Home

Looking for statistical-based rating formula for CAP-centric franchise

This is a discussion on Looking for statistical-based rating formula for CAP-centric franchise within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2016, 11:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looking for statistical-based rating formula for CAP-centric franchise

Hey guys.

I know a lot of roster editors keep their formulas close to their chests, but I figured it'd be worth asking.

When I was a kid my buddy had a wiffleball field built in his backyard. We would play 1-on-1, each of us playing as our favorite team. Over the years we obviously incorporated things such as retirements, rookies, roster changes, etc. As a result, we would delve deeper and deeper into our imaginations, coming up with backstories for fictional players, inventing batting/pitching stances, etc. We'd also create these players on MLB games.

Which brings me to this post's purpose. I hadn't owned an MLB game since about 2011. I recently purchased MLB 16, and would like to bring those characters to life in a simulation, stats-based format, playing alongside current MLB rosters. I really, really want to make it "realistic", and make these characters play true to where their stats would ideally fall. For instance, we had a SP named Jacques Macchio who would average around 180-200 IP, would fan about 200-220 hitters, walk around 100-120 hitters, and his ERA would sit somewhere between 4.25 and 4.50.

From my knowledge Stamina seems a pretty straightforward thing to calculate, as does K/9 and BB/9... Just sim a season, find a player who's IP, SO, and BB numbers mirror what I'm looking for, and that's basically where I want to be. What gets tricky to me is H/9, HR/9, and clutch. How much do these factor into overall runs allowed? How can I "guesstimate" what my ratings for these should be based on my conceptual interpretations of these players?

If anybody on here has some solid CAP rating formulas, or can point me to some, I'd be ecstatic to hear about them. I want to see my childhood creations come to life, so to speak.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Yngwie Swain's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Looking for statistical-based rating formula for CAP-centric franchise

Don't know if this is what you had in mind...but

Check out the bottom of the first post for the Google Drive link.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...alculator.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »