Home

My edits made to Phil Parent's 1994 OS Roster

This is a discussion on My edits made to Phil Parent's 1994 OS Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
My edits made to Phil Parent's 1994 OS Roster

hello,

I edited fielding/arm accuracy to reproduce better error stats when simulating. I also level out guys with wild split, like Thome and Ramirez on the Indians - as well as others. I edited pitcher ratings for guys that never did anything in MLB to reflect their failures (check the SP on SFG - Van Landingham).

The Roster is in the Vault as of today and their are two copies that you can download. Title is 1994 OS and they are in the Historic Section of the Roster Vault. For best sim stats, have starter stamina at 1 - reliever stamina at 3 - manager hook at 4 - and injury at 6.

Thank You
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: My edits made to Phil Parent's 1994 OS Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashbuggie
hello,

I edited fielding/arm accuracy to reproduce better error stats when simulating. I also level out guys with wild split, like Thome and Ramirez on the Indians - as well as others. I edited pitcher ratings for guys that never did anything in MLB to reflect their failures (check the SP on SFG - Van Landingham).

The Roster is in the Vault as of today and their are two copies that you can download. Title is 1994 OS and they are in the Historic Section of the Roster Vault. For best sim stats, have starter stamina at 1 - reliever stamina at 3 - manager hook at 4 - and injury at 6.

Thank You
Pet peeve of mine on classic roster sets...nobody gets close to Greg Maddux's pitch repertoire or velocity, fielding, bunt ratings in any of them. There's not any form of 2 seamer for Maddux on this one and that was his primary pitch. He threw a runner and either a 2 seam or sinker. I go with sinker. He topped out in '94 at around 92mph, fastball sat at 88-89. He won like 15 gold gloves in a row and he was the best sac bunter I ever saw.

Rant over.

I know it's just one player but this was arguably the best pitcher in the game that season.

Thanks for your work, though...sincerely.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
Pet peeve of mine on classic roster sets...nobody gets close to Greg Maddux's pitch repertoire or velocity, fielding, bunt ratings in any of them. There's not any form of 2 seamer for Maddux on this one and that was his primary pitch. He threw a runner and either a 2 seam or sinker. I go with sinker. He topped out in '94 at around 92mph, fastball sat at 88-89. He won like 15 gold gloves in a row and he was the best sac bunter I ever saw.

Rant over.

I know it's just one player but this was arguably the best pitcher in the game that season.

Thanks for your work, though...sincerely.
I just did ratings. I do not have the time, energy, or gumpton to do any more. I am thankful to those whom make these rosters and I do not ever want to disrespect them for their efforts. If you want to see better pitch repertoires, I suggest you download the "All-Time V 4.0" file and apply those edits to ur personal files.

Whom are you going to play with as Franchise ? I am choosing the Braves. You will need to correct sim stats in progressing seasons by altering sliders, if you do not want to see wildly inflated offensive numbers.

thanks
Old 03-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the info. I'm probably only going to use these for some playoff fun to pass the time until 17 comes out.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
Thanks for the info. I'm probably only going to use these for some playoff fun to pass the time until 17 comes out.
ok. their are a lotta great classic rosters out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »