Home

#ShowSerious Full Minors

This is a discussion on #ShowSerious Full Minors within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
#ShowSerious Full Minors

Hello everybody,

The latest edition of what I'm calling the #ShowSerious Full Minors 40-man rosters was uploaded to the Roster vault on 3/15

THANKS

Last edited by ShowSavage; 03-15-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: #ShowSerious Full Minors

I love some of your ratings however I find your roster unusable considering 85% of the players are POTENTIAL rated a C or less. Basically no prospects. I have tried to overlook this however it is just to hard to watch Anthony Alford Lingering down at single a while a 61st round draft pick from 2010 is rated higher... or know that at the deadline If I need to trade an expensive veteran away for a couple of good young prospects... there aren't any. sorry this is a bust for me!
Old 01-30-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpinkster
I love some of your ratings however I find your roster unusable considering 85% of the players are POTENTIAL rated a C or less. Basically no prospects. I have tried to overlook this however it is just to hard to watch Anthony Alford Lingering down at single a while a 61st round draft pick from 2010 is rated higher... or know that at the deadline If I need to trade an expensive veteran away for a couple of good young prospects... there aren't any. sorry this is a bust for me!
That's something I'm working on, I think most rosters have way too many high rated potentials, that you don't really have the special guys stick out like they should.

85 percent of players should be rated a C potential or less based on how many real life players turn out to be above average major leaguers, so if what you said was correct then I'm pretty close to where I want to be. Sorry you don't like them. I believe Alford's potential is ranked a 79 as well....

Edit- Alford was a 78 potential. Urena was a 79

Tellez, Bichette, Pentecost, Greene, Harris, Zeuch, Reid-Foley are also ranked as C potential prospects

Almost every team has several B potential prospects, every team has a handful of C potentials. The Jays are one of the few teams without a B prospect but I don't know how you couldn't find a trade partner.

Last edited by ShowSavage; 01-31-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
Rookie

I'll have a final January update out in the next couple hours. If anyone has any specific examples of prospects they believe deserve a higher POT rating please make your case for that player.

I value community input because while I try my best and don't pay any extra focus to any single organization, it's tough to pack the amount of detail and accuracy that everyone desires for their favorite team to have in all the 30 clubs.

I am more than happy to implement recommendations as long as they are specific enough for me to verify with some sort of tangible evidence from data/video. If I can't directly make a change by looking at data or video of a player, make your case as best as possible and if there is some sort of baseball logic that I can follow, I will still be happy to tweak the set.

In tonight's update I've boosted Anthony Alford and Rowdy Tellez up to B potentials.

Rowdy also changed his number to #1 in real life yesterday, so we've honored his request in the roster set.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Sorry caulfield didn't catch what you said. Feel free to private message me with comments and suggestions as well that works just as good for me.

Here are some shots of Tellez, I made sure his equipment is for the most part what you'd expect to see him with and I spent some time updating his head size/shape and added a bit of detail. Not done with it but probably the version u will stick with for this version of the set.

Last edited by ShowSavage; 02-07-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
Rookie

These are my favorite kind of rosters, I have a couple of them myself and have spent tons of time on rating formulas etc. and also feel there needs to be more separation between the truly elite players (Trout, Kershaw et al) and your everyday regulars. The problem is the game doesn't follow the same ratings guidelines and after a few years in franchise the game created draft prospects are all far and away superior to anything you start with and your back at square one.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disk
These are my favorite kind of rosters, I have a couple of them myself and have spent tons of time on rating formulas etc. and also feel there needs to be more separation between the truly elite players (Trout, Kershaw et al) and your everyday regulars. The problem is the game doesn't follow the same ratings guidelines and after a few years in franchise the game created draft prospects are all far and away superior to anything you start with and your back at square one.
Thanks disk

Have you tried changing any of the players numbers up, and if so, what have you tried and did it work?

When I play franchise I do modify the draft class after the fact but unfortunately you're right about the franchise draftees from what I can tell. Modifying the draft class mostly fixes the issue you're talking about but I definitely can understand where someone might feel it hurts mode's immersion. I'm also not sure what the ideal distribution of talent/potential is for the standard draft so it's kind of up to each person to set it up to their liking.

It would be cool if the draft classes numbers were able to detect the roster base 'attribute curve' and blend in a way that worked seamlessly over the extent of the mode.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSavage
Thanks disk

Have you tried changing any of the players numbers up, and if so, what have you tried and did it work?

When I play franchise I do modify the draft class after the fact but unfortunately you're right about the franchise draftees from what I can tell. Modifying the draft class mostly fixes the issue you're talking about but I definitely can understand where someone might feel it hurts mode's immersion. I'm also not sure what the ideal distribution of talent/potential is for the standard draft so it's kind of up to each person to set it up to their liking.

It would be cool if the draft classes numbers were able to detect the roster base 'attribute curve' and blend in a way that worked seamlessly over the extent of the mode.
I have modified draft classes before and it's really no big deal but If I'm doing a more streamlined franchise I just don't want to take the time to edit so many players.

The idea of detecting average skill of the roster set loaded and building a draft around that would make franchise mode 100% better. I have a couple rosters were I "dumb down" all the pitchers so the game plays like the steroid era basically, but in a few seasons it's back to normal

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »