Home

TheGame & BDaniels Ultimate Ratings Roster

This is a discussion on TheGame & BDaniels Ultimate Ratings Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 05:47 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: TheGame & BDaniels Ultimate Ratings Roster

So, what do you with the CPU-generated draft picks that have high potentials?
Old 09-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #18
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

You wanted feedback, I’m going to deliver it. About the cardinals.

For the most part they seem to be right on. Piscotty has low defensive ratings, specifically arm strength, which is easily fixable and not too far off. He’s firing balls at near 100 mph this year, hugely upgraded from last. I usually set it to about 80 or so, usually works well.

Leake was too high. He gives up way too much this year.

Other than that, it’s mainly just seeing guys performing well in the second half and more like themselves and closer to their potential that make me adjust just a bit. Basically just a correction for the low performance early like Wong (speaking of, check out that dude's web gems the last week, some of the finest plays I’ve ever seen a second baseman make).

Glad to see a roster with minor league guys rated down so they don’t dominate the league early. But yet, they seem to reflect how the guys are doing in the majors. I looked at luke weaver, he had weird looking ratings and then I looked up his stats and couldn’t argue with the ratings at all. Seems like a great job, can’t wait to try them out.

You don’t care where I sent this from.

- Rick Wise
Old 09-12-2016, 02:17 AM   #19
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
You wanted feedback, I’m going to deliver it. About the cardinals.

For the most part they seem to be right on. Piscotty has low defensive ratings, specifically arm strength, which is easily fixable and not too far off. He’s firing balls at near 100 mph this year, hugely upgraded from last. I usually set it to about 80 or so, usually works well.

Leake was too high. He gives up way too much this year.

Other than that, it’s mainly just seeing guys performing well in the second half and more like themselves and closer to their potential that make me adjust just a bit. Basically just a correction for the low performance early like Wong (speaking of, check out that dude's web gems the last week, some of the finest plays I’ve ever seen a second baseman make).

Glad to see a roster with minor league guys rated down so they don’t dominate the league early. But yet, they seem to reflect how the guys are doing in the majors. I looked at luke weaver, he had weird looking ratings and then I looked up his stats and couldn’t argue with the ratings at all. Seems like a great job, can’t wait to try them out.

You don’t care where I sent this from.

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. Love hearing how fans of other teams feel about the ratings.

It's ALL based on hard data. There's no subjective ratings here. It's simply taking the calculations of others (mostly Banhzo and jimbo) with some of my own adjustments and building an updated calculator on that.

I'm not sure why it's not getting more traction, but that's fine. I feel like these are the best most objective ratings out there simply because there's no bias involved. You can download my calc to see exactly why guys are rated what they are.

Thanks again!
Old 09-13-2016, 09:58 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did the roster you uploaded have ratings adjusted for stats from this (2016) year or just starting with last year?

Thank you so much for your work here this stuff is amazing!
Old 09-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #21
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFigter
Did the roster you uploaded have ratings adjusted for stats from this (2016) year or just starting with last year?

Thank you so much for your work here this stuff is amazing!

Yes, 2016 stats up through the All-Star break are included. Thanks for the support!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »