Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #505
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

I'm 10 Teams into my Early '60s port. Should have'r done in a couple days which will be a straight non-enhanced port ..........

But from what I've seen thus far a MLBTS 17 enhanced roster will basically only have a need to upgrade to some of the newer hairstyles for 18. Of course, some batting stances could be improved as well.

This Early '60s is a straight port from MLBTS 17 which was imported from MLBTS 16 without ever being 17 enhanced in anyway so it will have some enhancing to go but that will come in time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 06:54 PM   #506
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Everyone,

SDS removed season mode. A huge blow to simply playing with 25 man classic rosters in a simple season replay.

I am going to simply go back to 17 and set-up all those amazing 25-40 man rosters as a franchise file and carry them forward to 18. Just turn CPU roster control to on so no injuries occur.

But a really rough decision and I am being nice. The game itself is a monster improvement over 17 though. I can’t tell yu how much better it plays.

Some bugs though in terms of SOTS not working properly so I am waiting for that to be addressed via patch before I put in the labor of setting all that up.

Meantime keep up the incredible work of classic rosters gents. Post-Season mode is also still in and they can be used to set up dream playoff matches and also like I said used in franchise mode as a one season replay.

Peace
This really sucks! Again, no love for the classic roster fans that just want a one and done season. Guess playoff mode will be getting more of a workout. I'm in less of a hurry to pick this up now. In the meantime, I'll follow suit with Armor's suggestion starting tonight as I'm still playing MLB 17.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 03-23-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:29 PM   #507
Rookie

Started a 1981 90-man today. Fully intend to finish it if it kills me. I did some background work in '17 so I'm not starting from scratch - today I got through the full Mets' 40-man and most of AAA.

Still no idea what I'm going to do about the four "extra" franchises, but I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #508
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfdutch
So how do you set it up for franchise? Sorry for asking but i have no experience with this.
Just download the rosters you want to carry over from the vault in MLB 17. Then, load the roster you selected and go to "franchise" and select "new" with "current rosters". When setting up the franchise make you select all the teams, and then turn the "CPU Roster Control" option to "on". Then save the franchise file. Finally, load up MLB 18 and select "Continue from the show MLB 17". Save this file and you're all set. To use teams from franchise in playoff mode, you can then export players from the franchise mode to a roster template that you set up (can be any old roster at all). and copy over the existing players in said template at the MLB level.

Also, in retrospect, I guess losing the season mode isn't really that bad. Just use to it, I guess.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 03-23-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:29 AM   #509
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Going to be periodically working on the 1989 rosters. Got the Cubs done and uploaded, Herschie91 in the vault. To be honest, the only other teams I'm probably going to do are the Giants, A's, Blue Jays, Reds, Pirates, and Expos. I'll upload as I go.

Hopefully someone has this complete by then so I don't have to bother.

28827923_10157435721113228_3269210193471888915_o (1).jpg
Old 03-24-2018, 04:43 AM   #510
Rookie

ImW33Z's Arena

Hello everyone! I will be porting over my roster from MLB 17 The Show which was the 2005 roster. I will be making a few updates to some of the character models with the new equipment and hairstyles. This year my roster will be much better however due to me correcting some issues I had noticed in 2017. One of the big ones being that I used how many games a player played on a certain team instead of what team they were on opening day to judge where I placed them. That has been fixed as well as the addition of 50+ prospects. I'm incredibly busy with college and my internship search, but I plan on keeping everyone updated over the next few weeks. I plan to have this thing up and running on the vault by early to mid April.

P.S. If any other creators want to help with prospects or just tweaking character models feel free to contact me and we can work things out.

Cleveland Browns
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Columbus Blue Jackets
Ohio State Buckeyes
Youngstown State Penguins
Pro Wrestling

Official 2005 Roster Project available now on MLB 20 The Show PSN: KrombopulosW33Z.

On Twitter: @LordW33Z
Old 03-24-2018, 07:59 AM   #511
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Just download the rosters you want to carry over from the vault in MLB 17. Then, load the roster you selected and go to "franchise" and select "new" with "current rosters". When setting up the franchise make you select all the teams, and then turn the "CPU Roster Control" option to "on". Then save the franchise file. Finally, load up MLB 18 and select "Continue from the show MLB 17". Save this file and you're all set. To use teams from franchise in playoff mode, you can then export players from the franchise mode to a roster template that you set up (can be any old roster at all). and copy over the existing players in said template at the MLB level.

Also, in retrospect, I guess losing the season mode isn't really that bad. Just use to it, I guess.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #512
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Heads up fellas. Keep saving your work as you go. The roster glitch from 17 is back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »