Home

MLB THE SHOW 17: SCEA Added Players

This is a discussion on MLB THE SHOW 17: SCEA Added Players within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2017, 11:38 AM   #41
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB THE SHOW 17: SCEA Added Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I was curious if anybody had any explanation for career stats not showing up for veterans SCEA creates and adds back in. Eric Thames, Cesar Valdez, and Chris Marrero all come to mind as players who have accurate service time but no career stats. Anybody know why this is occurring/is it happening to other people?
It is just an over looked thing that happens sometimes with SCEA when adding some players in there weekly update.

Last year on MLB 16 the following didn't get there career stats or teams played for.

Brandon Allen CIN
Josmil Pinto MIL

I think there was a few more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #42
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
The reason they removed Howard and a few others a week or 2 ago I was told he didn't have room to add the newer players so they half to take players off to add in the rookies etc.

I would imagine each week there will be guys taken off the game and this is why I no longer do my height and weight list I use to do to get those changes added into an update and use that for my roster building.

I have decided since last year to just use DEFAULT rosters before they begin removing real players. Sure some height and weights are wrong but they have gotten better this year from years past about that area.

Last year in the beginning one update they removed a total of 20 real players so right then I decided from now on to just use the DEFAULT rosters. I really wish one day we get to either clone real players to use them on any rosters we want or we can at least export real players onto any roster we want.
Ok thanks. Why can't they just remove a generic player instead of a real player like Howard. OSFM V3 is gonna use one of the updated live rosters as the base and it would be too bad if it had any missing SCEA players.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:24 PM   #43
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Ok thanks. Why can't they just remove a generic player instead of a real player like Howard. OSFM V3 is gonna use one of the updated live rosters as the base and it would be too bad if it had any missing SCEA players.

I agree with you, and I have mentioned it to a SCEA developer on several occasions. The point year to year is to get as many real players on the game as possible not remove any. One thing that's I have hated has always been them taking players off that was injured the year before , but this doesn't always go for every player for some reason. Some stay regardless if they played or not when others get removed.

I still think and always put it in my wish list each year that ever since they started adding legends in the free agent area we suffer with that space being taken up with players I would never use, but I know others may. They still need to add another free agent column.

The way it was in the past.

There were 40 players in FREE AGENTS 1

There were 40 players in FREE AGENTS 2

There were 60 players in FREE AGENTS 3

Then you could create 19 slots by creating players pitchers and batters.

159 spaces available.

*This was all before they put legends there.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:36 AM   #44
MVP

Houston's Arena

No Players added this week.

But they did fix Eric Thames,Chris Marrero, Anthony Bass and Cesar Valdez career stats on there player card.

I have not went over the roster completely to see if there were any other changes, but to let some of you know 2 more players were removed this week.

Last edited by Houston; 05-06-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #45
Pro

Ripner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
I'm pretty sure this is due to MLBPA rules. A player is no longer active / part of the MLBPA if they haven't played in a year in a pro game or something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2017, 03:20 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripner
I'm pretty sure this is due to MLBPA rules. A player is no longer active / part of the MLBPA if they haven't played in a year in a pro game or something like that.
I dont know why they choose who they choose but I'm pretty sure its not this.

A Work in Progress
Old 05-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #47
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
No Players added this week.

But they did fix Eric Thames,Chris Marrero, Anthony Bass and Cesar Valdez career stats on there player card.

I have not went over the roster completely to see if there were any other changes, but to let some of you know 2 more players were removed this week.
One player was actually added back as a real player, T.J. McFarland on D-Backs.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #48
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

hey guys I've completely remade Eric Thames and posted in the vault. He's my own and I started from a generic face. Happy with the result
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thames.JPG (33.5 KB, 93 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »