Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #481
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
You need a roster that can allow for full 90 man rosters to be drafted.

A lot of the classic rosters have 25/40 man rosters but then have generic players filling out the rest.
I actually have no problem with generics filling out some of the minors. I would simply make sure those guys aren't playing in the bigs. What I don't want happening is seeing current names on a 1980s roster, that's a bigger problem to me. And without a way to run a franchise with fewer teams I'm not sure there's a workaround
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #482
Rookie

I did a fantasy draft with my "WARzone" roster this morning. Turned out great. There's so many stars that I got Griffey, bonds and piazza first 3 picks. Minors are full of real players too. Mostly more good former players that aren't good enough for the MLB but that's fine with me. I'm only concerned about the MLB. I thought my team was stacked until babe Ruth pitched a shut out against me. Maybe I suck! Might try drafting with the 90-07 roster too since it's right in my wheelhouse but I'm afraid I'm too spoiled with the all time team I got. Either way, historic rosters is the only way to go. Don't think I can go back to real life current rosters ever again haha.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #483
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHask88
I did a fantasy draft with my "WARzone" roster this morning. Turned out great. There's so many stars that I got Griffey, bonds and piazza first 3 picks. Minors are full of real players too. Mostly more good former players that aren't good enough for the MLB but that's fine with me. I'm only concerned about the MLB. I thought my team was stacked until babe Ruth pitched a shut out against me. Maybe I suck! Might try drafting with the 90-07 roster too since it's right in my wheelhouse but I'm afraid I'm too spoiled with the all time team I got. Either way, historic rosters is the only way to go. Don't think I can go back to real life current rosters ever again haha.
That 1990-2007 Flashback Fantasy roster is a real treat. I am in love with my team.

This has been the greatest year for rosters since MLB The Show 12. The roster community really outdid themselves.

I am so grateful for all of them. It makes this the greatest sports game and community.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-24-2018, 10:53 PM   #484
Rookie

This year, I want to start early on a full 90-man roster and try to actually finish it. Has there been any discussion of particular seasons that people want to see? I was looking at possibly one of the two strike seasons ('81 or '94), but I'm honestly pretty wide open. Any suggestions?

Last edited by fcf250; 02-24-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #485
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
That 1990-2007 Flashback Fantasy roster is a real treat. I am in love with my team.

This has been the greatest year for rosters since MLB The Show 12. The roster community really outdid themselves.

I am so grateful for all of them. It makes this the greatest sports game and community.
Agreed! Too many rosters, not enough time! I want to actually play every single game of a full season this year. I want to do a fantasy draft for sure, but can't decide which roster to use. 90-07 is my favorite era for baseball as I was born in 88, but using all time legends would be fun too. I also like using the in game legends, which the 90-07 roster doesn't offer. It's still an amazing set, but the players can't look any more realistic than the ones in game. It's also hard to do a draft one time and stick with that team the whole year knowing it could have gone so many different ways haha. Legends overload. This is a good problem to have, but what to do what to do...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #486
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm very pleased to announce my 4 decade classic roster project is complete. I just uploaded the Classic Millennium set which contains the best teams from 2000-2009. It now joins the Classic 70s, 80s, and 90s in the vault. Check my thread for teams, download and enjoy.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 02-25-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:47 PM   #487
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for their work for these. On MLB 16 I'm deciding between the '87 and '07 rosters. As a Mets fan they're especially appealing given the promise (and resulting disappointment) that the team had at those times. Growing up playing RBI Baseball on NES the 87 set strikes a sweet spot, but the idea of Wright/Reyes going through their prime...oh man.

Wish I had MLB 17 for that 90-07 fantasy draft roster alone. I had been on the fence before, maybe I pick it up and port over my fantasy drafted Padres (2018 offseason) franchise and give it a go.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:31 AM   #488
Pro

jemyers1975's Arena

OVR: 2

Has anyone heard or do you know if this year if you can import/export the complete roster file? It would be so nice and save about a month of work instead of each individual player, just importing and exporting one team at a time would be awesome. If it’s not in this years version I hope it happens soon !! Instead of spending a month or 2 on 1987 again I would like to start working on another 90 man roster but with all they time you spend on one single roster you lose interest pretty fast honestly. And this year with create a batting stance I plan on spending a little bit more time improving 1987 the import and exporting individual player by player is just to tidious though but much better than starting over like we use to have to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »