Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #473
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

Just posted my update to the 1998 set in the vault for those interested.

It's a minors set with full AAA teams and lots of other little things. Check er' out!
Old 02-17-2018, 09:58 AM   #474
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Very nice job baumy.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 02-17-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #475
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been loving KBunny's 1987 rosters, I'm doing franchise. Had me thinking about what other seasons might be fun to try. Now that I see this thread, I'll have to dig through and try some of these!

I was thinking a little earlier in the 80's might be a lot of fun, with young versions of guys like Gwynn, Boggs, Sandberg, Mattingly...so the 1985 might be great for that.

Next up I think something from the 60's should be a blast, I'm not very familiar with the era other than superstar names, so playing through a fantasy draft or something could be a blast! I learned a lot about hockey history playing fantasy leagues all the way back to the 40s, so it might be a lot of fun to learn a bit about baseball's history this way, too.

On that note, is it possible to use say the early 60's roster and run franchise with fantasy draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #476
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradusketch
I've been loving KBunny's 1987 rosters, I'm doing franchise. Had me thinking about what other seasons might be fun to try. Now that I see this thread, I'll have to dig through and try some of these!

I was thinking a little earlier in the 80's might be a lot of fun, with young versions of guys like Gwynn, Boggs, Sandberg, Mattingly...so the 1985 might be great for that.

Next up I think something from the 60's should be a blast, I'm not very familiar with the era other than superstar names, so playing through a fantasy draft or something could be a blast! I learned a lot about hockey history playing fantasy leagues all the way back to the 40s, so it might be a lot of fun to learn a bit about baseball's history this way, too.

On that note, is it possible to use say the early 60's roster and run franchise with fantasy draft?

Welcome to the Classic Roster thread!. SO very few classic rosters are created for franchise play. Most (95%) are 25-40 man rosters that you can replay one season with in “Season” Mode.

Jethro/JMyers 1987 90 man roster is designed for full franchise play as well as the 2007 full minors and the 1992 full minors set.

Baumy has updated his 1998 set to be playable in franchise as well.

For fantasy draft franchise I would suggest the 1987, 2007 and 1992 and the latest one is a 1990-2007 era roster designed specifically for fantasy draft.

Have fun. There are numerous amazing classic seasons and all time sets here.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #477
Rookie

My Historic roster set "WARzone" is now in the vault. Once again that's Sc73ray's all time war roster, duplicate players deleted and several players added based on WAR and others I thought belonged. Sc73ray has the most realistic CAPs imo, so all the best players are top notch and a lot of the added ones from other rosters look good as well.

I plan on doing a fantasy draft with this myself. Turn on Legends in franchise to get all time negro league players.

I just deleted, copied and pasted and did some research on players and this took weeks! Props to all the guys that create all time rosters from scratch. I can't even imagine. If even just a few other people enjoy this roster it will have felt worth my time.

WARzone by JHask
Old 02-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #478
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Just posted my update to the 1998 set in the vault for those interested.

It's a minors set with full AAA teams and lots of other little things. Check er' out!
Yeah just a complete retro roster franchise ready with minors, accurate appearances, and excellent sim stats. No biggie.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #479
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Welcome to the Classic Roster thread!. SO very few classic rosters are created for franchise play. Most (95%) are 25-40 man rosters that you can replay one season with in “Season” Mode.

Jethro/JMyers 1987 90 man roster is designed for full franchise play as well as the 2007 full minors and the 1992 full minors set.

Baumy has updated his 1998 set to be playable in franchise as well.

For fantasy draft franchise I would suggest the 1987, 2007 and 1992 and the latest one is a 1990-2007 era roster designed specifically for fantasy draft.

Have fun. There are numerous amazing classic seasons and all time sets here.
Out of curiosity, what makes a roster "fantasy draft ready" as compared to others? Can't you do a fantasy draft with any roster you want and it has the same amount of players? Just wondering. This is probably what I will end up doing but not sure if I am missing something lol.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #480
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHask88
Out of curiosity, what makes a roster "fantasy draft ready" as compared to others? Can't you do a fantasy draft with any roster you want and it has the same amount of players? Just wondering. This is probably what I will end up doing but not sure if I am missing something lol.
You need a roster that can allow for full 90 man rosters to be drafted.

A lot of the classic rosters have 25/40 man rosters but then have generic players filling out the rest.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »