Home

#OSFM 17: Milwaukee Brewers

This is a discussion on #OSFM 17: Milwaukee Brewers within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 10:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: #OSFM 17: Milwaukee Brewers

I know every prospect won't make it in the game on the default roster, but I personally think all of the top 30 prospects should be on the 2017 minor league roster whenever it's all done for OSFM '17. Why would anyone want no name/scrub players that have no chance to make it to the majors just to have them in the game where we can have all top 30 prospects in the game instead. I've noticed some top 30 prospects missing last year when the first one came out.

I follow the MLB.com prospect list. Perhaps combine it with ESPN's list, etc. so we have everyone from the top websites that list top prospects.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #18
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers84
I know every prospect won't make it in the game on the default roster, but I personally think all of the top 30 prospects should be on the 2017 minor league roster whenever it's all done for OSFM '17. Why would anyone want no name/scrub players that have no chance to make it to the majors just to have them in the game where we can have all top 30 prospects in the game instead. I've noticed some top 30 prospects missing last year when the first one came out.

I follow the MLB.com prospect list. Perhaps combine it with ESPN's list, etc. so we have everyone from the top websites that list top prospects.
I personally follow exact roster for AAA and AA then A is the remaining 40 man roster/SCEA players that are on DL and not on 40 man, then the rest top prospects/top High A player or whatever. Scrubs or not, I want my farm team to be as accurate as real life.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #19
Rookie

steagles's Arena

Quote:

I hear this, but I'm sure all of those guys that won't be on the actual farm teams will be CAPs at the very least. I would probably go your route and replace scrubs, but you can still do that. Just a thought
Colts, Pacers, White Sox, Blackhawks, Cards, Vols
Old 03-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I personally follow exact roster for AAA and AA then A is the remaining 40 man roster/SCEA players that are on DL and not on 40 man, then the rest top prospects/top High A player or whatever. Scrubs or not, I want my farm team to be as accurate as real life.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Depending on your intentions for the roster there are different frameworks that work for everyone but I prefer trying to keep my set organizationally accurate as long as possible.

Problem with that is the scrubs have a tendency to come and go at the drop of a hat. Top prospects that were drafted or traded for by the current management team are the best and almost a sure thing to be in the organization all the way through the end of the season since the front office has skin in the game.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #21
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

I've got some Brewers news today:
David Denson has decided to call it quits to pursue a career as a personal trainer.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...ons-32217.html

Chris McFarland is likely ticketed for AA which is where he played for the majority of the 2016 season so he will be added to my 90 man roster.

Edit to the OP:
LF Denson removed
2B McFarland added

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter

Last edited by bacon96; 03-24-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #22
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

More Brewers news today!

Milwaukee has released a pair of veteran relievers, Joba Chamberlain and Ryan Webb.
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...ryan-webb.html

I've decided to add two relievers to my roster to help fill out the Opening Day Double-A roster. The two I've added are righties Tyler Spurlin and Josh Uhen.

I'm guessing there will still be more opt-outs and releases so hopefully that Double-A roster can be completed and I can start adding more missing prospects.

Edit to the OP:
RPs Chamberlain and Webb removed
RPs Spurlin and Uhen added

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter

Last edited by bacon96; 03-22-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:10 AM   #23
Rookie

All of these prospects in bold should make it to the OSFM 17 Brewers roster. No exceptions. I really don't care for Kodi Medeiros, Jake Gatewood both typical Melvin busts, and also Chad McClanahan is way young.

1. Lewis Brinson
2. Corey Ray
3. Josh Hader
4. Luis Ortiz
5. Isan Diaz
6. Trent Clark
7. Lucas Erceg
8. Brandon Woodruff
9. Mauricio Dubon
10. Brett Phillips

11. Marcos Diplan
12. Phil Bickford
13. Jorge Lopez
14. Jacob Nottingham
15. Cody Ponce
16. Ryan Cordell
17. Gilbert Lara

18. Kodi Medeiros
19. Freddy Peralta
20. Corbin Burnes
21. Josh Pennington
22. Monte Harrison

23. Mario Feliciano
24. Demi Orimoloye
25. Jake Gatewood
26. Nathan Kirby
27. Devin Williams

28. Michael Reed
29. Trey Supak
30. Chad McClanahan
31. Braden Webb
32. Trey York
33. Zack Brown

Last edited by packers84; 03-24-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #24
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
All of these prospects in bold should make it to the OSFM 17 Brewers roster. No exceptions. I really don't care for Kodi Medeiros, Jake Gatewood both typical Melvin busts, and also Chad McClanahan is way young.
That's not how this roster works.
I can make more CAPs of the guys who are missing but we are instructed to add all Double-A and Triple-A players and then to fill the rest with prospects. Trust me, I would prefer to put in more prospects but that's not how it works. If you would like to continue to complain, please complain on the #OSFM17 page where this conversation should've taken place. AA and AAA has always been the priority for each team and tbh I'm already too prospect heavy as is.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »