Home

Importing rosters

This is a discussion on Importing rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 05:00 PM   #25
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Importing rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
So it has been answered, David Ortiz becomes a randomly generated player who is exportable and editable. He has career stats and service time through the 2015 season. The same goes for Zack Wheeler, he becomes a randomly generated editable exportable player in a carryover franchise. As do Jose Fernandez and Yordano Ventura. Their player cards show up once you edit their first and last names to be correct.

EDIT: However, I tested out whether or not if you removed the audio name would the system pick up on them and have their storylines. Sadly this doesn't work but Yordano, Jose, David, and Zack all have their last names in the game and only Yordano doesn't have his first
It worked for me with Zack Wheeler, I got his player card to come up. not sure about Audio though because had not played a game with him, but the player card came up for him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #26
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
It worked for me with Zack Wheeler, I got his player card to come up. not sure about Audio though because had not played a game with him, but the player card came up for him
I was also able to get Zack Wheeler's player card to pop up once I changed his name back but I was not able to get the audio storylines I had hoped I would be able to
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 03-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #27
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
I was also able to get Zack Wheeler's player card to pop up once I changed his name back but I was not able to get the audio storylines I had hoped I would be able to
Doesn't surprise me I guess, he hadn't pitched since early 2015 and story lines were not in the game till 2016. A shame it just doesn't have his correct audio though and not just say his number. thankfully pitchers are not as bad when called by the number because it's only a couple times a game, where position players are called by their name a few times
Old 03-28-2017, 05:27 PM   #28
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Doesn't surprise me I guess, he hadn't pitched since early 2015 and story lines were not in the game till 2016. A shame it just doesn't have his correct audio though and not just say his number. thankfully pitchers are not as bad when called by the number because it's only a couple times a game, where position players are called by their name a few times
Zack and Wheeler are both audio name options so you don't have to worry about the announcers saying "Number 45"

Old 03-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
So it has been answered, David Ortiz becomes a randomly generated player who is exportable and editable. He has career stats and service time through the 2015 season. The same goes for Zack Wheeler, he becomes a randomly generated editable exportable player in a carryover franchise. As do Jose Fernandez and Yordano Ventura. Their player cards show up once you edit their first and last names to be correct.

EDIT: However, I tested out whether or not if you removed the audio name would the system pick up on them and have their storylines. Sadly this doesn't work but Yordano, Jose, David, and Zack all have their last names in the game and only Yordano doesn't have his first

Can you walk me through what I need to do to be able to export Ortiz and others, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #30
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgp074
Can you walk me through what I need to do to be able to export Ortiz and others, please.

First off you'll need a copy of MLB 16. Then, start up a franchise and make sure you turn CPU Roster Control ON and make sure David Ortiz is on the roster. Save this franchise and start up MLB 17. Load this franchise and go to your 1B position and you will have David Ortiz randomly generated here. The only problem is he will have service time and stats up to Opening Day 2016 so you'd have to sim a season with him if you wanted accurate service time and close stats. Hope this helps!

Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
First off you'll need a copy of MLB 16. Then, start up a franchise and make sure you turn CPU Roster Control ON and make sure David Ortiz is on the roster. Save this franchise and start up MLB 17. Load this franchise and go to your 1B position and you will have David Ortiz randomly generated here. The only problem is he will have service time and stats up to Opening Day 2016 so you'd have to sim a season with him if you wanted accurate service time and close stats. Hope this helps!

I can edit him there. But can I then export him to use him on rosters I am creating for offline play? The is no export option.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #32
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgp074
I can edit him there. But can I then export him to use him on rosters I am creating for offline play? The is no export option.

If you created a franchise with CPU Roster Control on, you'll have to scroll over to the "Acquisitions" page and click on the CPU Roster Control box and then select him and export him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »