Home

#OSFM 17 Red Sox

This is a discussion on #OSFM 17 Red Sox within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: #OSFM 17 Red Sox

Take good care of Chris Sale
Old 02-14-2017, 06:08 PM   #10
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
Just taking a guess myself, but I'd go with Stankiewicz, Maddox, Romanski, Witte, Ray, and Mars as my 6 locks.

For the remaining players (10 left?) I think I'd go Pimental, Glorious, Kent, Acosta, Buttrey, Procyshen, Tobias, Baldwin, Monge, and Matheny.

I don't know what that would make our organization look like in game, so Baldwin/Monge can be flipped for guys like Rei or Cedrola in the interest of balance.

Really looking forward to seeing what gets accomplished this year.
Stankiewicz, Maddox, Romanski, Witte, Ray, Mars, Pimental, Glorious, Kent, Acosta, Buttrey, Procyshen, Tobias, Rei, Cedrola, and Matheny for our final 16?

That sounds good by me, and if we find others to switch out I don't think it will be too hard to do so.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:42 AM   #11
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, I think that's probably the best way to round out the system until we have the game in our hands, and able to work more in depth with it.

Either way, I think with the improvements to lighting on player faces, we're in for a treat.

I just hope it doesn't adversely effect development time, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2017, 11:10 PM   #12
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

I was wondering what you guys think of potential wise for players like Devers, Travis, and Groome? Any of them in the A category? The Sale trade and Benintendi being a full-time major leaguer now seems to have really depleted the farm
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 02-17-2017, 03:04 AM   #13
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I was wondering what you guys think of potential wise for players like Devers, Travis, and Groome? Any of them in the A category? The Sale trade and Benintendi being a full-time major leaguer now seems to have really depleted the farm
Devers and Travis are high B's to me, with Groome being an A. Devers could have a case at being an A potential as well.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:25 AM   #14
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

In my opinion, for what it is worth, I see the following: ( | indicates a break between high/med/low

A - Devers/Groome
B - Travis/Dalbec | Raudes
C - Chatham/Ockimey | Chavis/Longhi | Shawaryn/Cosart/Shaun Anderson

The rest of the players, in system, are high D's, low C's. Our depth has been hit hard, and outside of a few high potential guys in the DSL and stuff (guys in the Raudes mold), I think the large majority of our system is pretty much "meh" system filler.

It's worth noting that I believe Dalbec and Raudes have a good chance to become A level players with a strong year, whereas I think anyone with a C arguably has a case as a B with a similar strong year.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #15
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

I really looked hard for an Ockimey CAP towards the end of last year when he started to turn it on but sadly didn't find any, glad to see he'll be making the set this year! I also agree that's Devers could be a high B/low A I think it'll depend on how he does with the big boys in the spring cause I think he got an invite and I think it'll depend on where they assign him cause that will show what they think his development track will be
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2017, 10:32 AM   #16
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
In my opinion, for what it is worth, I see the following: ( | indicates a break between high/med/low

A - Devers/Groome
B - Travis/Dalbec | Raudes
C - Chatham/Ockimey | Chavis/Longhi | Shawaryn/Cosart/Shaun Anderson

The rest of the players, in system, are high D's, low C's. Our depth has been hit hard, and outside of a few high potential guys in the DSL and stuff (guys in the Raudes mold), I think the large majority of our system is pretty much "meh" system filler.

It's worth noting that I believe Dalbec and Raudes have a good chance to become A level players with a strong year, whereas I think anyone with a C arguably has a case as a B with a similar strong year.
Exactly this. This will likely be how our system looks for the opening OSFM roster set. Devers and Groome will both be A's. Travis, Dalbec, and Raudes will be B's and then need to figure out all the C's and D's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »