Home

MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017

This is a discussion on MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #49
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MBMavs Pitch Edits 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKralle7277
Hey, i'm doing some edits to my roster so could i request some pitch edits for a few rookies? Most have a made a decent amount of appearances, so hopefully there is enough data. Thanks in advance & apologies if some of these guys are in there and i just missed them!

-Chase deJong (SEA)
-Sam Gaviglio (SEA)
-Miguel Diaz (SDG)
-Nick Pivetta (PHI)
-Justin Haley (MIN)
-Bobby Wahl (OAK)
-Ryne Stanek (TB-just got called up so probably have to wait for him)
As requested, every pitcher has been added to the spreadsheet. Ryan Stanek was the toughest because he has only thrown 27 pitches this year and he has only thrown 2 pitches so far so you will have to supply a third.

Thanks for the requests. I would like to update my edits when a new pitcher arrives in the Majors.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
As requested, every pitcher has been added to the spreadsheet. Ryan Stanek was the toughest because he has only thrown 27 pitches this year and he has only thrown 2 pitches so far so you will have to supply a third.

Thanks for the requests. I would like to update my edits when a new pitcher arrives in the Majors.
Thanks so much, i will go input them now. I may have some more guys soon to ask for or let me know & I can keep up with the call-ups and ask for them to get pitch edits!
Old 05-28-2017, 10:09 PM   #51
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

Awesome work, are these implemented into any of the rosters in the vault?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #52
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic75
Awesome work, are these implemented into any of the rosters in the vault?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes, the Hybrid roster set has used my pitch edits.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:15 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

A few more requests about guys who are rookies and have been called up! Some of these guys are new and only have 2IP or so but they are still in the majors so they will get more pitches and data points so you can hold off on them.

-Jordan Jankowski HOU (3.1 IP and sent down)
-Dinelson Lamet SDG (he is in the pitch edits sheet but only threw 2 pitches in ST whereas he has thrown 4 pitches now i believe)
-Hector Velazquez BOS (made one spot start)
-Tyler Pill NYM
-John Brebbia STL (2IP but still up... might have to wait for him)
-Eric Skoglund KC
-Ricardo Pinto PHIL (2IP but still up and also in your spreadsheet already but much increased velocity as a reliever)
-Reymin Guduan HOU (2IP but still up)
-Jason Wheeler MIN (3IP but DFA and sent down)
-Austin Bibens-Dirkx TEX
-Chad Bell DET (has ST '16 numbers but is throwing differently as a reliever this year with increased velocity)
-Bronson Arroyo CIN (since his last data was from 2014)
-Raisel Iglesias CIN (added velocity as a reliever)
-Alec Asher BAL (has added a cutter as his first pitch and didnt throw it at all last year. This one is just for me as a big Oriole fan)

Thanks as always for the great work and sorry about asking for so many guys & potentially adding unnecessary work for the minor updates

Last edited by KKralle7277; 06-01-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #54
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

@MBMavs20:

I'm using a version of the Hybrid that is missing Jordan Montgomery's 4 Seamer, which apparently has some rising action and is his #1 pitch:

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/landing.php?player=656756

Do you have, or plan to do, an update on his repertoire in your current spreadsheet?

For instance, does that 4 Seam of his move enough in your opinion to warrant that becoming a Running FB for the purposes of the game's implementation?

THANKS, as always, for your contributions!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 06-13-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #55
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKralle7277
A few more requests about guys who are rookies and have been called up! Some of these guys are new and only have 2IP or so but they are still in the majors so they will get more pitches and data points so you can hold off on them.

-Jordan Jankowski HOU (3.1 IP and sent down)
-Dinelson Lamet SDG (he is in the pitch edits sheet but only threw 2 pitches in ST whereas he has thrown 4 pitches now i believe)
-Hector Velazquez BOS (made one spot start)
-Tyler Pill NYM
-John Brebbia STL (2IP but still up... might have to wait for him)
-Eric Skoglund KC
-Ricardo Pinto PHIL (2IP but still up and also in your spreadsheet already but much increased velocity as a reliever)
-Reymin Guduan HOU (2IP but still up)
-Jason Wheeler MIN (3IP but DFA and sent down)
-Austin Bibens-Dirkx TEX
-Chad Bell DET (has ST '16 numbers but is throwing differently as a reliever this year with increased velocity)
-Bronson Arroyo CIN (since his last data was from 2014)
-Raisel Iglesias CIN (added velocity as a reliever)
-Alec Asher BAL (has added a cutter as his first pitch and didnt throw it at all last year. This one is just for me as a big Oriole fan)

Thanks as always for the great work and sorry about asking for so many guys & potentially adding unnecessary work for the minor updates
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. Been a busy summer so far.

Every guy in your post has been added or updated. Alec Asher according to Brooksbaseball has thrown his cutter 27% of the time as of today, and his 2 Seam fastball 38% of the time so his 2 Seam is pitch one and his cutter is pitch 2.

Keep those requests coming...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #56
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
@MBMavs20:

I'm using a version of the Hybrid that is missing Jordan Montgomery's 4 Seamer, which apparently has some rising action and is his #1 pitch:

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/landing.php?player=656756

Do you have, or plan to do, an update on his repertoire in your current spreadsheet?

For instance, does that 4 Seam of his move enough in your opinion to warrant that becoming a Running FB for the purposes of the game's implementation?

THANKS, as always, for your contributions!
Sorry it took so long to reply.

Yes, I updated Jordan Montgomery today for you. I did switch his 4 Seam to a Running Fastball because it has over 4 inches of horizontal movement. If it is over 4 inches I go with a Running fastball, under 4 inches I stick with the 4 Seam fastball.

Jordan's 4 Seamer may be missing from your hydrid set but it has always been listed on my spreadsheet.

Thanks for the request.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »