Home

Speed Score...

This is a discussion on Speed Score... within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2016, 11:12 PM   #1
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
Speed Score...

Hey, those who play around with formulas, and those who uses speed scores, do you actually use all 6 scores or do you skip some... I've heard some skip the Positioning, and/or the DP scores.

I've gone thru some players comparing those 3 (full, top 5 minus positioning, top 4 minus positioning and DP). Not sure what method to go with. They all have different results, some good, some not too sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Speed Score...

What I did for calculating the speed score in the game is as follows:

1. Calculate all six speed scores. I then multiply the six values each by 10 so the numbers are in the range 0 - 100.
2. Take the average of the six scores.
3. Throw out the high and the low (like in the Olympics) and calculate the average of the remaining four values - (This eliminates one really bad number throwing off the whole average.)
4. Take the higher of the values calculated under 2 and 3 above.
5. Multiply the value in "4" by a multiplier based on level. (AAA 0.95; AA 0.90; A and A+ 0.85)

The last step takes into account that the speed score will be going up as the player progresses.

Karle
Old 12-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
What I did for calculating the speed score in the game is as follows:

1. Calculate all six speed scores. I then multiply the six values each by 10 so the numbers are in the range 0 - 100.
2. Take the average of the six scores.
3. Throw out the high and the low (like in the Olympics) and calculate the average of the remaining four values - (This eliminates one really bad number throwing off the whole average.)
4. Take the higher of the values calculated under 2 and 3 above.
5. Multiply the value in "4" by a multiplier based on level. (AAA 0.95; AA 0.90; A and A+ 0.85)

The last step takes into account that the speed score will be going up as the player progresses.

Karle

Do you have that in a formula? I use Excel for my formulas and just let it do the work. Reading it gets a bit confusing especially the #4 and #5. The first 3 is clear though. I've researched online and I've seen your method..
Old 12-02-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Dear JaFFiTh,

I have formulas for the Bill James six speed scores, but that is easy to find on the internet.

Otherwise I just work out all the numbers with a calculator on a piece of paper.

Step 5 takes into account that the players "speed" numbers will increase as they move up towards the Majors which is not so realistic in real life.

Karle

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »