Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #873
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

I know we have the awesome 1987 90-man set, was just curious if anyone else was working on a full 90-man roster? I like using these classics in Franchise with all player's being real if possible.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #874
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy
I know we have the awesome 1987 90-man set, was just curious if anyone else was working on a full 90-man roster? I like using these classics in Franchise with all player's being real if possible.
Maybe you can start the adventure of a lifetime, and begin the 90-Man journey, roster creation. Keep us posted, please, if you begin this splendid sojourn.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #875
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
And that was 90s baseball, everyone likes to call it there steroid era, but I like to call it the love of the game. Everything you explained you seen put out on the field, now there's nothing but cry babies on the field of sports all around, demanding what they (wont) do.

Instead of asking what they can do to help there team. That's what made basketball,baseball and football to me so awesome in the 90s vs today's style.

Appreciate the work bro.

Yes sir, I am 1,100% with you but will hold my hold my tounge on the matter to avoid controversy haha. But yes, growing up in that era and experiencing pro sports was nothing short of magic. Especially in that pre/early internet era without smart phones and social media. Just life itself was different. (Sent from my smart phone)

Anyway, what you would likely rather know - All done with 95, 96, and 97 while about 50-60% done with 98.

Played 4 games with the new ratings and so far so great. Really feeling them. Lost my first 2 games and got shut out with the 96 Mariners by the Brewers in one. Got two hit with the slower Brian Hunter (double) and Joey Cora getting hits. Won the last 2 though, one with the 97 Red Sox over Montreal like 8-2 I think including a Garciaparra HR.

Forgot to mention earlier I changed the stances and deliveries on about 10-12 players (Merced, Pagnozzi, Todd Stottlemyre, etc...) because some were just too distinct and irregular that they always bothered me and prompted the switch to something more "traditional." So those fixes will be in all sets as well.

Will post again when completed gents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #876
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yes sir, I am 1,100% with you but will hold my hold my tounge on the matter to avoid controversy haha. But yes, growing up in that era and experiencing pro sports was nothing short of magic. Especially in that pre/early internet era without smart phones and social media. Just life itself was different. (Sent from my smart phone)

Anyway, what you would likely rather know - All done with 95, 96, and 97 while about 50-60% done with 98.

Played 4 games with the new ratings and so far so great. Really feeling them. Lost my first 2 games and got shut out with the 96 Mariners by the Brewers in one. Got two hit with the slower Brian Hunter (double) and Joey Cora getting hits. Won the last 2 though, one with the 97 Red Sox over Montreal like 8-2 I think including a Garciaparra HR.

Forgot to mention earlier I changed the stances and deliveries on about 10-12 players (Merced, Pagnozzi, Todd Stottlemyre, etc...) because some were just too distinct and irregular that they always bothered me and prompted the switch to something more "traditional." So those fixes will be in all sets as well.

Will post again when completed gents.
This sounds so awesome, I haven't started a season yet with your sets, I was until I seen the rerates and tweaks, so mainly play now for me atm and trying to hold out for a nice trade deadline set to start my current season. I'm debating starting we ith that hybrid v2 but with the malcadoo trade and other looming I'd rather wait, so no more trades and can start from where the are. Roster work sounds awesome looking forward to it.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #877
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro32
I have 2001 half-completed, w/ Service + Stats.
1994, and 2007 have stats that are a bit inflated.
1992 has Service + Stats as good as 2001.

2001 has custom ratings, and if someone wants to help me, we can do the same for 1992. All 4 are in roster vault.

Baumy: You can use my 1992 and we can make your rosters truly classic, bro. Thx for all your work, everyone.

Thumbs-up in the vault to all of us.
Missed this the first time through my man, but thank you for the idea. Obviously feel free to add to them as well as you see fit. Everything you're posting sounds awesome, especially if I ever do that 1991 season I've toyed with (Twins) but never find time for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
This sounds so awesome, I haven't started a season yet with your sets, I was until I seen the rerates and tweaks, so mainly play now for me atm and trying to hold out for a nice trade deadline set to start my current season. I'm debating starting we ith that hybrid v2 but with the malcadoo trade and other looming I'd rather wait, so no more trades and can start from where the are. Roster work sounds awesome looking forward to it.
Very cool, play now is how I roll as well most the time but of course Season/Franchise is always the goal. People say the stats were coming out fine in those modes so I'm banking on these edits only improving the experience with my biggest concern being over-inflation of stats. Still confident however that nothing should be watered down to the point of overkill while allowing .330+ plus hitters and big power guys to consistently perform as such. Same goes for stud and dud pitchers. Excited for you to try them as well, will keep chipping away. Being summer and all I've got that itch lol.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #878
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Missed this the first time through my man, but thank you for the idea. Obviously feel free to add to them as well as you see fit. Everything you're posting sounds awesome, especially if I ever do that 1991 season I've toyed with (Twins) but never find time for.

Very cool, play now is how I roll as well most the time but of course Season/Franchise is always the goal. People say the stats were coming out fine in those modes so I'm banking on these edits only improving the experience with my biggest concern being over-inflation of stats. Still confident however that nothing should be watered down to the point of overkill while allowing .330+ plus hitters and big power guys to consistently perform as such. Same goes for stud and dud pitchers. Excited for you to try them as well, will keep chipping away. Being summer and all I've got that itch lol.
Ha ha well last time you got the itch you pumped out 96 and 97 outta no where. I see the greatness even in play now, I can only imagine the full season mode.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #879
Banned

OVR: 0

2001 Update:

All Players + Prospects added.
About 43-players per team and plan to increase to a 60 + Man Roster File.

All Players have Service + Stats + Realistic Ratings, using my Custom Scale.
I am also adding Pitch Edits.

About 70% Currently Done.
WIP file(s) in Vault for 2001.

Btw, MAJOR UP's to Baumy, James, Big_E, PJ, Abotti and others for making 2001 possible.

Last edited by Pedro32; 07-18-2018 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #880
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I played a game with the 1996 file today. Marlins (cpu) at Braves (me). I won 4-3 - led 1-0 on a Chipper Jones HR. Was trailing 3-1 (in the 3rd) when Chipper went yard again (5th inning). Bottom of the 8th - still down 3-1, I got back-to-back HR's, notably a 446 foot bomb from Fred McGriff. Mark Wohlers got a ground out, but then gave up back-to-back singles. 1st & 3rd - one out. Got a huge K, and then a liner to left caught for the final out. Glavine the winner - 7 innings, 7 hits with 8 K's. John Burkett pitched well, but I got to their bullpen late. Another very fun game!

And I'm loving the 2001 roster, Pedro32! GREAT stuff and very much appreciated!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »