update right now but he has one that was released on august 7th, after the trade deadline. But he's done a full rerate of most ratings if not all of them which has boosted overalls(or dropped them in some cases).

I recently used the 25 man roster update he's been rerating to make a rtts optimized roster. Great young prospects and Stars that were placed in single a for being on the dl in real life are disappearing. Instead of being brought back to the mlb before the season starts like in franchise, they get written over by the players in your draft class. Its a great roster to play with in franchise(or rtts once fixed), prolly does a lot of what you're hoping to do so it would be a great base for you.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-2-update.html

Last edited by Vtownwaves; 08-17-2016 at 04:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Scott added 20+ edits for accessories , will that be added to this version of the roster? Thanks

PSN: BODYBAGCENTRAL
NBA 2K16: BEST ROSTER 2K17
Old 08-24-2016, 11:44 PM   #7
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

New update: I honestly feel like it is way too late in the year to start a roster project, so I greatly apologize to all of you. But, as I do see some people would be interested, I am planning on making these for next year. But unless I get some help, I don't see these coming out for this years game. But then again, if I get help, it could be a whole nother story.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:03 AM   #8
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
What rating do you give for a hitter who hits .263 and 18.4 ab/hr against righties and .281 and 19.1 ab/hr against lefties?
More to come later. Do not have the ratings details worked out + we would need past stats. Prospects are scouting report based, MLB players are stats based. Will probably use one of the calculators.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »