Home

Bacon's Fictional Roster

This is a discussion on Bacon's Fictional Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2023, 10:54 AM   #1353
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Bacon's Fictional Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Does anyone know why I can't get online for MLB 20 so I can get these rosters for ps5 mlb 20
Just asking, do you have a VPN that may be blocking it?
Old 02-15-2023, 11:39 AM   #1354
Pro

Does anyone know if 23 will be able to have these rosters in them?
Old 02-15-2023, 06:22 PM   #1355
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Does anyone know if 23 will be able to have these rosters in them?
No sir. I have no plans on re-creating BFR on MLB23 and have nearly no roster to transfer from 22 to 23 even if SDS adds any sort of transfer function this late into the cycle.

Hate it for my fans but BFR will forever live on within the older versions of the game!

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2023, 09:45 AM   #1356
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
No sir. I have no plans on re-creating BFR on MLB23 and have nearly no roster to transfer from 22 to 23 even if SDS adds any sort of transfer function this late into the cycle.

Hate it for my fans but BFR will forever live on within the older versions of the game!

Bad news: I won’t be upgrading to ‘23 and will continue with ‘20 (which really isn’t bad news but I’m dying to play this game on next-gen)
Good news: Saves me $70 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2023, 12:44 PM   #1357
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:

Feel like I need to clarify this since I don't think I adequately shared what I have been thinking.

I am very disappointed with where BFR left off. I refuse to use the word perfect because there were so many more things I wanted to do with the project and wish I could have completed if The Show would have allowed it. I feel like I did a lot of things no one had seen before, focused on quality while also having a large quantity of players and put effort into all portions of the roster.

I do not want to rush to create something, put my name on it and have people severely dislike it because there is now a quality threshold I always want to hit and I am too busy from March-July every year to even want to do something like that anyways.

That being said, IF there was a way to transfer players, franchises or whole rosters from game to game at all moving forward, I would need a GUARANTEE from SDS that my work would truly transfer from one game to the next (and hopefully the next etc after that) to revive the BFR project.

Lastly, if I see an opportunity to create any other sort of fictional project, whether it is on MLB The Show or any other sports titles, I still have interest in creating. I'd like to do some other things with my time and enjoy some other sports so there may be other Bacon's Fictional creations like the Madden Draft Classes I tried out on Madden 23.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 02-17-2023, 01:35 PM   #1358
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Feel like I need to clarify this since I don't think I adequately shared what I have been thinking.

I am very disappointed with where BFR left off. I refuse to use the word perfect because there were so many more things I wanted to do with the project and wish I could have completed if The Show would have allowed it. I feel like I did a lot of things no one had seen before, focused on quality while also having a large quantity of players and put effort into all portions of the roster.

I do not want to rush to create something, put my name on it and have people severely dislike it because there is now a quality threshold I always want to hit and I am too busy from March-July every year to even want to do something like that anyways.

That being said, IF there was a way to transfer players, franchises or whole rosters from game to game at all moving forward, I would need a GUARANTEE from SDS that my work would truly transfer from one game to the next (and hopefully the next etc after that) to revive the BFR project....
this is the same integrity that showed up in the years of work you put into BFR, just wanted to say thanks for that, and the only disappointment is squarely on Sony for not continuing y2y saves.
what BFR brought to the table in and of itself, there can be no disappointment there, as many people, myself included, enjoyed many hours of better baseball because of BFR.

so, many thanks again, you cannot sacrifice integrity to make this labour of love as fantastic as it is, and BFR will live on for many years to come as a ton of people already have these rosters for as long as they want

Last edited by Caulfield; 02-17-2023 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:12 PM   #1359
Rookie

OVR: 4

The most fun I ever had with The Show was using BFR in The Show 21, in a 30 team rebranded league with custom/fictional stadiums.

I skipped The Show 22, knowing BFR wouldn't be back ... but I got the itch again and have The Show 23 (even though I know BFR isn't happening).

That being said, I still much prefer using fictional players and I know a fictional roster will likely pop up eventually (I know Caufield is working on one), but I'm super into the game now and looking to scratch my itch for an entirely custom fictional world.

I'm in the process of testing out the viability of simply 'creating' my own fictional rosters simply by simming ahead 20 years or so until all the original players are retired.

I've made it 15 years into my test sim so far, and I'm actually pretty impressed with the quality of the game generated players... I seem to recall in past versions of the game they looked very alien/mismatched/not overly believable as ballplayers.. but I'm happy with the look of the players the game generates in draft, even if it may not be as good as it was with BFR.

Has this aspect of the game improved?

I'm wondering, for all those who know the BFR style rosters well, what will I be missing going forward into a game world with creating my own fictional roster by simming ahead, that would be a shortcoming as compared to using BFR? I'm assuming ratings and balance were much better in BFR, and I do recall the players were very uniquely rated with a lot of interesting splits and very unique players - likely don't see as much of that with game generated CAPs.

But 15 years in, the vast majority of the people left in the game world being new-gen CAPS who were drafted..and the balance doesn't seem too out of whack ..Year end stats are still somewhat in line with what you would expect (ie there's no overpowered 100 rated guys hitting 90 homers a year, or striking out 500 people) ...

The biggest issues seem to simply be with The Show issues at large (long relievers being used way way too much, other better pitchers not being used enough in the bullpen).

So, I'm just wondering... this won't be as good an experience as using BFR I'm sure, but ... what will be missing/lacking if I do go ahead with my custom world and just pick up play in year 2045 or so, using entirely game generated CAPS as the basis for my league?
Old 03-29-2023, 06:44 PM   #1360
MVP

Rip that's a great idea. The only thing I see with that is like you said it won't be as good as bacon's.

I see it is as if your friend has McDonald's ( bacon's) and your mom gives you a hamburger on wonder bread 🍞 (Sim)

It's just not the same. 😂
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »