Home

The Official 1996, 1997, and 1998 Roster Project

This is a discussion on The Official 1996, 1997, and 1998 Roster Project within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 08:09 AM   #17
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Official 1996, 1997, and 1998 Roster Project

I began the 1996 Yankees Season Replay after these dropped. What a lethal team!!!

So much fun Baumy. Look forward to 1997 and 1998 as well!!! Take your time man and enjoy paying the game for a while with these!!!

Once again. Great work.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-05-2017, 05:25 AM   #18
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

What's up guys. Sorry for the delayed update, I have been busier than anticipated and been moving at a slower pace than I would like.

I have been playing the 96 set too much and not creating as much haha. But in a way I am glad, because I have had to make some adjustments to the set that I am going to include here for those interested. Think of it as a manual update/patch you can enter to enhance the set. I highly recommend doing it, as I am a little upset with myself I lacked awareness on a few things I should not have.

This will not be the case with the 1997 set, which by the way will be a total blast! I will include the update details at the end of this post. Again, I strongly encourage you to make the changes, and I apologize for not nailing it the first time.

On to 97 though - It is possibly my personal favorite year in baseball. Just off the top of my head I know you see rookie versions of Bobby Abreu with Houston, Vlad, Mike Cameron, Jose Cruz Jr., Todd Helton, Bartolo Colon etc... Then you have the emergence of Nomar, Andruw Jones, Erstad, etc... On top of that you have the exciting Florida Marlins with accurate uniforms and stadium, plus an absolute filthy Cleveland team. Canseco comes back to join McGwire in Oakland and the Angels started using their new uniforms in this year. Cincy gets a speed boost from Prime Time in Center, Kenny Lofton takes his wheels to the Braves as they watch the best rotation in baseball fight for the title of best ever when Denny Neagle comes over as well. Up in Toronto reigning Cy Young winner Pat Hentgen loses Ace status to Roger Clemens while J.T. Snow and Jeff Kent join Barry Bonds in the bay. Not to be outdone in that neck of the woods the Padres complete a talented outfield of Steve Finley, Rickey Henderson, and Tony Gwynn by adding slugger Greg Vaughn. Other big outfields now see Chicago getting Albert Belle to join the stud Rookie Mike Cameron and Johnny Damon welcoming Chili Davis and Jermaine Dye in KC. Todd Zeile brings his power to the Dodgers, teaming up with Piazza, Karros, and Mondesi while Burnitz goes to make a name in Milwaukee. And that's just all off the top of my head! There are a lot of big named pitchers and future stars in the bullpen with this set too.

I am trying to get this done ASAP, believe me. But I have to take extra special care of the skin colors and as always, want every last detail to count. That's what is eating the time some, but it is worth it.

Without further adu, here are the recommended edits for 1996:

Spoiler

I'll keep working boys, and will try to pick up the pace.No one wants these done faster than me. Right now am on Minnesota for those wondering. Thanks for your patience and support. I am a sick man and am obsessed with perfection, or as close as I can get. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy what is done!
It makes me sad
I post the frog

Last edited by baumy300; 05-05-2017 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:37 AM   #19
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
My only franchise will be with the 96 set. Can't wait to start this Wednesday! (My next day off)
Awesome, I hope you enjoy it Skyboxer. Thanks for choosing this set. If you're already in season, I highly encourage you to check out some of the edits I posted. It should help enhance the experience. Good luck winning the Series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Gotta have them 97 Marlins! Can't wait!
Dude, you and me both. One of my favorite teams ever. I remember watching game one that year like it was yesterday. 12 year old me couldn't wait to see all the big names on both teams. Just the atmosphere at that time and with those teams still lives on with me and I'm a damn Twins fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_The_W
Any word on when the 1997/1998 project will start? I know they probably take a ton of time, just didn't know if it was in the near future or not. 1996 rosters are absolutely phenomenal, great work. Excited about eventually playing out that fun 1998 Home Run chase season.
No worries man. I'm on Minnesota right, but hoping to pick up the pace. I've played more with the 96 set than I should have, and just got busy with other things that took priority. But make no mistake, I am extremely ready to get these done, but I can't sacrifice quality for speed. 1998 will be amazing too man, so pumped for the expansion teams. And thank you, very glad I can allow people to relive some of the best years of baseball and our childhoods through these sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I began the 1996 Yankees Season Replay after these dropped. What a lethal team!!!

So much fun Baumy. Look forward to 1997 and 1998 as well!!! Take your time man and enjoy paying the game for a while with these!!!

Once again. Great work.
Thanks bro. I appreciate the praise, even though that's not why I do it, it definitely is nice to hear. I'm trucking along, can't wait to bring you the Marlins in this next set. Enjoy that 96 Yankees team, they are deadly all around.

Will try to stay in touch more, but play on until then!
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 05-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 3

Amazing work on these

May I suggest gettyimages as a great search gallery for player equipment reference. It will not only give you most players, but even date the photo most of the time.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 05-29-2017, 05:46 PM   #21
Rookie

kaybli's Arena

Great work on the 1996 roster!

Waiting on that 1998 roster....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 06:38 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybli
Great work on the 1996 roster!

Waiting on that 1998 roster....
Yes, I really want to relive that 1998 Home Run Race
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 05-30-2017, 06:44 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300

On to 97 though - Just off the top of my head.... rookie Bobby Abreu with Houston, Vlad, Mike Cameron, Jose Cruz Jr., Todd Helton, Bartolo Colon etc... Then you have the emergence of Nomar, Andruw Jones, Erstad, etc... On top of that you have the exciting Florida Marlins with accurate uniforms and stadium, plus an absolute filthy Cleveland team. Canseco comes back to join McGwire in Oakland and the Angels started using their new uniforms in this year. Cincy gets a speed boost from Prime Time in Center, Kenny Lofton takes his wheels to the Braves as they watch the best rotation in baseball fight for the title of best ever when Denny Neagle comes over as well. Up in Toronto reigning Cy Young winner Pat Hentgen loses Ace status to Roger Clemens while J.T. Snow and Jeff Kent join Barry Bonds in the bay. Not to be outdone in that neck of the woods the Padres complete a talented outfield of Steve Finley, Rickey Henderson, and Tony Gwynn by adding slugger Greg Vaughn. Other big outfields now see Chicago getting Albert Belle to join the stud Rookie Mike Cameron and Johnny Damon welcoming Chili Davis and Jermaine Dye in KC. Todd Zeile brings his power to the Dodgers, teaming up with Piazza, Karros, and Mondesi while Burnitz goes to make a name in Milwaukee. And that's just all off the top of my head! There are a lot of big named pitchers and future stars in the bullpen with this set too.

That was remarkable. Try to do one for 1998!
Old 05-30-2017, 07:31 PM   #24
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Almost at the All-Star break with the 1996 Yankees as we cling to a 3.5 game lead on Baltimore and an ever fast closing Red Sox team at 5.5 games.

Speaking for those ****ers from Boston they came into The House that Ruth built and have won two straight by a combined score of 28-9

Pure misery.

Gotta win that 3rd game to at least save face.

In game one they had a 10 run first inning it was insane yet awesome at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »