Home

King's Ransom Information, ETA's & Suggestions

This is a discussion on King's Ransom Information, ETA's & Suggestions within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 10:53 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: King's Ransom Information, ETA's & Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerswingking
I just got home from work a few hours later than projected so there will be a delay but the rosters will still drop @ 7 pm pst
what time will it be up? still not up
Old 09-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #18
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth28
what time will it be up? still not up
I forgot they so many added SCEA players in the last update and that's had an impact on my ETA. I only have a few left to import, clean up and equip, then a quick quality control sweep and they'll be out.

It does take me a while to check some of the new guys out, especially the ones that might have player audio like Sean Burnett (he did not have audio) cause I have to put all of them in-game.

Midnight PST is my current feeling.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:06 AM   #19
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

If the roster is not up at midnight it will be up tomorrow, at 3:30 PM PST, essentially just pushing the set back 24 hours from original launch. If that roster is not up by midnight, it is finished but I will not have gotten a chance to run some tests.

If it does not come out at midnight I will still be up making adjustments, shoot me a message on PSN at PowerSwingKing, or on here or whenever, and I'll briefly make the unlabeled WIP beta set available to you in the vault.

Not going about it this way to be a pain in the ***, just need to do the proper checks and balances to my frantic work before loading an official version. There could easily be a duplicate player or something stupid and minor that got lost in the shuffle and takes 30 seconds to fix, so I'd rather make the roster low-key available to people who want it and give you a chance to enjoy it and give me a heads up if you are feeling any adjustments.

Stay tuned, we're still planning on getting this official release out at midnight PST though, never give up hope there is no clock in baseball!!!
Old 09-13-2016, 12:07 AM   #20
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Why was the post by Gia deleted? It may very well have been spam but i didnt even get a chance to see it?
Old 09-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #21
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Vol. 5 will be in the vault at or before 3:30 PM PST, that's a guarantee today as I'm already working on them this morning.

Will try to get a better list of the roster features going to give people an idea of what's coming but if I don't have time, just go give it a quick whirl you won't regret it!

Last edited by powerswingking; 09-13-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

Would love to see you put your efforts into a classic season. While solid, this roster doesn't offer anything different from the other more established OS rosters.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 09-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #23
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Would love to see you put your efforts into a classic season. While solid, this roster doesn't offer anything different from the other more established OS rosters.
Thanks I appreciate it. Classic Seasons are cool but I know little to nothing about the MLB prior to the era with Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa etc. Those were the guys I grew up with when I was playing tee ball and little league, and even though the video games weren't as detailed back then, I've pretty much played with every player I grew up with when they were active lol

To a casual baseball or MLB The Show fan you are probably right, none of the full minor rosters are going to be night and day differences at a glance because they have a lot of shared names and all attempt to portray baseball as it is right now. OSFM and many others do a good job of this, which can get complicated in and of itself when you realize the sheer size of the customization that is possible under the surface and that each set has its own pros & cons with different effects on gameplay/franchise experiences.

I wanted to make a roster set with the detail that the most dedicated baseball fan would appreciate. I wanted a set with a huge amount of variety in the look/feel/talents of players, while at the same time keeping everything in all 30 organizations aligned dead accurate with their current real life state. I have all the SCEA created players imported in and improved so you'll see correct career stats for all of them. I don't believe any other roster stays up to date with that. My free agent pool is all players who are legitimate free agents and I have all of them adjusted for attributes potentials and many of them for the correct equipment they last wore in game. Also players that were making bank and were released aren't still expecting those salaries, A-Rod will sign for under a million). I don't any roster goes anywhere near as deep into that as I did because free agents aren't something you typically even notice until you start digging into a franchise, easily missed but can be so important.

It's about the 'The Little Things' in The Show, take a look at your favorite team on this roster when I vault it in a couple hours and look closely at your players attributes, potentials, appearances, equipment, animations, contracts, ages, birthplaces etc. Check the faces of some of the created players, I didn't get a chance to work on all of them as much as I want but some of them look almost perfect. Check out my Keon Broxton that I modified from the base roster, check out Andrew Toles who isn't in on SCEA's roster in the game but looks and feels fantastic on mine. I've gently adjusted the appearance of almost every player SCEA created to make them look a tad more like their real life counterparts, or at least fixing some of these guys in SCEA updates who look completely demented lol. Many pitchers have their accurate batting gloves and bats. Hundreds and hundreds of equipment changes that you will notice immediately if play games in franchise because there are WAY too many players who use black and white shoes and other very basic non-branded equipment.

I get that this roster isn't going to change the life of every gamer and get me elected into presidential office over Trump and Clinton, but this set is built to work seamlessly with the new franchise mode morale system and is so consistent and detailed throughout that I hope everyone at least gives it a shot even if they are a lifetime DD gamer, because I think franchise mode really shows off what an amazing game the show is in all of it's glory. It also gives you some break time from all that online cheese

I just try to make sure every change makes it more likely that this set will deliver just a really authentic dope *** motha****in time and that anyone will feel like their club is accurately portrayed from the 25 man roster down to the young raw prospects and draft signings on the A teams using any team.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #24
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Rosters might be tentatively set back a half hour since I spent 4 days typing that last post smh
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »