Home

The Official 1996, 1997, and 1998 Roster Project

This is a discussion on The Official 1996, 1997, and 1998 Roster Project within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #25
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Official 1996, 1997, and 1998 Roster Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Amazing work on these

May I suggest gettyimages as a great search gallery for player equipment reference. It will not only give you most players, but even date the photo most of the time.
For sure. Already a step ahead of you though dude. Getty comes up big for me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybli
Great work on the 1996 roster!

Waiting on that 1998 roster....
Thanks man. It's definitely on the way. Don't sleep on 97 until then though! It's a good set to hold you over for the big dog haha.

Quote:
That was remarkable. Try to do one for 1998!
Deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Almost at the All-Star break with the 1996 Yankees as we cling to a 3.5 game lead on Baltimore and an ever fast closing Red Sox team at 5.5 games.

Speaking for those ****ers from Boston they came into The House that Ruth built and have won two straight by a combined score of 28-9

Pure misery.

Gotta win that 3rd game to at least save face.

In game one they had a 10 run first inning it was insane yet awesome at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Haha, dude I can believe you got shelled like that. Boston had some good pop in the bats, especially with Vaughn and Canseco back to back. I'm sure you'll recover though, the Yanks are too good not to.

Alright though, I better get down to brass tacks here guys:

Running a bit behind schedule with 97. Between work, moving, buying a home, some kind of social life, etc... I have been busier than normal.

However, it's only a slight delay. I wanted 97 done this weekend but it will probably be mid week. It looks good though, I am very happy with it and I hope you will be too.

98 is coming right up and I'm hoping to get it done quicker. As much as I love creating, it has taken its toll on me and I don't want the work to suffer.

As always, will be back with updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 02:55 AM   #26
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Hey guys, 1997 is in the vault, ready to rock under "1997 Complete 25 man set" for those interested.

It looks good IMO. Been enjoying the hell out of it so far and I hope you all do too.

Enjoy.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:34 AM   #27
Rookie

kaybli's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Hey guys, 1997 is in the vault, ready to rock under "1997 Complete 25 man set" for those interested.

It looks good IMO. Been enjoying the hell out of it so far and I hope you all do too.

Enjoy.
Thanks baumy!
Old 06-09-2017, 11:36 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 3

Thanks so much for this. I have a whole household that relies on playing with your classic rosters each year. I think 1998 will end up being the one I use for a franchise of hat is in fact the latest one you do for the year.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 06-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #29
Banned

then you must be full of merry-ment and rejoicing throughout the valleys of Pennys-ville !!!!
Old 06-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #30
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybli
Thanks baumy!
You're welcome man.

Quote:
Thanks so much for this. I have a whole household that relies on playing with your classic rosters each year. I think 1998 will end up being the one I use for a franchise of hat is in fact the latest one you do for the year.
Really? That's awesome man. I know how much I enjoy them, so it feels good knowing others might too.

Well I won't let you down then haha. Going to start on 98 either tonight or tomorrow.

I almost forgot how filthy rookie Kerry Wood was. He set strikeout records in his first month or so. Him and Sosa on the same team, Galaragga and rookie hurler John Rocker team up, Boston gets some Cy Young winners with Pedro and Bret Saberhagen, Greg Vaughn goes mashing with San Diego, Piazza heads to NY, and of course McGwire goes on a tear.

I'll post you a more complete overview later. 1998 is definitely one of the best years ever in baseball, hands down.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #31
Banned

baumy: great work, as always. how accurate are you pitch ratings/pitches the fellas throw ?
I would imagine it is hard to gather such info at this point.

How long do you think 98 would take you to do ?
I would like to put together a small team to do some minor edits to get perfect sim stats - would you think this be a good idea ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #32
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashbuggie
baumy: great work, as always. how accurate are you pitch ratings/pitches the fellas throw ?
I would imagine it is hard to gather such info at this point.

How long do you think 98 would take you to do ?
I would like to put together a small team to do some minor edits to get perfect sim stats - would you think this be a good idea ?
Actually it was pretty easy to get the pitch types and speeds for about 90% of them. There's a book out with them in it. Very good and accurate.

I have no idea man, haven't even started it yet. If you are looking for different numbers from the pithing attributes, that's cool if you tweak them to your liking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »